PDA

View Full Version : I just...

Shronz_Thegreat
08-25-2008, 03:58 AM
Bought this on Amazon.com, it better be good as everybody says it is...or else.

So...Anyways, I wanted all of you to tell me what you think about this game.

Zeromus_X
08-25-2008, 05:24 AM
I think it is a very charming game and it is one of my favorite Final Fantasies.

Vivisteiner
08-25-2008, 03:13 PM
A lot of topics like these...and...I didnt realise it for a while, but its the best game ever. Hit me after my second playthrough though.

Shotgunnova
08-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Probably my fave next to Tactics. You'll find it's delightful and pretty well-rounded, and the there's an inimitable sense of whimsy that none of the other FFs can lay claim to.

charliepanayi
08-25-2008, 08:19 PM
It's a really great game, you won't regret getting it. It's the game that got me into Final Fantasy, it just reeled me in from the start. Love the music too.

unfinished fantasy
08-25-2008, 08:44 PM
chocobo gold&treasure hunting is a must if you want best weapons for certain characters; don't bother with powering up eidolons; don't waste your time on card game; first two discs are the most interesting; pick up Quina on your way to Burmecia; prefer millionare, ability up, level up

Bolivar
08-25-2008, 10:12 PM
^no, cards can be great throughout!

one of the best FF's IMO, one of my favorite RPGs. Great music, setting, plot, the battle system can be fun to get into, too. And Tetra Master is addicting.

Hambone
08-26-2008, 12:47 AM
The beginning is insufferable. I thought the game overall was decent, it kept me addicted for the entire summer of '06. Music is wonderful though.

Shronz_Thegreat
08-26-2008, 02:49 AM
Damn you Amazon.com and your free shipping...which takes 5-9 days to arrive here >_<

But I was looking at it, and it looks like its going to be one of those games you kinda...can't stop playing. The one where you don't eat, sleep, or talk to people. <.<

(Plus this is the one FF I haven't played yet...well for newer ones. I've played 7,8,10 10 x-2...and 12. So I figured I need to get this one to fix my OCD problems <.< )

Wolf Kanno
08-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Yeah, its a very addictive game. My personal favorite of the PS1 era FFs and one of my top FFs period. The cast is fun, the plot is intriguing, the music is excellent and I would argue it easily has the best cutscenes in the series. From beginning to end you will be barraged with 100% awesomesause! :cool:

ReloadPsi
08-26-2008, 11:18 AM
If you've played the first five games much, you'll absolutely love this.

Quindiana Jones
08-26-2008, 07:03 PM
It's the only game I have ever owned that I actually miss not being able to play anymore.

Crossblades
08-26-2008, 10:19 PM
It's a great game with a lovable cast of characters, good story, and awesome music. Plus, this game has ton of references from other FF games.

Heath
08-26-2008, 10:40 PM
I echo what everyone else has said about it being an excellent game that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Definitely one of the most underrated games in the series, as it's a great game.

Elskidor
08-26-2008, 11:15 PM
I have not played it since the year it was released, but I remember loving it. I didn't care for Kuja, but the rest of the cast is great. I'm on an FF casual marathon this year, and after I have wrapped up about four others I'm going to replay it. It's a great play so don't worry on if you wasted your money. Enjoy.

cloud21zidane16
08-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Its an amazing game, my second best FF, maybe even joint top! Youll love it:)

Marky Tee
08-28-2008, 02:18 PM
my favourite ff and possibly my fav game ever but for some reason didnt feel that way untill i played it through twice or something

a random ninja
09-03-2008, 03:07 PM
i've loved it since the first time i played it. it's one of my favorites, along with IV and tactics. you won't regret it. the gameplay may not be revolutionary or anything, but it's definitely solid and well put together. the characters are very diverse, the story's good, and all the throwbacks and references to older final fantasies is icing on the cake.

Shronz_Thegreat
09-04-2008, 11:39 PM
It came in the mail yesterday!!! ^.^ ^.^

Sadly I had to go to work :erm:

Sooo...good thing i'm about to go and play it now :) It better be as good as you guys say it is. (Good thing I trust you all.)

Momiji
09-06-2008, 03:11 AM
It's the best numbered release on Playstation. Tactics is superior if you're talking about Final Fantasy on Playstation overall though. However, FFIX has the best villain, IMO.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.