PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead

Magixion
08-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Wow. I have been anticipating this game for awhile now and to actually see the gameplay, I want it more.

GameVideos - Left 4 Dead 'Games Con 08' trailer Video (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21114)

Is anyone else excited for this game at all? I mean... multiplayer co-op requiring everyone to rely on each other to survive. Sounds like a hell of a time.

Psychotic
08-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah, this game appeals to me too. Whether or not I get it depends how many of my friends get it, though, because if I played with randoms on Xbox Live, it would suck pretty hard.

Madame Adequate
08-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Meh, I'd rather have zombies.

Dreddz
08-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Due to my lack of interest in FPS's in general I looked past this game for a while but having now watched various videos of the game it does seem really interesting. It does seem to punish quite severely if you don't cooperate with one another which leads me to my first problem with the game.

Even the people I know personally who could possibly end up owning this game still ass about in almost every game I play with them. Its almost always every man for himself so I know we'll all end up dying very quickly. So no matter who I play with I don't think Ill be getting too far into the game. Still, I could always be that solo badass who busts into every room Rambo style and get through the game that way.

Vyk
08-26-2008, 08:08 PM
I liked this game the first time I saw a trailer for it. Though lost interest after the second trailer. Neither really explained what was going on. Now that I've heard about some of the mechanics of the game I'm a bit more interested. I love co-op. But usually co-op is just a bonus, not a requirement. A game designed to work together works for me. At the very least I'm seriously looking at this game

Magixion
08-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Indeed, I have been waiting for a game that is designed for co-op from the ground up. This might sound funny, but ever since I saw that lame video game movie Stay Alive, I have been wanting to play a survival horror game like that. I can tell you now, I will be playing the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif out of this game. If anyone wants to join up once it comes out as well, hit me up and we can get our co-op on!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-26-2008, 09:38 PM
this looks fun to play co op with :p

Moon Rabbits
08-26-2008, 10:49 PM
:hyper:

this is me shaking with excitement

Vyk
08-27-2008, 01:05 AM
If I do get this game, I'd be up for random matches, especially with EoFF peoples as most of them can be reasoned with. I don't see too many friends/acquaintances turning into the every man for themself douchebags Dreddz was talking about

At the very least you can count on me to not be them. In a co-op game I usually try to give my teammates an unfair advantage. Super power up? Take it. I'll just hang back and cover you while you decimate everything :]

Magixion
08-27-2008, 03:35 PM
I really think that this could turn into a good way for the EoFFers to get together and have a good bonding experience. I mean, after all, nothing makes for a more fun experience than blowing the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif out of zombies and making sure your buddy who has fallen behind doesn't die while he runs to catch up with the team with an army of undead chasing him. :D

Loony BoB
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Did anyone get this? We (Danielle & I) just got it the other day, yet to play it though.

Craig
01-12-2009, 06:16 PM
i got it along with a few other mates. good fun, especially towards the end of the levels when youre about to be rescued and the zombies really start pouring in.

theres one level with a boat and our plan was to stand on the end of the dock to sort of bottle neck the zombies which was working pretty well. when we had time 3 of us to get some supplies but as we were doing so the boat arrived.

we started to run back and as we did we were swarmed by zombies. i carried on running while my other friend went back for the one that had lagged behind and they both got left behind while the other 2 of us got on the boat.

twas quite funny later on at the pub my mate just kept going on about me leaving him behind.

only thing is though, there are 4 acts to go through and none of them are particularly long. plus theres not a lot of depth to the gameplay. while it can get pretty tense and fun, its a bit too simple and repetitive. oh and the zombies seem to go down like theyre made of paper.

so yeah basically good fun to play with 3 other mates but dont expect anything more than that

scrumpleberry
01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
I've seen other people play it :o Never tried it. It looks good fun.

escobert
01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I tried the demo and it was awesome. I want to get it soon.

Baloki
01-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Did anyone get this? We (Danielle & I) just got it the other day, yet to play it though.

You, me, Danielle and Psy working as a team? What do ya say old buddy?

Caraliz
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I tried the demo and it was awesome. I want to get it soon.
yes! I can't wait to get it & play. :D

kikimm
01-13-2009, 03:39 AM
My brother got this game when it first came out and I've been playing it a ton with them and my boyfriend. Not at the same time, though, of course, oh no. There are four characters in the game but only two of us can play at a time! >:O Total lameness. Anyways, besides that, and the fact that there are only four levels, the game is awesome. Going for different achievements too, if you're into that, can help with the repetitiveness of it.

So yeah, :up:

Craig
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
My brother got this game when it first came out and I've been playing it a ton with them and my boyfriend. Not at the same time, though, of course, oh no. There are four characters in the game but only two of us can play at a time! >:O Total lameness. Anyways, besides that, and the fact that there are only four levels, the game is awesome. Going for different achievements too, if you're into that, can help with the repetitiveness of it.

So yeah, :up:

i did enjoy going for the acheivements, but i thought to myself "games should have something to keep you there like unlockables n stuff, the acheivements should be an extra perk. the acheivements shouldnt be the only things to.. acheive"

kikimm
01-14-2009, 04:28 AM
Oh yeah, I agree about that. I'm reeeeally hoping that they come out with some good downloadable content soon. :| Unlockables would cool. =(

escobert
01-14-2009, 04:39 AM
They are saying the PC will probably have downloadable content but consoles may not.

kikimm
01-14-2009, 04:42 AM
Oh motherfucker

JKTrix
01-14-2009, 08:51 AM
An official announcement hasn't yet been made, but the DLC will be coming out simultaneously for the PC and the 360. Supposed to be adding new levels and other stuff. It's the upcoming patch that isn't guaranteed to be out so quick for the 360.

This is a co-operative multiplayer game. I personally wouldn't recommend it to someone who had no way to play with other people online, especially because of the limited content. Lots of fun online, I could keep playing this for a long time even with the few levels. The special AI feature makes the game a little different every time, so while the geography of the levels is always the same, the encounters get mixed up. And the whole thing is like playing a Zombie movie, so playing with friends online with voice chat can make for some hilarious conversation.

I like how the story is presented too. The built-in story is completely optional, but sometimes the best story is the story of how you and your team actually survived (or didn't survive) the campaign.

Craig
01-14-2009, 06:05 PM
An official announcement hasn't yet been made, but the DLC will be coming out simultaneously for the PC and the 360. Supposed to be adding new levels and other stuff. It's the upcoming patch that isn't guaranteed to be out so quick for the 360.

This is a co-operative multiplayer game. I personally wouldn't recommend it to someone who had no way to play with other people online, especially because of the limited content. Lots of fun online, I could keep playing this for a long time even with the few levels. The special AI feature makes the game a little different every time, so while the geography of the levels is always the same, the encounters get mixed up. And the whole thing is like playing a Zombie movie, so playing with friends online with voice chat can make for some hilarious conversation.

I like how the story is presented too. The built-in story is completely optional, but sometimes the best story is the story of how you and your team actually survived (or didn't survive) the campaign.

i love how you kind of get a story from all the writing on the walls in the safe rooms, some of it is really good fun to read

Depression Moon
01-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Looks all right to me.

VorpalCyberWolf
01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
I have it, if anyone ever wants to play let me know or add my Gamertag.

Realm25
01-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Getting it on Friday of this week. I'll be up for playing with any of you.

Realm25
01-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Well I've been playing it all weekend, and it's awesome. I wish it had more campaigns, but meh..hopefully that'll come with the DLC. The single player is boring, but the online really shines. Addicting.

Caraliz
01-27-2009, 12:29 AM
I loved playing on the 360 when I played, it must be super fun on the PC. I can't wait to play again! I did the first mission co op with someone sitting next to me actually playing 2nd player as opposed to the online option, though I'm sure that it's good too. :jess:

I hope steam has some more downloadable content later or some mods or something. I want this gameeee.

Fonzie
01-27-2009, 02:42 AM
I'm open for a game on certain days, so just PM me the details.

Highwind256
01-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I played this game at my friends house the day he got it and we played it for like 4 hrs straight it was so fun. I loved playing this game and was definitely impressed by it.