PDA

View Full Version : HELP: FF7 - Material Keeper

andrewwan1980
08-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I really need help. Am following (GameFAQs: Final Fantasy VII (PS) Speed Run FAQ/Walkthrough by GarlandG (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197341/31141)) SpeedRun by GarlandG... but not really doing a speed run (just want to complete the game doing only the main storyline and no side quests.

I am stuck on Material Keeper and can't seem to kill him. I've tried both Cloud & Cait's way of poisoning/bio the material keeper. I can get Material Keeper to glow green but he just won't die.

Is there any other easier way to defeat this guy?

Comet
08-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Level up. Also learn trine from enemy skill and use it back.

ReloadPsi
08-22-2008, 06:19 PM
All party in back row, cure lots, use Limit Breaks, and like Comet says, nick its Trine and keep chucking it back.

Wolf Kanno
08-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Use Cait Sith's Manipulate on the Nautilus creatures on the coast and acquire Mighty Guard.

Saber
08-22-2008, 07:36 PM
He's got 8400 hp and can absorb fire. Try not to use ifrit although I would suggest to use all the other summons. Bio helps but that dosen't mean it will win you the fight. You should go fight a random battle somewhere else and get full limit bars for everyone before fighting the MK. When the battle starts wail your limit breaks and then cast bio. Have the enemy skill on and learn/use trine. When possible use summons (not ifrit) and when your low on powerful moves start attacking and using Ice or bolt. Always heal your Hp with cure or potions. If you can't knock him dead and get game over I'd suggest:

Level up.

cloud21zidane16
08-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Try and build up your limit breaks so their ready to use at the start of the battle.
Use enemy skill Trine once its used on you.
Heal often, having white wind in the enemy skill is really useful here
If you have the latest weapon try a few rounds of attacks, you can get quite a few in before youll be attacked back in this battle.
Try equipping some HP plus, you can buy it from Cosmo Canyon

If you still cant beat him level up 1 or 2 levels, Good luck!;)

DarkMateria
08-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Maybe if you got his name right, Materia Keeper. I don't know what knid of material he would keep.

Comet
08-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Maybe if you got his name right, Materia Keeper. I don't know what knid of material he would keep.

QFMFT

leader of mortals
08-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Dont follow a speed-run guide unless you are doing a speed run. It will not help you.

Aerith's Knight
08-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Easiest boss ever.. I can't believe you are having trouble with it.

Carl the Llama
08-27-2008, 02:45 AM

QFMFT

Kinda sad that you people have to point out the tinyest mistake... its a thread, not a grammer/spelling contest.