PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Version

arcanedude34
08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
What's your favorite version of songs that appear in all (or several) FF games?

This includes but is not limited to:
Prelude
Main FF Theme
Battle Theme
Fanfare
Game Over
Boss Battle
Chocobo

sdm42393
08-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Prelude - To be honest, it sounds the same in all games to me.
Main FF Theme - Tour de Japon
Battle Theme - Final Fantasy VIII
Fanfare - Final Fantasy IX
Game Over - Final Fantasy II
Boss Battle - Final Fantasy IX
Chocobo - Electric de Chocobo (FF7) and Brass de Chocobo (FF10)

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Prelude: The version in the FFVIII demo that came with Brave Fencer Musashi (it plays in the main menu screen that gives the game tutorial or allows you to play the demo.) It was upbeat and awesome. I am still angry it never shows up in the actual game. :mad2:

Main FF Theme: The version that plays after Melodies of Life in FFIX. The two tracks meshed so well it made for a very moving experience.

Battle Theme: I don't care for many of the battle themes, in fact, I never appreciated them as musical pieces until the Black Mages did remixes of most of them. I tend to favor one time only or cinematic tracks like "Battle on the Bridge" or "Man with the Gun"

Fanfare: VI or VII's version. VI cause its the best sounding "traditional" version, VII is the best "non-traditional"

Game Over: Don't really have one...I guess VI since I can't remember any other...

Boss Battle: Decisive Battle from VI or Still More Fighting from VII. Beyond that I love special or final boss themes like "Battle on the Bridge", Dancing Mad, or the "Esper Battle Theme"

Chocobo: The Black Chocobo theme from FFIV :cool:

ReloadPsi
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Well obviously if you ask "boss theme" I'm gonna talk about FFVII's boss theme :)

In-game version: the bass is freakin' awesome. I recently took up bass and have heard a hell of a lot of sweet bass riffs I'd never noticed before. Also after all the different translations I'd seen for its name I decided to look up the Japanese: "Sara ni tatakau monotachi" (sometimes it's "sarani" not "sara ni" but I don't know enough about Japanese to say which is right).

However, the Black Mages' version is more awesome in every other respect, simply for being done with actual instruments and not a MIDI keyboard. They nerfed its bass though, sadly.

There's also this version I did, based on the Black Mages' version, in Mario Paint Composer. However, this dates back to a time when I did not play bass and so I've got the bassline wrong so many times. YouTube - Those Who Fight Further - The Black Mages (in MarioPaint) (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mR4Lc9tnzz4) I like this version very much lol egomania

Prelude: V. The string bit that bursts in at the usual time is less abrasive and deafening, mainly because it seems to be a full octave lower, so this is my favourite one.

Main FF Theme: IV. I love the intro to it. Nice to hear it redone in XII too!

Fanfare: IV. Has a nice marching rhythm to it.

Game Over: FFII.

Chocobo: Mambo de Chocobo (black from FFV)

Yuffie514
11-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Prelude:
Final Fantasy VIII. A great opening movie accompanied by Liberi Fatali.

Main FF Theme:
I'm not sure. Final Fantasy X perhaps.

Battle Theme:
Final Fantasy IX.

Fanfare:
Final Fantasy VII.

Game Over:
I don't remember any of them.

Boss Battle:
Final Fantasy IX.

Chocobo:
Final Fantasy VIII.

I've began from Final Fantasy VII and up, but the music scores didn't seem very good after Final Fantasy X.

Jessweeee♪
11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Prelude - Probably Liberi Fatali

Main FF Theme - The crystal thing, right? I'll probably get shot for saying this, but probably FFX's little woo party version xD

Battle Theme - FFVIII or FFVII

Fanfare - FFVII

Game Over - FFX-2

Boss Battle - FFXII definitely (the one that's actually titled Boss Battle). It almost sounds like it could have been a Final Battle theme for a previous FF. FFVIII's is pretty cool, too.

Chocobo - FFVII :3

Vermachtnis
11-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Prelude
Probably VIII, gonna hafta get back to ya on that one.

Main FF Theme
IV, when it plays right before the final dungeon

Battle Theme
V or IX, can't decide. Both pretty awesome

Fanfare
XII, it even comes with a nice congratulations flashing on the screen.

Game Over
IX, dunno why. I just liked IX's game over music.

Boss Battle
Mystic Quest, loved the boss music. Especially the final boss'

Chocobo
FFVIII, loved it. Fun running around the Disc 4 music with that playing.

Town *NEW*
V, I loved the towns that had the Celtic type music playing.

Markus. D
11-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Prelude
FF X-2

Main FF Theme
FFV~

Battle Theme
VII xD

Fanfare
X-2

Game Over
I'll have to check up on that.

Boss Battle
IX

Chocobo
VIII Definartly

Town
VIII has a nice variety.

Superboss Battle Theme
X, nothing beats that theme of Yunalesca/Dark Bahu's battle.

Jessweeee♪
11-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Superboss Battle Theme
X, nothing beats that theme of Yunalesca/Dark Bahu's battle.

Oooooh, Challenge was NEAT! I loved every battle theme in FFX ever except for the main battle theme and the main boss theme xD

arcanedude34
11-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Prelude - Probably Liberi Fatali

Main FF Theme - The crystal thing, right? I'll probably get shot for saying this, but probably FFX's little woo party version xD

Actually, the Prelude is the crystal thing, the main FF theme is... this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0gdy5NBgbc).

Jessweeee♪
11-11-2008, 05:15 AM
ooooh right.

Zeromus_X
11-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Prelude- Probably FFIV or VI's version
Main FF Theme- FFVII's
Battle Theme- FFV's
Fanfare- FFVI's
Game Over-FFVI's
Boss Battle-I'm leaning towards FFVIII
Chocobo-I really like FFIX's, "Ukelele de Chocobo", if I recall, made looking for all those treasures less of a pain. =)