PDA

View Full Version : Good old Monkey Island :D

Croyles
08-25-2008, 03:34 PM
I just started playing Secret of Monkey Island again. It really took me back to a part of my youth. This game is still as fun as it was when I first played it, graphics dont matter!

I cant remember if I played any of the sequels...

How cool is Monkey Island?

blackmage_nuke
08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
In my opinion is the most awesome thing in the Lucas Arts franchise. Yes better than Star Wars. I think they should make more sequels, though go back to point and click instead of keyboard interface.

Ive played all four and i cant decide whether 2 or 3 is the greatest

scrumpleberry
08-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Never played any.

Vyk
08-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I downloaded the first two and bought the last two, at the behest of an EoFF friend. I've only played the first one though lol Too easy to get stuck in those games. I love point and click adventure games. But they always have the most insane solutions to things I'm not sure I believe anyone who claims to have come up with all the answers on their own

I'm not a big fan of requiring a guide to finish a game

But other than that, the personality and atmosphere of almost any point and click adventure is something I enjoy. And Monkey Island is like the grand daddy of them all

Rantz
08-25-2008, 05:44 PM
It's one of my favourite game series. :bigsmile:

arcanedude34
08-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Hoo boy. Monkey Island. Yeah, definately the most head-scratchinest experience in my life was trying to beat MI2 on normal mode. I love/hate how the games almost requires you to use a guide (not as much as King's Quest games however O_O)

I love the atmosphere, and the first three games hold a special place in my heart. I think the second one is my favorite (I can say I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the surreal ending) With MI4, however, I can honestly say that I have no interest in any future installments.

Croyles
08-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Yeah some of the solutions are just mind boggingly strange
I laughed my head off when you ask the the person in jail for a file which you need. He says if he had one he wouldnt be in jail anymore anyway and gives you a carrot cake instead which was given to him from his mum even though she knows he hates carrot cakes.
Use the carrot cake once given to you and you find the file inside LMAO!

Pete for President
08-25-2008, 09:58 PM
I remember playing a secret of monkey island demo way back, thought it was really cool. I should pick up some older point 'n click games...