PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Cloud at level 7

monir50
08-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi there, Im playing final fantasy 7 again. And this time im trying to keep Cloud at level 7, however everytime I battle the boss Rufus and his pet I level up to level 8 . Does anyone know if there is anyway i can stay at level 7 after the battle ?. Thank you

G3ORGE
08-25-2008, 07:46 PM
theres no way to stop leveling, youll just have to make do with being 8 lol.

PeneloRatsbane
08-25-2008, 09:16 PM
what purpose would having cloud at level 7 serve?

it would be impossible because Cloud is the majority of the battles anyway

Garnie
08-25-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah i dont think its possibul!
lvl up hunnie!

Zeromus_X
08-25-2008, 09:27 PM

Then just kill off Cloud so he avoids the exp.

And yeah, I think only Tifa could stay at level 7; I think Cloud is forced to go higher.

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 10:45 PM

Then just kill off Cloud so he avoids the exp.

And yeah, I think only Tifa could stay at level 7; I think Cloud is forced to go higher.

There are some fights Cloud must do along so you cannot just keep him dead to make this work. In Japanese verisions of the game you could get Yuffie at level 1 though.

Saber
08-26-2008, 05:07 AM
I don't know what the fuss is about Clouds level goes down to level 1 at Kalm lol

ReloadPsi
08-26-2008, 10:44 AM
I don't know what the fuss is about Clouds level goes down to level 1 at Kalm lol

Doesn't stay there.

Aerith's Knight
08-26-2008, 01:17 PM
I never see the point in these things.

cloud21zidane16
08-27-2008, 10:14 PM
You just have to settle for level 8 lol

PeneloRatsbane
08-28-2008, 12:13 AM
what about the last battle with sephiroth? i haven't done it in ages, is it one of those u can't lose

Zeromus_X
08-28-2008, 12:16 AM
what about the last battle with sephiroth? i haven't done it in ages, is it one of those u can't lose

The very, very last battle with Sephiroth can't be lost, yes. In fact...

YouTube - FFVII - Level 8 Cloud vs Sephiroth (Buster Sword ftw!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rqd5dnDJdU)

Hyperion4444
08-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Try and get Cloud to stay at Level 77 with 7777HP....
and see what happens....

Serapy
08-28-2008, 01:24 AM
I never see the point in these things.

Challenge.

scrumpleberry
08-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Level 8 is the lowest he can be.

DarkBahamut
08-28-2008, 06:02 AM

The very, very last battle with Sephiroth can't be lost, yes. In fact...

YouTube - FFVII - Level 8 Cloud vs Sephiroth (Buster Sword ftw!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rqd5dnDJdU)
YUP! Sephiroth has 0 HP (says FFonline.com)
Plus, when you fight and do choose the command of doing "Omnislash," Cloud had counter-attack on and attacks.

champagne supernova
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Why is Sephiroth not wearing a shirt/cloak? Seeing that he wore one for the entire game!

Oh, what happens if Sephiroth attacks you in that last battle? Surely then you'll get killed and it will be game over?

Anyone want to invest 50-60 hours to find out?

Serapy
08-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Why is Sephiroth not wearing a shirt/cloak? Seeing that he wore one for the entire game!

Oh, what happens if Sephiroth attacks you in that last battle? Surely then you'll get killed and it will be game over?

Nope, you won't get killed, lol. I don't even know why. I've tired it before.

I guess it was because Cloud was 100% destined to kill Sephiroth, no matter what happen. Like in the ending of FF7:AC.

PeneloRatsbane
08-28-2008, 06:34 PM

fanservice!! or cos it was getting to the nitty gritty of the fight

Avarice-ness
08-29-2008, 02:17 AM

fanservice!! or cos it was getting to the nitty gritty of the fight

I vote for fan service. Or unless when we went from the one winged angel form to this form, he was only able to wear pants, since he was topless in his one-winged angel form.

Saber
08-29-2008, 02:53 AM
In the third fight against sephiroth you can either use omnislash or he'll attack. If you get attacked Cloud will counter attack always. So Since Sephiroth only has 0hp after Cloud counter attacks/omnislash you win the battle. its a win/win situration.

Mercen-X
08-29-2008, 06:45 AM

Nope, you won't get killed, lol. I don't even know why. I've tired it before.

I guess it was because Cloud was 100% destined to kill Sephiroth, no matter what happen. Like in the ending of FF7:AC.

I thought the very last battle between Cloud and Sephiroth was supposed to be in Cloud's head... If that be the case, Cloud's equipment, limit, level, and materia play no part in the battle. His victory is assured the second you defeat Safer Seph.

champagne supernova
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
In the third fight against sephiroth you can either use omnislash or he'll attack. If you get attacked Cloud will counter attack always. So Since Sephiroth only has 0hp after Cloud counter attacks/omnislash you win the battle. its a win/win situration.

Yeah, I know Cloud counter-attacks. But what damage does Sephiroth deal to Cloud. Because, surely if you're at some suitably low-level, it could exceed Cloud's HP. But I think Serapy said its not possible.

Christmas
03-26-2022, 02:06 PM
He got a point. Cloud is just a regular Shinra grunt and dun deserve to go beyond Level 7. Hell, he dun even deserve to use the Shinra Building's toliet. Grunt wears diapers. :bigsmile: