PDA

View Full Version : Card Mod

Carl the Llama
08-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Ok so im wondering, if a card mod say for instance a quistis card, will it be gone from the game forever? or can I get it back again from someone?

BG-57
08-26-2008, 11:47 PM
I've heard you can win replacements for unique cards from the Card Queen on Disc 4, but I've never tried it.

Carl the Llama
08-27-2008, 12:16 AM
disk 4? :/ iv only just started the game lol also I have another q, is there any condition you have to meet to get the Zell card? iv been playing Mrs Dincht 30+ times in a row now (and have a huge array of her cards) but she seems very reluctant to use her trump card, if it makes any difference iv got zell in my party and am about to head out to Timber.

Comet
08-27-2008, 12:19 AM
That's too early to get the Zell card. What's the rush anyway? By the way, if you convert character/GF/boss cards, you can get them all back in disc 4 from the CC group.

Carl the Llama
08-27-2008, 12:41 AM
too early? im sure iv had it off her before at this point, and there is no rush I just love playing TT, best FF side game IMO.

That and I HATE haveing to draw magic... so much easyer with card mod to get magic, for instance I have 100 tornado's on all my 3 playing characters, and had 100 on squall before I even took the seed exam.

Comet
08-27-2008, 07:50 PM
No, it's too early. If you don't believe me keep playing her.

Takero
08-27-2008, 09:05 PM
I think Zell must be in your party or she won't use Zell's card .

cloud21zidane16
08-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Zell must be in the party, meaning you cant do it until on your way to Dollet.

Carl the Llama
08-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Untill im on my way to Dollet? I passed that point ages ago lol, I was playing against her when I was on my way to timber to meet Rinoa.

Ouch!
08-28-2008, 12:29 AM
I've heard you can win replacements for unique cards from the Card Queen on Disc 4, but I've never tried it.
Not just the Card Queen, any of the CC group members aboard the Ragnarok. I played against Diamond (I think that was who it was) in the cargo hold. Rare modded cards appear in their decks, and it usually doesn't take long for them to surface.

Hyperion4444
08-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Always use your best cards, in the same order. (For some reason, this never failed me if I'm winning against that Rare Card weilding person)
You can't play cards with Zell's mom until you are leaving for Timber.
Sometimes it only takes two games, other times it takes 20.

Word of advise:
After you got the Ifrit Card and finished the Dollet mission, challenge the running kid for the Minimog Card in the Garden.

Then the Black guy in the cafeteria in Garden for the Quistis Card.

Challenge Diablo when you first have him while having Siren learned Life Refine Magic to collect Curaga from Tents. Have Ifrit and Thunder Bird learning HP-J. (It'll just be easyer, have Fire/Ice/Thunder Refine Magic helps to cast powerful spells)
Once defeated, you get the Diablo Card.

Go back to the 3rd floor of the Garden, challenge head-master Cid for the Seifer Card and Collect a battle meter if you didn't get it when you became a SeeD (After Squall, Zell, Selphie and Nina got promoted as SeeDs, talk to H-M Cid.)

Zell, Angelo

Carl the Llama
08-28-2008, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the tips... but I already have all those cards you mentioned, and I dont use Curaga for my HP junction, I use Holy (drawn from a level 30+ Diablos).

Getting the Quistis card was cake walk and I got it before I got Diablos... infact It was in my deck before I even went to do the seed exam.

The trick is to play the gate keeper and harvest Abyss Worm cards so you can change them into and item which refines into 20 Tornado's, Snow Lions for Blizaga and 10 Ruby Dragons for the Red fang (or somthing like that) which refines into 20 flares, all of which can be done before you leave for the seed mission enableing you to kill the mech spider as many times as you like getting 50AP each time you do.