PDA

View Full Version : Rome:Total War

nik0tine
08-28-2008, 04:59 AM
So, for those of you who have played this game, what is your opinion of it? Personally, I have never been more impressed with a game in my entire life with the sole exception of when I first saw Half-Life 2's physics system. It is certainly the highest quality game I have ever seen and it is hands down the best strategy game I have ever played. It is also the longest game I have played. I'll even go as far as to say it may be one of the greatest games ever made. Aside from from naval combat and it's website Rome:Total War seems to sacrifice nothing at all. For those of you who have not played this game I highly recommend you buy it.

For some reason I cannot play this game online but if anyone would like to play with me in multiplayer via LAN simulator I would be ecstatic!

Vyk
08-28-2008, 05:15 AM
I always confuse the titles of this game with Spartan: Total Warrior. Now I gotta go look it up to remember what it was exactly lol

Psychotic
08-28-2008, 05:25 AM
It's fantastic. It doesn't run on my PC so I have to play it on my brother's when I want to play it. Perhaps my favourite moment was when I recreated 300, and had a bunch of elite Hoplites face off against countless hordes while defending a small bridge, including numerous archers and elephants. We won. :)

Vivisteiner
08-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I was super excited for its release, years ago when it came out. When I got it, I enjoyed it, but I was a bit rubbish at it. I guess I was frustrated at how slow it takes to complete the game (at least, for me). But its very well designed. Its just, on hard level its so hard to keep your villagers from revolting.

Moon Rabbits
08-28-2008, 10:58 PM
I downloaded this game on a whim. I enjoy it muchly, although the load times are killing me :(

I would gladly play online ... just once I get a better grasp on the gameplay and maybe lower my graphics settings by ... er... alot.

Madame Adequate
08-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Yeah RTW is pretty amazing.

Captain Maxx Power
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
The Total War series is just fantastic. The vast majority of strategy games almost always consist of some variation of a zerg rush. Be it rushing to capture strategic points to gain resources (Dawn of War) or gathering them up fast enough (Starcraft), most of the time if you're fast enough clicking you can win. Total War isn't like that at all; it actually requires skill to beat. As I've done loads of times, if you do things right you can beat hordes of enemies with just a handful of troops. It actually puts strategy into the RTS genre.

McLovin'
08-29-2008, 02:47 PM
The single player stuff is also pretty fun.

Taking over the world is fun n stuff, gotta love the epic battles.

Hazzard
08-29-2008, 11:01 PM
It's a excellent game, although I haven't physically played it before I watched my brother conquer with his selected roman family. It's very entertaining, and I love the idea of how you can continue a legacy of your faction leader, and make them heroic warriors as well. It opens up my imagination a lot as well.

I Don't Need A Name
08-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Absolutley awesome game. love everything about it (other than now that ive played Medieval TW, the graphics look bad, and some of the elements in it are dated).
I cant wait for Empire TW! naval battles ftw