PDA

View Full Version : Dead Fantasy III is on its way!

Cyric
08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
If by some odd chance you HAVEN'T seen the first two installments of this pinnacle of Fan Art...

Dead Fantasy I (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26451.html)

Dead Fantasy II (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32365.html)

(click the pic)
http://sp6.fotologs.net/photo/38/39/28/basch_ronsenberg/1210596590_f.jpg (http://deadboywalking.wordpress.com/2008/05/26/dead-fantasy-iii-the-poster/)

Plus some images of Rikku and Ayane in some new dress attire...
..:: Anime Baka ::..: Dead Fantasy 3 Rikku SneakPeek (http://anime-baka.blogspot.com/2008/08/dead-fantasy-3-rikku-sneakpeek.html)

Elskidor
08-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Never seen those before, but they really suck you into a dazed trance. I thought this was going to be something like Final Fantasy Fighting (Another fan made series), but this is also very unique and amazing.

Moon Rabbits
08-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Pretty good. Really good art (for something fan made?).

Vyk
08-28-2008, 01:40 AM
Seen the first one ages ago and waited patiently for the second. Too much craziness in the second. But for straight up badass fighting, in something fanmade. They're hard to beat. I've heard a rumor that because this dude excelled at manipulating game data like this so well, he landed a job at Midway. Personally I think his talent in direction and choreography could take him farther than that, but its a start

DMKA
08-28-2008, 05:04 AM
The second one was pretty lame for including Kairi. It was awesome up to that point though, especially Rinoa's appearance.

Markus. D
08-28-2008, 05:50 AM
Yay`

Badge
08-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Dead Fantasy Ftw! Have you sen Haloid?

Roogle
08-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Sounds like Dead Fantasy III will come out sometime next year.

The steadiness and popularity of the series will surely catch the attention of Square Enix. I wonder if we will see a game or official video inspired by this series to capitalize on the existing fanbase, or maybe the creator will be contacted or contracted by Square Enix itself?

Nifleheim7
08-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I was always very curious to know Squarenix's or Temco's (unofficial) opinion about it.

Vyk
08-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Squeenix has been odd about fanmade works. They had the Chrono Trigger game cancelled, yet they allow 8-bit Theater to live

Tecmo I imagine is friendly to fanwork. Only thing I've ever heard them get a little testy about was the Dreamcast memory card hack for taking off the clothes of the characters

Roto13
08-28-2008, 09:50 PM
There's a big difference between writing a webcomic and completely remaking a game from the ground up. :P

Vyk
08-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Yeah but I always thought the legality issues were only a problem if a profit was being made. And I'm sure Brian Clevenger is a lot more financially set than the freelance coders for the game. I don't think they had any intention of selling it, were they?

DMKA
08-29-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm guessing the "Ninja" in the title is hinting at Yuffie? :3

Madame Adequate
08-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah but I always thought the legality issues were only a problem if a profit was being made. And I'm sure Brian Clevenger is a lot more financially set than the freelance coders for the game. I don't think they had any intention of selling it, were they?

8-bit Theater wouldn't hurt sales of this (http://na.square-enix.com/ctds/). Even if others didn't make a profit, reducing desire to purchase = nono.

Masamunemaster
08-29-2008, 01:25 AM
OFMG I CANT WAIT

Ouch!
08-29-2008, 05:11 AM
Apparently SE is taking over Tecmo. WILD AND BASELESS SPECULATION GO.

Big D
08-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Sounds like Dead Fantasy III will come out sometime next year.

The steadiness and popularity of the series will surely catch the attention of Square Enix. I wonder if we will see a game or official video inspired by this series to capitalize on the existing fanbase, or maybe the creator will be contacted or contracted by Square Enix itself?The creator works for Namco at present, so at least his talents are being put to good use:D

I'm looking forward to the next one, the previous two were both extremely well done.

Not so much looking forward to the inevitable whining from the DoA diehards who get upset every time one of their characters gets hit, though. But thankfully the wanky drama is wholly avoidable.

Vyk
08-29-2008, 06:10 AM
Oh sweet. He did move on from Midway. Good. Namco can make better use of him. Though honestly Midway probably does need him more xD Maybe they could make a good MK game again

DrDeath in Despair
09-01-2008, 03:47 PM
That's nice.

rubah
10-01-2008, 06:41 AM
oh my gosh, I finally watched the second one and maybe I'm biased, but rinoa's appearance was the most perfect thing ever.

Cyric
10-01-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm guessing the "Ninja" in the title is hinting at Yuffie? :3

If Yuffie does make an appearance, I guess that means Rikku dies...:cry:

oh my gosh, I finally watched the second one and maybe I'm biased, but rinoa's appearance was the most perfect thing ever.

I certainly got chills the first time too. :cool:

TyphoonThaReapa
10-02-2008, 04:34 AM
I've already seen both and man Rinoa is THE BEST!!! :cool:

Deth
06-15-2009, 02:11 AM
I've seen previews of III, IV, and V... And I'm not looking forward to Tifa's fate thus far... =/

black orb
06-15-2009, 03:02 AM
Squeenix has been odd about fanmade works. They had the Chrono Trigger game cancelled, yet they allow 8-bit Theater to live

>>> I was really looking forward to that CT fan-remake, it was an awesome project.
8-bit is just a webcomic, Squarenix cant be bothered by that..

Big D
07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
It's finally on. (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dead-fantasy-monty-oum/52656) Well... actually it's been up for a week now, I just didn't notice until a while ago. Taking a damn long time to buffer though...

JKTrix
07-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Monty Oum Video Game, Dead Fantasy IV HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dead-fantasy-monty-oum/52836)

Note: 4. 5 will be there next week.

Magixion
07-22-2009, 01:18 AM

>>> I was really looking forward to that CT fan-remake, it was an awesome project.
8-bit is just a webcomic, Squarenix cant be bothered by that..

Check out crimson echoes on youtube... they posted the entire play through of the version right before they got the C&D. It's good stuff.

Anyways back on topic. About to watch this when I get home. I loved the first two! :)

Vyk
07-22-2009, 01:44 AM
4's up now too? I knew the 3 were done simultaneously. Glad he's not waiting a really long time between official releases. 'Cause they're all more cliff hanger'y than the previous two

*Goes off to download*

Magixion
07-22-2009, 02:02 AM
Dailymotion - Dead Fantasy V - une vidéo Art et Création (http://www.dailymotion.com/user/Dehorvie/video/x9ff76_dead-fantasy-v_creation)

Hah, found 5. I guess he showed it at some Anime expo and somebody recorded it. Not the best quality, seeing as how you can hear the crowd and what not.

EDIT: Can't say I like how it ends much...

TyphoonThaReapa
07-22-2009, 02:49 AM
Man, why'd he put Cloud in this? It should have stayed all girls man. It's still good but losing it's steam and fast...

Vyk
07-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Those camcorder shots have been around for a while. So I've known what happens. But its nice to watch without fans yelling, and having good quality. I think Cloud was appropriate considering Tifa basically took the thing over. Which is also fitting considering she's one of the few hand to hand fighters that could be put in this, which is more fitting against DOA members

I don't think Kairi or that axe wielding amazon were good choices though. Undecided on Rinoa, but considering they're fighting each other eventually, that whole mess could rectify itself

Big D
07-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Part III was a little disappointing, for me. The action was much less original or innovative compared to the previous two, and the introduction of actual gore and suffering wasn't a pleasing turn.

IV was a great return to form, though - using the Aeons was a neat idea, and the animation on that flower field was fantastic. It'll be interesting to see how the story unfolds, now that there apparently is one.

Vyk
07-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah I really didn't appreciate the introduction of blood and suffering considering the dude stated earlier in the project that it was all just for fun and pointed out that you can see them smile at each other from time to time during the fights. That is apparently not the direction he's taking anymore. Don't know how I feel about them fighting to the death. But we'll see

McLovin'
07-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Introducing the gore implemented the ever so popular "OHHH" from people every time someones hit.

Part V had some hardcore gore right there. Poor Tifa. Had a sword through her arm and arrows in all the good bits.

Rocket Edge
07-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Am I seeing things, or does this thread have 21,066 views?

Vyk
07-23-2009, 03:22 AM
People like Dead Fantasy. They just don't talk about it

First rule of Dead Fantasy: You don't talk about Dead Fantasy

Second rule of Dead Fantasy: You don't talk about Dead Fantasy

You just look

At other people talking about Dead Fantasy

Big D
07-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Am I seeing things, or does this thread have 21,066 views?Yup. Probably people searching for the video via their favourite search engines...

Vyk
07-29-2009, 02:26 AM
Just to let everyone know, #5 was released today. Not available in HD for anything my 360 supports. So someday I'll have to download and convert the damn quicktime file. So that sucks. But meh. At least its there. And almost twice as long as from the preview so that's cool. Not sure I approve of some of the choices still. But its an awesome concept regardless

McLovin'
07-29-2009, 03:40 AM
Tifa is definitely undead.

I understand how Tifa feels, I'd rather walk off a cliff than hang out with Cloud too.

Skyblade
07-29-2009, 03:55 AM
I'm getting a little annoyed by the endless mobs of nobody villains against our FF heroes, especially since these swarms seem to be winning. Monty must not like FF much.

Big D
07-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Monty must not like FF much.He only liked it enough to spend hundred of hours creating high-detail FMV clips, which real attention to detail in the moves, special abilities and magic spells...

It'd be a damn boring series if it was always the FF lasses on top of the fight. You've gotta expect a turnaround or two.

TyphoonThaReapa
07-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah, that's obvious enough that a good fight is almost never a one sided fight. And you guys took the words out of my mouth. Gore wasn't too good for this actually. Well, I guess we just keep watching and see what happens...:roll2

Skyblade
07-29-2009, 07:51 PM
It'd be a damn boring series if it was always the FF lasses on top of the fight. You've gotta expect a turnaround or two.

Three new movies, and FF barely scrapes by in all of them. Tifa loses in the first one, Yuna loses in the second, and Tifa loses again in the third. I don't expect them to "always" be on top, but I expect them to win at some point. And I certainly don't expect them to lose to thousands of boring non-entities.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-29-2009, 08:21 PM
As far as I can tell the gore was used on Tifa to show that she was beaten the heck up. 'Twas sad but I wonder what this twist is about. I am thinking the whole feather thing is hinting at Rinoa's hand in the whole thing. As far as I can tell she is the only one using heavy magic, quite possibly the one who sent Tifa away in the first time.

Also, Yuna turning into High Summoner Yuna for a bit was awesome. SHIVA WAS RIDING IXION! Was a really cool scene.