PDA

View Full Version : Never knew this...

rcabronx
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
I have played and beaten FF8 six times. This is my seventh time playing thru, and I only now found this out...

You don't have to wait for the Galbadian occupation of Balamb to be over to win the Pandemona card in Triple Triad. After you help that Rascal kid talk to the parents of the little girl spazzing out next door to Zell's place, the little girl calms down, and says she's feeling better, and she has her father's cards and will keep them as a good luck charm. Her father is the hotel owner! If you play her enough times (mind you this is during the occupation, before you fight Fujin and Raijin) she WILL play the Pandemona card, and you can just get it from her...

Yay for discovering new stuff...in really old stuff...a very long time after it's actually been relevant. YEAH! :p

Moon Rabbits
08-27-2008, 06:07 AM
Neat. I did not know this either.

rubah
08-27-2008, 06:24 AM
wow! That was a good find :)

cloud21zidane16
08-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Cool find, theres so many extra things like this in FFVIII, everytime i think ive perfected the game i find something new on the next playthrough:D

Hambone
08-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Cards are never really a top priority for me when I play this game. Should they be?

Hyperion4444
08-28-2008, 12:47 AM
Nice to hear.
Now, if only someone would know where Laguna went where it was beautiful that Selphie said "I wanna go, I wanna go.."

Carl the Llama
08-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Cards are never really a top priority for me when I play this game. Should they be?

Yes lol, you can do so much with cards, you can be a walking talking power house with the use of card mod.

Think I had about 120 str on squall before I even went to do the seed exam with the use of card mod.

Hambone
08-30-2008, 09:07 PM

Yes lol, you can do so much with cards, you can be a walking talking power house with the use of card mod.

Think I had about 120 str on squall before I even went to do the seed exam with the use of card mod.

Ah okay, will do. Next playthrough, I'll start modding.

Qurange
08-31-2008, 05:16 AM
The card game itself can be a lot of fun, too.

Saber
08-31-2008, 05:32 AM
Me and my friend would always get a buzz on and play cards. Its so funny and since we didn't use any guide or anything we tried to play each person 10 to 15 times just to make sure we didn't miss anything. So your betting we had a lot of hours on FF8. The rest of my friends didn't like cards and since there were like 5 of us, me and my friend would get up early and stay up later playing.

Carl the Llama
09-01-2008, 03:33 AM
IMO the card game is the best mini game on any FF

rcabronx
09-04-2008, 05:09 PM
My husband is no fan of FF, so whenever I pick one up again, he asks me, is that the one with that stupid song?! This time my answer was yes...I play the cards on FF8 so much, my husband has threatened divorce if he hears the little song again... dum de dum de dum de dum de dum de CLAP CLAP dum de dum... he hates it so much. HEH... I raise the volume if we're fighting, just to zetz him! BEST MINIGAME EVAR in any FF that I've played! :)

AND I just found out too that any card you mod, even if it's rare, you can get back on disk four from either the CC group or the Queen...I'm sure this has been common knowledge forever, but I just found out, so I've been modding and playing like crazy... I'm a completist, so I would never mod the rare card until just before Omega... and still I'd feel icky doing it... :(

Jessweeee♪
09-05-2008, 01:59 AM
I LOVE the Triple Triad song xDDD