PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Loves Wiki! - Contestants Needed

Goldenboko
08-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Let's get right down to the nitty gritty shall we?

This is a competition that satisfy your inner desire to make unnecessary updates to the Wiki, for the future generations of EoFF. We will have rewards much in the same style of EoFF Does Vegas (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/118401-eoff-does-vegas-roll-credits.html), random stuff throughout the course of the thread, with a Custom Title for the overall winner :) Yes, yes now I know what your thinking, "GB you idiot just tell us how to compete". And I shall accommodate your demands. Everyone will have a score, the score cannot decrease, and is increased by making edits, new sections, etc., etc. to the Wiki. Now let's go over scoring.

Scoring

Making a new article in the Wiki, no matter what it is about (Let's say I add Laddy to the member's list), will get you .25 of a point.
Adding context to an article instantly gets you .25 of a point (adding context doesn't count unless you've added at least 15 words. If you haven't done at least that then you really haven't done anything.)
Quality scoring, see next section

To stop this from becoming a big spam fest where whoever makes the largest array of stupid edits to the Wiki takes home a gold medal there's going to be a quality control! No stinky rotten tomatoes shall get pass by this inspection :kaoangry:. A few judges shall be critiquing the edits you all make you see. Who shall be these judges? Why volunteers of course! Thats right, any of you who like critiquing the work of others because you're too lazy to do any of it yourself actually can participate. The judges shall go through a very easy process and your edit will end up with a "Quality Score". This score will then fit into a bracket for extra points.

If your score is...
0-3 : No extra point
3.1-6.9: .25 Points
7-9: .5 Points
9.1-10: .75 Points

If anyone wishes to find out more about judging PM me, or if you know you wish to judge already, just PM me or post here.

Now, just because I know you all are more interested in this then the Wiki fyi...

Prizes
Every four days of competition the Top 3 scorers of those four days will be eligible for a "Prize". Whether this be everyone picking Custom Titles for each other, or someone having the power to change a lesser score's avatar is not to be known be y'all. ;)

How to play For Dummies :jess:

Now, time to give you an example of how this will be played. Before making this thread, I made an edit to my page of the Wiki. To get credit for it, I made sure I put MY USERNAME as the Author. Then I copied a "before and after" to be posted in the thread. And highlighted what I changed.

Goldenboko... ...had a wedding in the works that'll take place sometime in December 2007, but split around the time of the New Year.

In Summer 2008 Goldenboko hosted a competition known as "EoFF Loves Wiki". Seeing as this edit has been made about future events, I really can't tell you more about it. Stay tuned ;)

This will make things easy for the judges, and me. Now if you did an edit of something that would make your post HUGE then you could edit the before down with "..." and then just put what you edited in the after segment, like I did.

Then, .25 would be added to my score and (we'll say the judges gave me a 4.2) .25 extra points for quality. Simple no?

Alright everyone, sign ups start now. You can sign up to play (although not to judge) even after the game starts, but then the rest of the contestants would have a head start ;p

Judges (Accepting 2-4)
1. Aerith's Knight
2. NeoCracker
3. Harle-Quin
4. f f freak

Contestants
Heath
Levian
qwertyxsora
Yaridovich

Heath
08-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Be good if someone could add Ciddies wins the profile or something. I might see about making a few additions when I have time, but I think it's a great idea if we can get the Wiki updated and with more info and content.

Might take part but I'm not sure if I'll have much time to do so.

Rye
08-26-2008, 08:34 PM
I would like to judge, if you would care to have me. :jess:

Btw, this is quite cool. We suffered a major Wiki update failure after Meat Puppet moved onto the farplane. ;o

NeoCracker
08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Meh, I'll join in as a Judge.

I don't have the care, nor do I pay enough attention to actually do the editing. :p

Goldenboko
08-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Be good if someone could add Ciddies wins the profile or something. I might see about making a few additions when I have time, but I think it's a great idea if we can get the Wiki updated and with more info and content.

Might take part but I'm not sure if I'll have much time to do so.
I'll add you to the list just in case xD

Btw, this is quite cool. We suffered a major Wiki update failure after Meat Puppet moved onto the farplane. ;o
Done...

Meh, I'll join in as a Judge.

I don't have the care, nor do I pay enough attention to actually do the editing. :p
And done.

Resha
08-26-2008, 08:51 PM

I MISS MY MEAT PUPPET! :kaocry2:

Aerith's Knight
08-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Hmmm, should I judge? Or would the fact that everyone hates me get in the way? xD

Quindiana Jones
08-26-2008, 08:55 PM
You can be the Simon Cowell.

What's the bets we end up with 50 judges and, like, 4 contestants? Lazy bums! xD

Goldenboko
08-26-2008, 08:58 PM
You can be the Simon Cowell.

What's the best we end up with 50 judges and, like, 4 contestants? Lazy bums! xD

Thats why I put a maximum on the Judges xD

I was actually worried no one would want to take that job xD

Yar
08-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Is libel permitted? If so, does good libel get bonus points?

Quindiana Jones
08-26-2008, 09:01 PM
If I think so, it does. :D

Goldenboko
08-26-2008, 09:01 PM
...What's libel? :(

f f freak
08-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Can I judge? If yes, sign me up for it and HA! at AK. If not, then I are sad.

Quindiana Jones
08-26-2008, 09:05 PM

Like slander, but in writing. :D

Goldenboko
08-26-2008, 09:06 PM
All judges spots filled in less then an hour :o

EDIT: And are you playing Yar-Yars?

Yar
08-26-2008, 09:07 PM

:gobofail: :(

Yeah, I think I am. I just have to think of some things to write. :love:

f f freak
08-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Yay! I get to Judge!

Aerith's Knight
08-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Can I judge? If yes, sign me up for it and HA! at AK. If not, then I are sad.

I would say that such a comment is pretty sad, but I will rise above and wish you fun at judging.

Rye
08-26-2008, 09:15 PM
On the second though, I think you should give AK my position! I thought it over and I really don't want to commit to something when I'm going to be busy starting my first two weeks of college, and if it lasts past then, when I'm spending my vacation with Huxley when he visits. I'm probably going to be off the computer way more than on, so I don't want to screw the competition over because I'm busy. I think he'd fill my shoes better because he'll be able to participate. :)

Aerith's Knight
08-26-2008, 10:00 PM
I always liked Rye.

Here, have a cookie. :cookie:

qwertysaur
08-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Why not? I'll be a contestant.:p

Goldenboko
08-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Addofied.

Breine
08-27-2008, 04:07 PM
This is an awesome idea, GB! I'd like to compete, but I don't really have the time these days because my travel is only 12 days away.

Also, maybe now someone will finally make a wiki article about me *hint hint* :monster:

Levian
08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
It sux that the All Recent Changes link doesn't work anymore, cause that's a nice way to check what's new. *hint hint* :monster:

oh and i'll be a contestant. I don't care about the contest though, I just want to update the wiki.

Goldenboko
08-27-2008, 05:16 PM
This is an awesome idea, GB! I'd like to compete, but I don't really have the time these days because my travel is only 12 days away.

Also, maybe now someone will finally make a wiki article about me *hint hint* :monster:

Everyone's too busy now that I've started this. Its September *almost* you're suppose to be settling down :weep:

It sux that the All Recent Changes link doesn't work anymore, cause that's a nice way to check what's new. *hint hint* :monster:

oh and i'll be a contestant. I don't care about the contest though, I just want to update the wiki.

All Recent Changes still works for me *hint hint*
Addinated.

bipper
08-27-2008, 06:07 PM
We have a Wiki? Is it contagious?

Dolentrean
08-27-2008, 06:09 PM
I made Ouch!'s Wiki just a bit ago, Therefore I should already win

Goldenboko
08-27-2008, 06:27 PM
We have a Wiki? Is it contagious?
Only if you feel the fever baby.

I made Ouch!'s Wiki just a bit ago, Therefore I should already win
Scoring doesn't start till I start the game ;) Is that secret Dolentrean lango for sign me up?

Levian
08-27-2008, 09:35 PM

All Recent Changes still works for me *hint hint*
Addinated.

Does it rly? According to that list, when was the wiki last updated?

Goldenboko
08-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh, that explains why the last change was made in June xD

Levian
08-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I've updated the wiki at least 3 times since then, so something is definitely up.

Quindiana Jones
09-03-2008, 01:17 PM
More contestants, please. :bigsmile:

Goldenboko
09-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Well, this is fail.

I'll probably ask someone to take this down soon ;-;

Dolentrean
09-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I still say that I should win this by default.