PDA

View Full Version : Oh.. Well doesn't that just stink

Avarice-ness
08-27-2008, 02:11 AM
So I found out what my lovely cell phone bill will be!

1,016.84$! =D! >=/

When I went to get my husbands phone added to my plan and what not, I told the Cingular guy to take unlimited texting off. Well, when I gave Bruce the phone, I checked on the phone internets to see what our plan was and according to that it says (and still says to this date) that we have unlimited. So as most people would assume, we still have unlimited.

I'm hoping to god that our paper bill comes in and says it's unlimited but then shows charges for the texts so I can fight it because, damn that's lots of money.
I do accept that if it doesn't say unlimited and we got charged, that's our own fault for believing a clearly not updated plan thingy on the internets.

So, what has happened to you recently to make you just go "Man.. that just sucks"? Or "Man.. I knew it. =/" in a not so happy way?
Did you have this feeling that you would fail a test and then really hope you'd pass it then find out you failed?
Talk about times like these! Everyone has one!

Fonzie
08-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Why didn't you ask/call Cingular to fix the problem before it got out of hand? :p

Avarice-ness
08-27-2008, 02:17 AM
Why didn't you ask/call Cingular to fix the problem before it got out of hand? :p

Because the phones in my dad's name and every time I've tried to do anything with it they tell me I'm not the owner of the phone and the plan owners gotta do the junk. e e;

My dad's to freaking lazy and blames the fact he's in another country for the reasons why he can't call them.
I've accepted the fact that my husband and I prolly screwed up though, I'm just hoping that maybe some good will come out of it. I'm such the optimist. =x

Jessweeee♪
08-27-2008, 02:22 AM
The Lyncher winning Mafia X :mad2:

Fonzie
08-27-2008, 02:25 AM

Because the phones in my dad's name and every time I've tried to do anything with it they tell me I'm not the owner of the phone and the plan owners gotta do the junk. e e;

My dad's to freaking lazy and blames the fact he's in another country for the reasons why he can't call them.
I've accepted the fact that my husband and I prolly screwed up though, I'm just hoping that maybe some good will come out of it. I'm such the optimist. =x

Wow, you must text nonstop. :lol:

Vyk
08-27-2008, 03:00 AM
I knew this chick had no interest in me as a person and was just using me for attention but I gave her the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove me wrong

We all know how those stories end though

DMKA
08-27-2008, 03:04 AM
That stupid whiner with the vocal cord accident getting voted back on to America's Got Talent.

Bunny
08-27-2008, 03:57 AM
$1k for a bunch of texts?

Remind me to avoid using Cingular.

DMKA
08-27-2008, 04:52 AM

Eh, that would go for any company really. If you don't have some form of a text plan, and you're getting charged for each text message individually (both the ones you send and receive, keep in mind, and is about $.15-$.30 each now with most companies), it adds up pretty effing quick.

I mean, that'd be like getting charged for each message you send and receive over msn/aim/yahoo. It wouldn't be hard at all to rack up $1000 with that. In my case anyway.

Jiro
08-27-2008, 04:58 AM
Well, the current situation with my girlfriend makes me say "Man, this really sucks". Her dad hates me for some stupid reason, and I think it'll destroy our relationship

Ko Ko
08-27-2008, 05:20 AM
Jerks at cingular. I had an 800$ and 600$ two months in succession.

Avarice-ness
08-27-2008, 06:03 AM

Eh, that would go for any company really. If you don't have some form of a text plan, and you're getting charged for each text message individually (both the ones you send and receive, keep in mind, and is about $.15-$.30 each now with most companies), it adds up pretty effing quick.

I mean, that'd be like getting charged for each message you send and receive over msn/aim/yahoo. It wouldn't be hard at all to rack up $1000 with that. In my case anyway.

Apparently this is exactly what happened, because when I told him the bill was so high and what not his first reaction was "I used MSN - a lot -" not only that but he said he'd clear out at least 400 texts from me a week.

Miriel
08-27-2008, 06:18 AM
I got a ticket ON MY BIRTHDAY for going 80 on a fairly deserted road out in the middle of nowhere.

Such http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif because I honestly don't think I was going all that fast. If I was on a regular highway in the city, or in a residential area? Sure. But who doesn't at least go 80 on a wide open road in the desert that has very little cars on it in the first place? Plus, I requested that my ticket be transferred to my local court, in case I wanted to fight it, but the Officer refused. And I'm pretty sure that Officers are legally required to make the change if a driver requests it, but he refused to change the court venue making it so that if I wanted to fight the ticket, I would have to drive 3 hours out of town to do so. And it was my birthday. What kind of bastard of a cop gives a ticket to someone on their birthday?! Plus he was mean and rude. :mad2:

Vyk
08-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Kinda crazy. I really think there should be a limit on how much they can charge. Its what, 20 bucks for unlimited text? How much can they possibly be losing if they don't go ape http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif on charging you? Had you paid the 20 bucks you'd be charged... 20 bucks. Not paying it, you should be charged... 30? I mean seriously I know the rules but if you'd paid 20 and sent that many texts they wouldn't have a fit. Not buying unlimited, what's their justification? Its a stress on the network? Yeah freaking right. Its all the same. Just different packaging

Too many cell phone companies get away with charging hundreds of dollars unjustifiably. Overages are one thing, but they act like its their only source of profit and are seriously over profiteering on it

Avarice-ness
08-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Kinda crazy. I really think there should be a limit on how much they can charge. Its what, 20 bucks for unlimited text? How much can they possibly be losing if they don't go ape http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif on charging you? Had you paid the 20 bucks you'd be charged... 20 bucks. Not paying it, you should be charged... 30? I mean seriously I know the rules but if you'd paid 20 and sent that many texts they wouldn't have a fit. Not buying unlimited, what's their justification? Its a stress on the network? Yeah freaking right. Its all the same. Just different packaging

Too many cell phone companies get away with charging hundreds of dollars unjustifiably. Overages are one thing, but they act like its their only source of profit and are seriously over profiteering on it

Oh it gets even better. When I originally got his phone I said I wanted to move over to a family plan, come to find out -I- have an individual plan and HE has a family plan, and -I- have unlimited messaging and he does not. So not only did we get screwed from the messaging but we have two different plans, and not only that, but the plan he has is more expensive and the only person he talks to on his phone is me! So instead of having the nice family talk plan of like 59.99+ tax for two phones, we get 39.99$ (plus unlimited messaging but I took that off) + 19.99$ for my phone AND 50.00$ for his phone. I don't know if retarded people work over there, but WHY WOULD YOU WANT ONLY -ONE- PHONE COVERED BY A FAMILY PLAN?! One phone on a family plan is just a more expensive individual plan. Honestly, jesus christ.

Vyk
08-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Yeah.... that one you should get reimbursed for. I dunno how it works for their service but on Verizon there's a primary phone and the other phones share the plan of that phone. So that mistake can't happen

One of you would have an account. And both phones would be under that account. One number being the primary. The other being activated off that. Have to give them texting individually. But at least the plan rate doesn't suffer any wonky retardedness

Avarice-ness
08-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Yeah.... that one you should get reimbursed for. I dunno how it works for their service but on Verizon there's a primary phone and the other phones share the plan of that phone. So that mistake can't happen

One of you would have an account. And both phones would be under that account. One number being the primary. The other being activated off that. Have to give them texting individually. But at least the plan rate doesn't suffer any wonky retardedness

Yeah see, with cingular it just says there's two phones on the account. It doesn't say primary or anything like that, I can log into the account using his number and info and mess with things on MY phone even though MY phone is technically the "primary" one.

I understand having like 2 phones under one joined-account if this were like a business account and something, for the family talk, it says "Number of phones in Group: 1" because.. the only phone covered by the family plan share thing is his phone. I'd think that they really should have caught that when they were putting the plan together because it should say "2".

I think I'd be happier if the bill was still 1000$ and it was because that I forgot to add the texting to his, but when I find out that we're on two completely seperate plans and we're paying 10+ bucks more for a plan that we can't even take full advantage of because there's no other phone to share the minutes and such with.. that's what really got to me.

Captain Maxx Power
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
How in the buggering hell are you people building up so many charges? Let me do some basic math;

Each text sent costs approximately $0.15 to £$0.30 according to DMKA. We'll average that to about $0.25 for the sake of argument. To achieve a bill of $1,016.84, you would need to send around about 4067 texts in total. Assuming that each text may take around about 30 seconds to a minute to write out (and that's my being generous), that's over 183015 seconds per month being spent texting. In a slightly less crit-inducing format that's around about 50 hours straight, or two consecutive days a month, spent doing nothing else but texting.

I mean what the HELL man?

DMKA
08-27-2008, 01:22 PM
How in the buggering hell are you people building up so many charges? Let me do some basic math;

Each text sent costs approximately $0.15 to £$0.30 according to DMKA. We'll average that to about $0.25 for the sake of argument. To achieve a bill of $1,016.84, you would need to send around about 4067 texts in total. Assuming that each text may take around about 30 seconds to a minute to write out (and that's my being generous), that's over 183015 seconds per month being spent texting. In a slightly less crit-inducing format that's around about 50 hours straight, or two consecutive days a month, spent doing nothing else but texting.

I used to work for T-Mobile and there'd be angry mothers calling in because their fifteen year old daughter sent 10,000+ text messages and they had no text message package. Trust me, it's really not that hard to do. You also have to keep in mind that it's received as well as sent that you get charged for.

Luckily with T-Mobile, if your billing cycle hasn't ended, you can just add on the bundle and they'll retrodate it at that point so it's all covered. I don't believe AT&T/Cingular will do that, and I know my carrier (US Cellular) won't.

Momiji
08-27-2008, 01:41 PM

I used to work for T-Mobile and there'd be angry mothers calling in because their fifteen year old daughter sent 10,000+ text messages and they had no text message package. Trust me, it's really not that hard to do. You also have to keep in mind that it's received as well as sent that you get charged for.

That's easily summed up by:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/Bffjill.jpg

Aerith's Knight
08-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Holy bat sh!t, how did you get a phone bill for 1000 bucks? Forgot to turn off the phone after a sex line? 0_o

Blue Harvest
08-27-2008, 02:59 PM
If I got a bill that huge I'd never be able to pay it. I can just about afford £35-£50 a month.

Loony BoB
08-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Prepay phones ftw.

Vyk
08-27-2008, 08:37 PM

Yeah so its actually only about 2,000 texts per person. If they each continually reply to each other. And they estimated about 400 a week? So that'd be 800 counting replies. That'd take about 2 and a half weeks at that rate. Which is probably how it happened. Fifty hours isn't hard to spread out over the course of three weeks

Avarice-ness
08-27-2008, 09:38 PM

Yeah so its actually only about 2,000 texts per person. If they each continually reply to each other. And they estimated about 400 a week? So that'd be 800 counting replies. That'd take about 2 and a half weeks at that rate. Which is probably how it happened. Fifty hours isn't hard to spread out over the course of three weeks

Yep! The texting itself was 829.85$. The rest of the bill is actual phone plans and taxes and stuff. (Wisconsin state surcharge 44$? EVIL!)

Texts Incoming: 2,263 at .20 each = 452.60
Texts Outgoing: 1,179 at .20 each = 355.80
Multimedia messaging (in and outgoing): 49 at .30 each = 14.70
Internet pay as you go: 675KB at .01perKB = 6.75

Serious business right there. e e

Zeldy
08-27-2008, 09:39 PM
I don't understand how people can text/ring so much. Back in the days when I had a phone (it got lost on a drunken night out) I only ever had 9p on it and that seemed to do me fine. I'm now back to being phone-less, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I have better things to spend my money on.

Lukren
08-27-2008, 09:54 PM
So I found out what my lovely cell phone bill will be!

1,016.84$! =D! >=/

When I went to get my husbands phone added to my plan and what not, I told the Cingular guy to take unlimited texting off. Well, when I gave Bruce the phone, I checked on the phone internets to see what our plan was and according to that it says (and still says to this date) that we have unlimited. So as most people would assume, we still have unlimited.

I'm hoping to god that our paper bill comes in and says it's unlimited but then shows charges for the texts so I can fight it because, damn that's lots of money.
I do accept that if it doesn't say unlimited and we got charged, that's our own fault for believing a clearly not updated plan thingy on the internets.

So, what has happened to you recently to make you just go "Man.. that just sucks"? Or "Man.. I knew it. =/" in a not so happy way?
Did you have this feeling that you would fail a test and then really hope you'd pass it then find out you failed?
Talk about times like these! Everyone has one!
So I'm guessing you text alot or something? Seriously thats alota monay.

Vyk
08-27-2008, 10:01 PM
It happens more in relationships than anything. I'm a textaholic but I only have like .... one person I text anymore, and he has the same carrier so he's free. But the times that I was in a relationship with other textaholics, I could easily blow thousands of texts a month. Especially if they had textaholic friends. People that care about each other like to keep in touch. And texting is easier than talking half the time, especially for randomness, 'cause its less invasive. You can read it and reply at your leisure if you're doing something

Avarice-ness
08-27-2008, 10:54 PM
It happens more in relationships than anything. I'm a textaholic but I only have like .... one person I text anymore, and he has the same carrier so he's free. But the times that I was in a relationship with other textaholics, I could easily blow thousands of texts a month. Especially if they had textaholic friends. People that care about each other like to keep in touch. And texting is easier than talking half the time, especially for randomness, 'cause its less invasive. You can read it and reply at your leisure if you're doing something

xD Yep. My husband doesn't always get the chance to call because he's at school in the army so for the most part he gets away with Texting. Sometimes he'd text me after PT (at like 4am) just to say he loves me even if I'm not awake, so yeah texting goes fast. Saddly though, Cingular doesn't have the whole mobile to mobile texting deal, only mobile to mobile calling.