PDA

View Full Version : This Is the Most Terrifying Job I've Had...

Yar
08-23-2008, 10:55 PM
So, I'm kind of in between jobs at the moment. Currently, I'm house sitting. It doesn't pay lots, but in reality, I don't need bags of money right now, just enough for gas/insurance/etc. I like house sitting because as much as it pays, it's well worth it. ($20 a day to watch someone's TV?) I'll be at this house until next Sunday.

The problem I have is, they have pitbulls. I am TERRIFIED of these dogs. Typically I'm fine with dogs, but being in a house with two dogs whose breed are known to be vicious is making me quite uncomfortable. They bark at me when I try to let them outside and don't ever shut up until I let them back in. Then they go to a room that I'm way too scared to enter and sleep. When they started barking, I freak out and I imagine them attacking me in the jugular or something. :(

I'm not being stupid and approaching them or anything, but they just seem to be really mean. The smaller dog I can get to come to me every once in a while by reaching my hand and letting him sniff me. But the bigger dog is the one that is making me most uneasy.

Am I being too paranoid?

:(

qwertysaur
08-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Yes. Pit Bulls are only mean if they are mistrated.

Formalhaut
08-23-2008, 11:45 PM
I would not be so sure. I have a slight fear of canines myself. Go tell the owners of the house of your concerns, Might help.

LunarWeaver
08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Don't whack them with anything heavy or wag any inappropriate body parts near their teeth and I'm sure you'll do fine. Tell these people to upgrade to cats~~~