PDA

View Full Version : I need your advice...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-21-2008, 08:32 PM
I've never read a Batman comic book before because to my knowledge there's no comic book shop in Rochester Minnesota but just recently I found out I could buy Batman comics from Amazon.Com and I'm going to do just that. Here's the list of Batman comics I'm going to buy:

1. Batman: Year One

2. The Killing Joke

3. The Long Halloween

4. Dark Victory

5. Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth

6. Batman: The Last Arkham

7. Arkham Asylum: Living Hell

8. The Dark Knight Returns

Do you have any recommendations for me? And by recommendations I mean Batman comic books I haven't already listed.

Roto13
08-21-2008, 08:41 PM
The Dark Knight Returns is overrated.

Namelessfengir
08-21-2008, 08:44 PM
im interested in batman year 100 that looked interesting

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Are you going to give me a recommendation or not? I don't want a smart ass comment I want a recommendation.

Old Manus
08-21-2008, 09:21 PM
His recommendation was that you don't buy it.

Roto13
08-21-2008, 09:23 PM

Are you going to give me a recommendation or not? I don't want a smart ass comment I want a recommendation.

Yeah, I got a recommendation for you.

Kiss my ass.

Balzac
08-21-2008, 09:28 PM
You want <s>Batman: The Long Halloween.</s>

You already had that listed, I didn't see it at first. :P

Get Batman: The Cult. Easily one of the best there is.

And as Roto13 said The Dark Knight Returns is overrated.

Slothy
08-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Overrated, but still an pretty good read, and in my opinion, too important in the history of Batman comics to leave out. It has had an undeniable impact on the character and comics since then. I'd say it's worth seeing what the deal was and if he agrees himself.

At least it's a hell of a lot better than All Star Batman and Robin.

Roto13
08-21-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm not even really convinced of that. The problem I had with The Dark Knight Returns is that it was typical over-the-top Frank Miller crap. From what I've heard, that's exactly what's wrong with All Star Batman. (I haven't read it, though.)

Nifleheim7
08-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I remember Batman Adventures:Mad Love was a great read.
I also liked the first Batman/Dracula graphic novel (elseworlds).

Slothy
08-22-2008, 02:24 AM
I'm not even really convinced of that. The problem I had with The Dark Knight Returns is that it was typical over-the-top Frank Miller crap. From what I've heard, that's exactly what's wrong with All Star Batman. (I haven't read it, though.)

I've read bits of All Star here and there and believe me when I say the Dark Knight Returns is almost reserved by comparison when it comes to the over the top Frank Miller stuff.