PDA

View Full Version : r=u=j=s

NeoTifa
08-21-2008, 04:22 AM
has anybody ever seen a possibility for a subtle link in between ff's? me i fancy that jenova is actually a sorceress from ff8 world banished at the beginning of the creation of the world for being evil, thus being stopped by the ancients. :p or do i just think too much lol. and so, without getting into the whole r=u debate, maybe u=j somehow possibly? XD idk

your thoughts and strange predictions on how games are linked....

Saber
08-21-2008, 04:55 AM
oh my god riona = sephiroth I gotta put this in the FF8 forum.

Yar
08-21-2008, 05:02 AM
The games are canon within themselves alone, unless they have sequels/prequels/spin-offs. VII and VIII are related only in that their names say Final Fantasy, and that they both contain the normal things such as chocobos, Phoenix Downs and an ATB battle system. ;)

ReloadPsi
08-21-2008, 02:33 PM
No, no, and no. Also no.

FFX-2 isn't connected to FFVII, they just threw that extra crap in for the lulz.

FFVIII isn't connected to Chrono Cross; I think even Future Esthar realised that as he's been gone a long time.

FFIX is a pastiche on the first five games. It's not meant to be directly connected.

FFII isn't a sequel to FFI. There's nothing in the game that will imply that, and the NPC saying "WARRIORS, revive the power of the ORBS!" was a joke by the fan translators.

Kain Highwind, Richard Highwind and Cid Highwind are not related.

scrumpleberry
08-21-2008, 03:12 PM
No, no, and no. Also no.

FFX-2 isn't connected to FFVII, they just threw that extra crap in for the lulz.

FFVIII isn't connected to Chrono Cross; I think even Future Esthar realised that as he's been gone a long time.

FFIX is a pastiche on the first five games. It's not meant to be directly connected.

FFII isn't a sequel to FFI. There's nothing in the game that will imply that, and the NPC saying "WARRIORS, revive the power of the ORBS!" was a joke by the fan translators.

Kain Highwind, Richard Highwind and Cid Highwind are not related.

Party pooper.

This thread is for caraaazy speculation, not being shot down :spin:

speaking of which i have nothing to contribute

Magixion
08-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Big news!

Deling=Shinra! They both are leaders of big corporations or nations!

Aeris=Rinoa! They both fell in love with a guy with black hair!

Barret=Irvine! They both shoot things!

f f freak
08-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Aeris=Rinoa! They both fell in love with a guy with black hair!

Rinoa didn't. Squall has brown hair.

I have nothing else to contribute.

Bastian
08-21-2008, 10:05 PM
The main character from FFA is BUTZ/BARTZ! Seriously! They both ride Chocobos!

Marky Tee
08-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Inter-Game Connections - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Inter-Game_Connections)

in found this page pretty cool

Saber
08-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Shinra from ff7 transformed into a single man and then posed as a supersmart kid in ff10-2. no one really knows how those little spere things are gonna hurt spira.

White Queen
08-22-2008, 05:33 PM
When I first bought FF8 I was under the impression that it was a sequel to 7 (I was only 12, give me a break) and I almost thought that Spehiroth and Ultimecia were related (grey hair) and that Zell was a descendant of Cloud and Tifa :p
But then I bought a Playstation magazine doing a review on 8 and all my hard-thought out connections and speculations were crushed....sigh.
:mog:

Bolivar
08-23-2008, 02:27 AM
Jenova = Yunalesca = Ultimecia = Cloud of Darkness

It's true, yo.

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2008, 05:53 AM
I get the feeling this is supposed to be a crack theory thread, Psi, stop being lame xD

Anyway.

Tidus is Cloud's great-great x100 Grandpa. Because they're both blond and I said so.

Vermachtnis
08-23-2008, 06:29 AM
Yuna built the Gold Saucer. That's why her face is on the sign.

Big D
08-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Jenova = Sephiroth is a pretty through anti-theory I came up with some time ago xD I won't go into detail, but there's "evidence" to back it up:p

There's also an expanded version of that theory, whereby Jenova is actually Melkor/Morgoth, from Tolkien's fictional world.

Momiji
08-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Oh my god you guys, did you know that Barret is actually Rosa from FFIV? It's true! It's on the internet, so it must be! :p

qwertysaur
08-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Oh my god you guys, did you know that Barret is actually Rosa from FFIV? It's true! It's on the internet, so it must be! :p
You forgot the link that Rosa is actually Unne for FF III, while Barret is the seventh reincarnation of the Second Light Warrior, following
Guy
Desch
Palom
Leena
Orthos.

Unstoppable Pig
08-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Rinoa, woman who is constantly in trouble and needs to be saved is actually Sephiroth who is the best SOLDIER ever? Of course why we all have been so blind. It is so obvious.

My evidence:
-Rinoa needs to be save 7832 times during FFVIII, which is the amount Sephiroth does damage on Aeris when he kills her.

-Jenova and Ultimecia are both bad girls in a game series called Final Fantasy.

-Clouds hair is spiky thanks to Rinoa/Ultimecias evil magic

-Rinoa has dog called Angelo and Safer Sephiroths theme is "One winged Angel"

-most solid evidence is seen in FFIX. First drink 12 beers and then play IX and all monsters that you no longer have random encounters and then you face special battle against Jenova who has Sephiroths hair, Ultimecias theme, Rinoas face and Caith siths tail.

NeoTifa
08-28-2008, 06:27 PM
.......XD how can you even find the controller after 12 beers?

Vyk
08-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Someone told me Cloud was a little kid in FF6

But I saw clouds in FF4 too. I think he's in all games. Watching over them. From the sky

Moon Rabbits
08-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Jenova = Sephiroth is a pretty through anti-theory I came up with some time ago xD I won't go into detail, but there's "evidence" to back it up:p

There's also an expanded version of that theory, whereby Jenova is actually Melkor/Morgoth, from Tolkien's fictional world.

Bolded part = pure awesome.

As for Jenova = Sephiroth, I actually always thought they were pretty closely correlated and, generally, the same being. Jenova is controlling Sephiroth for almost the entire game, after all.

Tavrobel
08-28-2008, 08:10 PM

That means Cloud is Turin Turambar. After all, he does fight fate.

And Barret = Irvine could totally be true. Hasn't anyone seen Tropic Thunder?

PeneloRatsbane
08-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Jenova=Sephiroth?
I thought he just had jenova junk injected while he was still in Lucrecia's womb. Poor guy had a bit of a dodgy gene pool to start out with and then they mixed some Jenova in.

Paine = Auron, after the sex change operation, he faked his own death so they would never guess.

Oh and Garnet is Tifa's great great great (and so on) Grandmother because they have the same hairstyle

Big D
08-29-2008, 12:57 AM

That means Cloud is Turin Turambar. After all, he does fight fate.Not necessarily... the Morgoth theory depends on a number of factors, including:

Morgoth was exiled into the depths of space
Jenova 'fell from the sky'
Morgoth attempted to dominate life, and spread destruction
Jenova wanted to rule over all life on the planet, and spread destruction
Morgoth could change his form
Jenova can also change form
...and so on...
I'm not for a second suggesting that FFVII takes place in the same world as Tolkien's stories, but rather on a different world, many millennia in the future, after Morgoth's been drifting across the stars.

Actually, I'm not seriously suggesting that either; it's more of a parody theory than anything else.
Jenova is controlling Sephiroth for almost the entire game, after all.This has always been a contentious issue, but the FFVII Ultimania clears it up: Sephiroth was always in control of his own actions, rather than being manipulated by Jenova directly.

Tavrobel
08-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Not necessarily... the Morgoth theory depends on a number of factors, including:

...and so on...

I was also being facetious, but just because I can:

The Ainur (yes, this does include Melkor, because he would have been one of their number) existed before the conception of the world. Tolkien consistently described the spirits as having descended into the world. Of course, this occurs before everything else in the world, but it is still a pivotal moment in that history, and crashing into the world from outer space is pretty close to descending.

They both did that. But ultimately, Jenova would have found a way to leave, consuming other worlds in the process. Melkor just wanted to stay.

They both could change form, but Melkor eventually stopped. He had spread his power too thin amongst his evil minions. In a sense, this is very similar to Jenova, whose parts has been scattered everywhere, and strength is based on the percentage of constitution. Of course, Melkor has nothing close to Reunion, unless you count the distant future where he breaks the Doors of Night.

Furthermore, they both have extremely strong agents who continue their works. Melkor has Sauron, and Jenova, in a way, has Sephiroth (for that short time). But, I don't think Melkor was kept hidden away for a long time or experimented on; people just never said his name. Eldar == Ancients. In the Third Age, the number of Elves was dwindling in ME, and they left (cue the Avari). The last string of Elven qualities in people came from the union of Arwen and Aragorn; that means, of course, that Eldarion is Aeris. Except Eldarion kind of owns everyone's face after his father's death, doesn't suffer his own violent death, and has several sisters.

Cloud == Turin based on the lore given to us of a prophecy about the last battle, Dagor Dagorath.

Serapy
09-09-2008, 03:26 AM
In FF7, Aeris knew Zack before she met Cloud. Aeris is important to the FF7's story. Aeris did not tell Cloud about Zack after he met Cloud straight away.
In FF8, Rinoa knew Seifer before she met Squall. Rinoa is important to the FF8's story. Rinoa did not tell Squall about Seifer after he met Squall straight away.

Captain Maxx Power
09-09-2008, 11:17 AM
This thread is more epic than Future Esthar.

Project G
09-13-2008, 11:24 AM
They are all connected because you touch yourself at night lol

Fynn
09-29-2008, 03:16 PM
In FF8, Rinoa knew Seifer before he met Squall.

Sorry, but that's not true. For starters, they had known each other from orphanage. They went to the same GARDEN, so they actually knew each other all the time.

Serapy
09-30-2008, 02:49 AM
In FF8, Rinoa knew Seifer before he met Squall.

Sorry, but that's not true. For starters, they had known each other from orphanage. They went to the same GARDEN, so they actually knew each other all the time.

Oops, I accidentally put "he" instead of "she".

champagne supernova
10-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Not necessarily... the Morgoth theory depends on a number of factors, including:

...and so on...

I was also being facetious, but just because I can:

The Ainur (yes, this does include Melkor, because he would have been one of their number) existed before the conception of the world. Tolkien consistently described the spirits as having descended into the world. Of course, this occurs before everything else in the world, but it is still a pivotal moment in that history, and crashing into the world from outer space is pretty close to descending.

They both did that. But ultimately, Jenova would have found a way to leave, consuming other worlds in the process. Melkor just wanted to stay.

They both could change form, but Melkor eventually stopped. He had spread his power too thin amongst his evil minions. In a sense, this is very similar to Jenova, whose parts has been scattered everywhere, and strength is based on the percentage of constitution. Of course, Melkor has nothing close to Reunion, unless you count the distant future where he breaks the Doors of Night.

Furthermore, they both have extremely strong agents who continue their works. Melkor has Sauron, and Jenova, in a way, has Sephiroth (for that short time). But, I don't think Melkor was kept hidden away for a long time or experimented on; people just never said his name. Eldar == Ancients. In the Third Age, the number of Elves was dwindling in ME, and they left (cue the Avari). The last string of Elven qualities in people came from the union of Arwen and Aragorn; that means, of course, that Eldarion is Aeris. Except Eldarion kind of owns everyone's face after his father's death, doesn't suffer his own violent death, and has several sisters.

Cloud == Turin based on the lore given to us of a prophecy about the last battle, Dagor Dagorath.

There is also the prophecy that Melkor must re-appear for the Final Battle. And Melkor created & twisted minions by giving them his power, whereas Jenova was more of a disease-type thing.

Shinra = Saruman. That's actually quite a good comparison. They both screwed nature to accomplish their goals.

NeoTifa
10-03-2008, 01:06 AM
enough with the nerd talk!!!! :twak: psh lotr oh gawd

((this things still active? :p))

Big D
10-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Shinra = Saruman. That's actually quite a good comparison. They both screwed nature to accomplish their goals.Sure, but my nonsense theory wasn't just that Jenova and Melkor are comparable; I'm claiming that it's possible for them to actually be the same being. Cloud and Turin are different people, Saruman and Shinra are different entities. FFVII and Tolkien's worlds are different planets. But the 'exiled-into-space' aspect of Melkor's story means that Jenova could actually be him, in a new form:p

Of course it's ridiculous and implausible, but nonetheless there's "evidence" to back it up, R=U style:D

Tavrobel
10-03-2008, 02:20 AM
It's obvious that Vincent is supposed to be Maedhros. I mean, who else can be found underground with a shiny object? In fact, Vincent even has a metal prosthetic. In fact, Vincent even threw himself down there. Coincidence? I think goddamn not there isn't a paradox.

NeoTifa
10-03-2008, 02:53 PM
what?

shinra == umbrella corps ...O.o