PDA

View Full Version : CAD programs

rubah
08-26-2008, 09:29 PM
I know AutoCAD doesn't have a mac version or OSS, but are there any other programs that do?

my CAD instructors said he's not particular about which version we use, so I just wanted to see if I could find one before I condemn myself to a semester in the MEEG computer lab. (at christmas I might get a certain upgrade as a birthday present, and that would include bootcamp so I could install windows~~~~~~~~ but I have classes to do between now and then so 8))

Balzac
08-27-2008, 02:28 AM
This is by far your best bet for CAD on the mac.

Welcome to ilexsoft: modern CAD software for Mac (http://www.ilexsoft.com/)

Also, depending on what you're using it for, Sketchup Pro may be worth a look into.

Værn
09-05-2008, 05:18 AM
I'd say Rhinoceros, but it isn't Mac-compatible yet. They're saying that they still have several months of work left, because developing for Macs is completely different from developing for Windows. They need to completely remake several of the major portions of the programs.

Balzac
09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I'd say Rhinoceros, but it isn't Mac-compatible yet. They're saying that they still have several months of work left, because developing for Macs is completely different from developing for Windows. They need to completely remake several of the major portions of the programs.

They've been saying that for a good few years now.

bipper
09-08-2008, 09:09 PM

They've been saying that for a good few years now.

And it is a lie. Proper planning and and MVC approach to their software would have all but eliminated any major overhauls with pc to mac software. Companies that take years to port, I tend not to trust XD

They are the same enough anymore.