PDA

View Full Version : I think I lost a majority of braincells watching this.

sdm42393
08-23-2008, 03:09 AM
"Sonic Sex" segments from an old Sonic cartoon... it features Sonic telling you about alcohol, cigarettes, sexual harassment, and other things kids should stay away from.

YouTube - All "Sonic Sez" episodes (part 1) (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHxnvHR6-8&feature=related)
YouTube - All "Sonic Sez" episodes (part 2) (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8rFkX_FfGeA)

Goldenboko
08-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Don't be a fool smoking isn't cool!

Momiji
08-23-2008, 03:32 AM
Oh, Sonic, you and your outdated colloquialisms... I don't miss you.

Stay in school, kids. Remember: There are no poisonous flowers on Earth.

Karellen
08-23-2008, 03:47 AM
Oh wow, that is much worse then I remember it being. Kind of reminds me of the time I went back and read a few of the archie Sonic comics I used to collect as a child only to come to the horrifying realization that the writers were probably furries.

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2008, 03:52 AM
xDDD

I miss these :exdee:

sdm42393
08-23-2008, 03:55 AM
Oh wow, that is much worse then I remember it being. Kind of reminds me of the time I went back and read a few of the archie Sonic comics I used to collect as a child only to come to the horrifying realization that the writers were probably furries.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

arcanedude34
08-23-2008, 04:14 AM
"Sonic Sex" segments

O_O

Anyway, I thought it was funny that Tails actually got to huff a cig before Sonic came in and took it from him.

DMKA
08-23-2008, 04:30 AM
I prefer Sailor Says (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DrAe3hPCdAI) personally.

sdm42393
08-23-2008, 04:49 AM
I prefer Sailor Says (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DrAe3hPCdAI) personally.

Oh. My. God.

Hambone
08-23-2008, 05:08 AM
I liked how Hall of The Mountain King played in the background periodically.

I was gonna post the Sailor Says! Damn.

Roto13
08-23-2008, 05:16 AM
"If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably false."

Wow. Way to teach cynicism. :P

The guy trying to sell robots sounds like Mike the TV from Reboot. :P

These are awesome. "DON'T TOUCH SQUIRRELS OMG!"

Yar
08-23-2008, 05:17 AM
I remember this show. It used to be on either ABC or USA Network. (Can't remember which.)

Fun Fact: Jaleel White, AKA Urkel, voices Sonic.

There were like two different Sonic shows. This one was the cartoony one, and there was one that was darker and more serious.

Goldenboko
08-23-2008, 05:25 AM
I remember this show. It used to be on either ABC or USA Network. (Can't remember which.)

Fun Fact: Jaleel White, AKA Urkel, voices Sonic.

There were like two different Sonic shows. This one was the cartoony one, and there was one that was darker and more serious.
The second was called "Sonic X" I watched the first episode. It was weird. Apparently he broke the sound barrier and it made him fly :o

Yar
08-23-2008, 05:27 AM
No, Sonic X is the really new one. There was a show called "Sonic the Hedgehog," and then "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog." They both came out in the mid '90s. I think the "Adventures..." one is the one where these PSAs are from.

PS: I've never seen Sonic X, but it looks to be more "srs" than "lol." Anyone watch it?

sdm42393
08-23-2008, 05:38 AM
I've seen Sonic X and it's nothing too special. Another so-so show completely ruined by the tyrant that is called 4Kids Television.

Roto13
08-23-2008, 05:38 AM
I saw a couple of episodes of it, and it was pretty awful. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it was the dub (which changed the soundtrack and made it fucking annoying). I can't see the original version being that good, though.

The Saturday morning Sonic cartoon was awesome.

Yar
08-23-2008, 05:40 AM
I'd like to thank whoever started this thread. I'm now going to be YouTubing "Adentures of Sonic Hedgehog" episodes all night. :rolleyes2

sdm42393
08-23-2008, 05:55 AM
You're welcome.

Ryth
08-23-2008, 06:07 AM
Oh man, I remember these. That "if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably false" thing might just explain my extreme bitterness and cynicism. :monster:

I also remember a show called Sonic Underground, where Sonic and his brother and sister were princes/princesses and were looking for their mother to complete a prophecy. They also had magical medallions that would turn into instruments, allowing them to totally rock out whenever it was deemed necessary. It was probably awful, but I loved it as a kid. Any of this ringing a bell? :D

I Took the Red Pill
08-23-2008, 06:11 AM
I like how the "bike safety" one is all about giving your bike a regular maintenance check and mentions nothing of helmets.

sdm42393
08-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Oh man, I remember these. That "if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably false" thing might just explain my extreme bitterness and cynicism. :monster:

I also remember a show called Sonic Underground, where Sonic and his brother and sister were princes/princesses and were looking for their mother to complete a prophecy. They also had magical medallions that would turn into instruments, allowing them to totally rock out whenever it was deemed necessary. It was probably awful, but I loved it as a kid. Any of this ringing a bell? :D

Funny you mention that, I just watched the first episode on YouTube not long ago. It's.... interesting to say the least. I remember it being a lot better (most likely because I was like, seven).

Vermachtnis
08-23-2008, 06:24 AM
That's awesome. I used to watch that on USA before I went to school. Got a nostalgia rush, then another rush of something else soon followed.

sdm42393
08-23-2008, 06:30 AM
I just figured out that Sonic, Sonia, and that green hedgehog thing all have the same voice actor >_>

Yar
08-23-2008, 06:33 AM
I need to stop buying things. I just ordered "Sonic the Hedgehog" Complete Series. :eep:

Ah well, at least it was only $15, not $50... :)

Roto13
08-23-2008, 06:49 AM

That was such a stupid show. Marketing bullcrap. :P "Alright, so we have a cartoon about three furries with musical intruments. What franchise can we tie it into in order for it to automatically succeed?" "Sonic the Hedgehog." "But the three main characters are siblings. Sonic doesn't have any siblings." "What-the-fuckever. Make some."

Cz
08-23-2008, 01:53 PM
I was just thinking about these the other day. It's weird seeing them again. I haven't seen this show since I was about seven, so this was a cool nostalgia trip.

Loony BoB
08-23-2008, 11:27 PM
I can't help but wonder how many furries out there have been thoroughly disappointed after downloading these on P2P programs.

Balzac
08-24-2008, 01:29 AM
I'd seek medical advise if you're losing brain cells from watching a video.

Fire_Emblem776
08-25-2008, 09:22 PM
My god, I prefer Sailor Says. Its not as Corny.

Rengori
08-26-2008, 06:16 AM
I smurfing loved that show when I was younger, Sonic was like the first game I ever played. I sucked at it but I still loved it xD

Fonzie
08-26-2008, 01:49 PM

Good God, nostalgia just hit me like a ton of bricks. :D