PDA

View Full Version : Norton AntiVirus Big Problem

Carl the Llama
08-25-2008, 12:33 AM
well iv been trying to fix my computer for ages now and im at my wits end, to enable me to install my new anti virus software, I need to uninstall Norton but for some reason it isnt in my add/remove software, iv tried deleteing it from the computer manually but it keeps telling me its protected, please someone tell me how I can fix my computer.

Rostum
08-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Don't delete it manually, unless you know how to delete the registry files that go with it. Make sure you shut down Norton on your taskbar, and try uninstalling it through its own uninstaller. I have no idea why it wouldn't be in Add/Remove Programs.

Never use Norton, it sucks. Avast! and AVG are good, and if you are willing to pay, NOD32 is brilliant.

Baloki
08-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Personally Nortons not bad if you have enough spare resources to run it, but the easiest way is to insert the Norton Install CD and run the installer, should give you a repair/remove option then :)

Carl the Llama
08-25-2008, 12:42 AM
I thoughroly searched for an uninstall icon and have not been successfull in finding it. went through every application in the damned folder with no luck.

EDIT: I dont have the CD, it came preinstalled on my computer.

EDIT 2: is there any way to stop these damned warnings, every 2 minutes a new one pops up :/

Baloki
08-25-2008, 12:50 AM
And Google said, let there be light among my main hallways of the internet, and so therein a link appeared directing the chosen to the answer they seek:

HelpLine: How to remove Norton Anti-virus (http://blogs.chron.com/helpline/archives/2005/10/how_to_remove_n.html)

Rostum
08-25-2008, 12:55 AM
What warnings?

Carl the Llama
08-25-2008, 01:02 AM
every 2 minutes I get a norton generated warning saying my anti virus is out of date... really getting on my nervs

Carl the Llama
08-25-2008, 01:25 AM
And Google said, let there be light among my main hallways of the internet, and so therein a link appeared directing the chosen to the answer they seek:

HelpLine: How to remove Norton Anti-virus (http://blogs.chron.com/helpline/archives/2005/10/how_to_remove_n.html)

I love you... :) problem solved xD