PDA

View Full Version : Too Human

Markus. D
08-25-2008, 05:23 AM
Should I get this game?

I've heard it's rather glorious, but I am skeptical.

oh ja, discuss too.

Moon Rabbits
08-25-2008, 06:01 AM
I am not interested in it ... like ... at all. but I've heard wonderful things.

Vyk
08-25-2008, 06:20 AM
I was -really- looking forward to it, until the demo came out on XBox Live :[ Then it was just a really pretty cyber Diablo with extremely wonky controls...

JKTrix
08-25-2008, 06:38 AM
If there is nothing else to play, it's fairly decent. Very technically flawed (graphics/engine glitches and such), but if you're fine with the game's combat and getting new loot every 3 seconds you might enjoy it.

However, there is a lot more stuff to play on the Xbox alone. Spend that money on the XBLA games that have come out in the last few weeks if you don't have them already, many times more fun than Too Human.

After 7 hours of co-op play, I can't particularly say I've had fun playing the game. Though I've had fun poking fun at it while playing. Maybe that's what's kept me playing it over the weekend? I imagine I'll abandon the game soon enough, if not by time Castle Crashers or Mercenaries 2 comes out.

Madame Adequate
08-25-2008, 02:35 PM
I really had fun with the demo, so I'll be getting Too Human at some point.

Roto13
08-25-2008, 04:05 PM
I've heard it's rather glorious, but I am skeptical.

Where did you that? Had to be from Denis Dyack. :P

Too Human (xbox360: 2008): Reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/toohuman)

Dreddz
08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Looks kind of like Phantasy Star Online to me, and that's not a bad thing at all. But then why does it only allow two player co-op. Isn't this the type of game that needs to have an online lobby where you can meet other people to show off with your equipment and stuff? They should have at least bumped the co-op to four players. I also hear you fight with the two analog sticks, which sounds kind of funky but I'm down with that.

They shouldn't have planned a trilogy from the start with this game. You need to give a game an ending so that if by any chance it flops (which Too Human may) then you can wash the game from your hands and start fresh with something else. I hope Too Human's fate doesn't wind up like our dear friend Shenmue's.

Roto13
08-25-2008, 04:43 PM
The main difference between Shenmue and Too Human is that if the Too Human trilogy never gets finished, only about five people will actually care. Also, Too Human's creator seems to consider it high art, and obnoxious artists don't let a little thing like reception keep them from following their mistakes through to the end.

So yeah. In another 20 years, the trilogy will probably end and nobody will notice.

Slothy
08-26-2008, 03:22 AM
I have no interest really. I learned a long time ago that Silicon Knights can tell a great story, but they make you wade through atrocious gameplay to do it. They just aren't that great a developer.

Roto13
08-26-2008, 03:27 AM
Hush. Eternal Darkness was awesome. :P

Tasura
08-26-2008, 05:30 AM
It's a decent game, I'm glad I rented it before I bought it though. I'll probably still buy it in the future, but not until it either goes down in price, or I've bought all the other 360 games I want.

The melee controls and camera pissed me off, so I spent about 80% of the game just using guns, then at the point that guns lost their effect, and melee weapons became useful I started using them, though, the melee system still sucks. Another thing that annoyed was the lack of any form of map what so ever.

It took me about 17 hours to beat the game, but only about 12 of that or less was actually spent on the story.

Magixion
08-26-2008, 04:26 PM
I heard that it was fun for about the first hour from all my friends who have played it. They said after the initial excitement of playing it wears off, it turns into a grindfest with a horrible camera and terrible glitches. I was looking forward to it, but I think I will pick up Tales of Vesperia today instead.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-26-2008, 09:35 PM
from what i hear this game will be in the bargain bin pretty soon, i didnt like the demo either, maybe ill give it another chance when its cheap enough

Vyk
08-27-2008, 01:10 AM
I guess that's more my stance. I'll probably pick it up on the cheap. Which I hate because I know Silicon Knights is probably struggling financially right now and they need help. But I just can't justify paying 60 bucks for this when I could pay 60 bucks for something that a company actually spent time making fun to play (hopefully Force Unleashed, but I'm not quite sure there either after their demo...)

I suppose this is good, as its one game I don't feel obligated to spend money on like Fable 2 and Fallout 3 and such. Stuff that you just have to own this generation