PDA

View Full Version : ePSXe help

Carl the Llama
08-21-2008, 04:49 PM
ok so iv downloaded ePSXe 1.7.0 and im trying to run my final fantasy viii on it but for some unknown reason every time I put the disk into the disk drive it doesnt recognise the game, and if I try to run CD it just loads up a black screen and does nothing, iv tried useing the 7003 and 7502 bios (PAL) but it doesnt work, now I can get other games (Lunar The Silver Star Complete NTSC and FFI on PAL) to run from my CDROM with the 1001 bios and it works just fine. can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I can do to play FFVIII on my PC?

For the record my FFVIII is platinum but im thinking this wouldnt make much of a diffrence.

Moon Rabbits
08-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Try changing which plugins you're using to handle the CD-ROM. If that doesn't work, your CD may be damaged or your other plugins may be interfering.

Rostum
08-25-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure if this is just for emulating on the PSP, but if you have the PAL version you'll need to rip it and patch it (due to it having copyright protection that's different to other versions).

Baloki
08-25-2008, 03:39 PM
FF8 requires a special setting to be active on ePSXe, hell if I can remember where though.

Moon Rabbits
08-25-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure if this is just for emulating on the PSP, but if you have the PAL version you'll need to rip it and patch it (due to it having copyright protection that's different to other versions).

FF8 requires a special setting to be active on ePSXe, hell if I can remember where though.

Both of these are true.

If it is the NTSC version, you have to check the FF8 fix box in the special options for your graphics plug in.