PDA

View Full Version : I am the King

Hambone
08-24-2008, 12:26 PM
of procrastination. This whole summer I had a summer project for AP English 1 and I did it ALL tonight. It only took me 9 hours of intense concentration to do too! I thought this would take me until Monday to do, but I forgot the fact that I am freakin' smart! Yay procrastination. I'm really good at procrastinating, I know how to correctly judge the amount of time I have left and how much of it will be used for working on the assignment. I now have the last 2 days before I enter high school all to myself because of my awesome procrastination skills.

Typically turning in an assignment that I waited to the last minute to put together ends up like this:

Me: Here's the project, Mrs./Ms/Mr. (fill in teacher's last name here)!
Teacher: Wow Jonathan, this looks better than anything I've ever seen in my career as a teacher! Hold on, I'm gonna tell the whole class about your awesome job!
Teacher: Everybody, take a look at Jonathan's project! Isn't it wonderful? He obviously didn't procrastinate like you <strike>retards</strike> guys did! Nice job, Jonathan. Here, let me write a 100 in my gradebook right now! Would you like a chocolate bar?
Me: O.O

Do you procrastinate? Are you "good" at it? DISCUSS.

Goldenboko
08-24-2008, 03:38 PM
I procrastinate, I don't like it. :/

Oh let me fix this up for you.

Me: Here's the project, Mrs./Ms/Mr. (fill in teacher's last name here)!

Teacher (Thinking): Ugh, another one of these cheerful enthusiasts.
Teacher: khanditoverplox. Popquiz.
Me: ;_;

eestlinc
08-24-2008, 05:35 PM
the ability to make people think you spent a lot more time on something than you actually did is a good skill to have.

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I really suck at it. I always procrastinate until the last minute, and then I do <sup>1</sup>/<sub>10</sub>th of the project and try to turn it in, or just not do it at all. Is it even procrastination if you just don't do it?

So I go by with Cs the whole year until I bring up my grade with tests.

...and even when I DON'T procrastinate, I have to do everything all in one day and it still looks like crap because I don't know how to put time and effort into things.

Heath
08-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Not usually. If I've something to do, it'll usually bug me and so I'll want to get it out the way as soon as I can. Or else I'll schedule it for a time when it's convenient for me anyway, never usually leave things until the last minute unless I genuinely forget to do them.

Kirobaito
08-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Yes, I procrastinate. I like to think I'm pretty good at it.

Moon Rabbits
08-25-2008, 06:23 AM
My highschool functions as a "self-paced" environment. Each course has 20 course books, each which take about a week to complete + tests and assignments. Rather than teaching me to organize my time this has taught me that procrastination leads to my finest work, and that I work better under pressure.

The past three years of my highschool career have consisted of cramming weeks worth of school into single nights, or a couple of days.