PDA

View Full Version : The first ever EoFF Scummies: Nominations thread

[M] Mom – Host
08-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Welcome all to the first ever Awards ceremony for EoFF mafia games. It's been about a year, and we have had 10 large games, as well as three small ones in the Role Playing forum.

Now here are the catagories. I would like to thank qwertyxsora, Laddy, and Miriel for the suggestions.

General Players

1) Best Overall Player

2) Best New Player (First mafia game mafia VI or later)

3) Best at playing town

4) Best at playing mafia

5) Best at playing Serial Killer

6) Best at playing as partners

7) Most Helpful player

8) Most underrated player

9) Most Improved Player

10) Best Rolclaimer

All about the games (No nominations)

11) Best Host(s)

12) Best Game

13) Craziest Game

14) Best theme

15) Best Setup

Mod customs

16) Best Role

17) Best flavor text

Specific to a game and a player

18) Funniest Roleclaim

19) Cassandra award (Best last stand for a dying cause)

20) Best Stratigest

21) Best Scum catcher

22) Most cunning Mafia

Most Likely to

23) Be Vanilla Town

24) Be a Mafia goon

25) Ruin the game

26) Be replaced

27) Vote him/herself and not be the jester

28) Kill only town as a Vigilante

29) Be lynched day 1

30) Be nightkilled night 1

31) Try and shoot the nexus, twice

32) Live until the end of the game

33) Be banned from the next mafia game

The Godfathers (Only former hosts can vote, no nominations)

1)Best Host

2) Best setup

Also important stuff. There are some rules you need to follow, and if you don't then your nomination may not go through.

Rule #1 - You can nominate yourself for no more than two awards.
Rule #2 - You can nominate any one member for no more than four awards.
Rule #3 - Do not post your nominations - PM them.
Rule #4 - PM nominations to [m] Award Guy, not anyone else!
Rule #5 - PM your nominations by the closing date.
Rule #6 - Do not spam up the Scummies Thread with self-advertising.
Rule #7 - You cannot nominate more than one person per award. If you do, I'll take the first one you've nominated.
Rule #8 - For categories in the individual categories such as best roleclaim, nominations must include the person and role they were playing.
Rule #9 - Changes can be made once, and additions can be made however often you like. Please title any PM's with Changes as 'Nomination Changes' or 'Vote Changes', and the same for additions (only 'Additions' should replace 'Changes' in the title. Duh).
Rule #10 - You can only be nominated for things done in an EoFF mafia game. No Mafiascum. No Neskaya. No other forums. Only EoFF.
Rule #11 - There are no nominations for scummies 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15. All the nominee's are already preset
Rule #12 - There are also no nominations for the godfather awards.

*deep breath*

Also - You don't have to make nominations for every award.
Also - When nominating, please think not of overall, but purely of the last 10 mafia games. In other words, if someone was really helpful one year ago, and they don't help much now, they shouldn't get that award. This is purely for the occurrences of the last 10 mafia games!
Also - All nominations are strictly confidential - the only other people with access to the [M]Award Guy account are Laddy and qwertyxsora.
In addition to that - You cannot publically post your nominations or votes until after the final voting has occurred - a thread can be made for them a bit after the results are shown.
Also - To be nominated into the second round for an award, a member must obtain two nominations in that award. However, should eight members all receive three nominations, then the cut-off will be raised to three nominations, and the same for eight members receiving four nominations each, and so on. The only exception to this rule will be if only 1-3 members will be cut, meaning it's not worth the change.
Also - I hold the right to reject any nominations/votes for any reason, because that member has not played mafia on EoFF
Also - Let's keep it fun. GO! Nominate!

[M] Mom – Host
08-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Forgot to add that Nominations period is one week

Goldenboko
08-24-2008, 08:15 PM
24) Be a Mafia goon

That award is made for me. MADE FOR ME >:0

EDIT: First post ftw.

Del Murder
08-24-2008, 08:19 PM
You might want to increase the 'can't nominate a single person for more than four awards' deal. With so few people who play these games you can run out of people to nominate quickly. Especially for things like best SK. How many SK have we had?

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2008, 08:26 PM
COOL.

Now someone make a [M] For Your Consideration thread with the roles of every game and who played them and the links to those games because we need one and I'm too lazy to do it myself.

EDIT:

...also there are still some Mafia games that haven't been archived S:

Denmark
08-24-2008, 08:49 PM
The forum has a search function, did you guys know that? It's a wonderful thing.

Also I think the "best new player" award is biased because my first game was Mafia V.

(Denmark for worst host)

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2008, 08:52 PM
It's still a pain!

[M] Mom – Host
08-24-2008, 09:09 PM
You might want to increase the 'can't nominate a single person for more than four awards' deal. With so few people who play these games you can run out of people to nominate quickly. Especially for things like best SK. How many SK have we had?
We will tkae this suggestion into consideration.

It's still a pain!

Mafia VII (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/115530-mafia-vii-old-school-mash-up-game-over-town-win.html)

Mafia X (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/119456-mafia-x-harry-potter-lyncher-wins-hurray-oh-town-beat-mafia-i-spose.html)

C9 Mafia I (http://forums.eyesonff.com/role-playing-threads/115108-c9-mafia-i-town-win-leader-mortals-hero.html)

C9 Mafia II (http://forums.eyesonff.com/role-playing-threads/115842-c9-mafia-ii-town-win-bahamut2000x-dominates.html)

Bahamut & whatVVB's little mafia thingy (http://forums.eyesonff.com/role-playing-threads/116023-mafia-again-game-over-mafia-win-edczxcvbnm-everyones-hero-3-a.html)

This can also be a request to archive these I guess. :p

Heath
08-24-2008, 09:35 PM
I honestly - for a second - thought this was going to be the antithesis of the normal Ciddies with things like 'Worst Poster' and 'Worst Signature.' I don't quite know why I thought something like that would go ahead, but if there's a 'stupidest post' Ciddie next time around, I'd like to nominate this post in advance.

DK
08-24-2008, 09:39 PM
I honestly - for a second - thought this was going to be the antithesis of the normal Ciddies with things like 'Worst Poster' and 'Worst Signature.' I don't quite know why I thought something like that would go ahead, but if there's a 'stupidest post' Ciddie next time around, I'd like to nominate this post in advance.

You would face stiff competition from that guy who thought the theory of evolution meant that dogs came from rocks and that other guy who thinks that anyone who plays FPS games on consoles doesn't know how to properly evaluate FPS games.

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks Bizzaro Award Guy :</>D!

Sergeant Hartman
08-24-2008, 09:44 PM
This should be brief.

Denmark
08-24-2008, 09:54 PM

You would face stiff competition from that guy who thought the theory of evolution meant that dogs came from rocks and that other guy who thinks that anyone who plays FPS games on consoles doesn't know how to properly evaluate FPS games.

And don't forget Initial Fantasy.

Shiny
08-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Most of these pertain to Demon Dude. xD

Aerith's Knight
08-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Extreme suckage shouldn't be rewarded.

Although.. it'll give me a chance. xD

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Most of these pertain to Demon Dude. xD

Especially that last one.

Aerith's Knight
08-24-2008, 10:41 PM
28) Kill only town as a Vigilante

*cough*Jessweee[musicnote]*cough*

Levian
08-24-2008, 11:08 PM
COOL.

Now someone make a [M] For Your Consideration thread with the roles of every game and who played them and the links to those games because we need one and I'm too lazy to do it myself

That would increase the chances of me nominating by a pretty large percentage! I'm in a bit of a cba mode right now because of how much research I'd have to do to freshen my memory.

[M] Mom – Host
08-24-2008, 11:11 PM
We have 2 people's nominations so far. Come on, we need more!!

Aerith's Knight
08-24-2008, 11:12 PM
I'll give mine when I actually remember the Mafia games. :p

Should be soon. :)

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2008, 11:20 PM
COOL.

Now someone make a [M] For Your Consideration thread with the roles of every game and who played them and the links to those games because we need one and I'm too lazy to do it myself

That would increase the chances of me nominating by a pretty large percentage! I'm in a bit of a cba mode right now because of how much research I'd have to do to freshen my memory.

bah, I'm feeling less lazy so I'll do it myself.

...if someone's already like half done with it or something tell me now so I don't waste my time xD

Blue Harvest
08-24-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm too drunk to read through all of the old game threads right now. I'll read them and nominate when I sober up...next week :tongue:

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2008, 01:53 AM
This takes longer than I thought it would.

Blue Harvest
08-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Most Likely to

25) Ruin the game

DD :monster:

Me! >:(

33) Be banned from the next mafia game

DD again :monster:

Disclaimer: These are not actual nominations.

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2008, 02:14 AM
Bah forget it. If I had known that I can't type every table cell on a separate line without creating an actual line break I wouldn't have started on it :mad2:

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 02:34 AM
I have a question, do the C9's count in on the scummies?

I feel they should...

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2008, 02:40 AM
I think they do. They probably won't get as much attention, though S:

qwertysaur
08-25-2008, 02:53 AM
I have a question, do the C9's count in on the scummies?

I feel they should...
Yes. That is why I linked to them in this thread.

Del Murder
08-25-2008, 03:03 AM

Me! >:(

No. There is only one true winner of this award.

Bah forget it. If I had known that I can't type every table cell on a separate line without creating an actual line break I wouldn't have started on it :mad2:
You better finish. The thought of having that at my disposal has caused me to not bother nominating until it is completed.

Jessweeee♪
08-26-2008, 01:05 AM
I have school :(

Mommy sez I can only spend an hour on the computer at a time :</>D! By the time I'm done nominations will be over xD

You can blame whatever it is that makes

&lt;table>
&lt;tr>
&lt;td>&lt;/td>
&lt;/tr>
&lt;/table>

Create five blank lines above the table :mad2:

qwertysaur
08-26-2008, 01:07 AM
I have school :(

Mommy sez I can only spend an hour on the computer at a time :D! By the time I'm done nominations will be over xD
Send me what you have done, and I'll try and get it up by Wendsday.

Jessweeee♪
08-26-2008, 01:11 AM
I was trying to put them in nice and neat tables once I got to Disney Mafia, but that made problems xD

qwertysaur
08-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Thanks Jessweeee♪, I'll work on this tonight, and hopefully have it up tomorrow

demondude
08-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I would vote for myself in the bad categories, but I don't think I really need to. : - )

Del Murder
08-30-2008, 07:36 PM
I have to remember to nominate for this today.

[M] Mom – Host
08-30-2008, 09:45 PM
You have until September 1st, midnight, pacific time to send in nominations. Thats less then two days away, so send in your nominations!

Levian
08-30-2008, 11:56 PM
I'll get around to nominate by then

[M] Mom – Host
09-01-2008, 06:34 AM
Time is almost up, so of you are not finished, send what you have.

Freya
09-01-2008, 09:08 AM
lol i just saw this xD

Psychotic
09-01-2008, 03:44 PM
It's September!

Aerith's Knight
09-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Your name is Paul!

I'm sorry, what are we doing? :p

Psychotic
09-01-2008, 07:10 PM
You have until September 1st, midnight, pacific time to send in nominations. Thats less then two days away, so send in your nominations!

Goldenboko
09-01-2008, 07:28 PM

I think he meant 11:59 September 1st xD

Jessweeee♪
09-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I just got back from Canyon City and voting hasn't started yet :(

Levian
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
So... is it too late to nominate?

Jessweeee♪
09-04-2008, 12:05 AM
LATE ;_;

qwertysaur
09-05-2008, 05:09 AM
Sorry this got delayed. The power went out where I live for a few days, and I could not get on the internet. I'm making the voting thread now.

Del Murder
09-05-2008, 06:09 AM
:o the mafia did it!