PDA

View Full Version : Would you eat a human?

Moon Rabbits
08-28-2008, 06:12 AM
The panda thread reminded me of a question one of my friends posed a few weeks ago. Basically, he asked me if I would eat human meat if it were cooked and prepared and the person had died of natural causes and had no qualms with their remains being eaten. The only response I could come up with was only if my life depended on it, but more than one person in the room replied that they would indeed eat human meat just for the experience.

How about you?

[/morbid]

Momiji
08-28-2008, 06:14 AM
I'll admit I'm somewhat curious, but I'm not a morbid disgusting bastard either. :monster:

Vote: Undecided

Yar
08-28-2008, 06:14 AM
Umm... no. I think people are disgusting.

Moon Rabbits
08-28-2008, 06:15 AM
I'll admit I'm somewhat curious, but I'm not a morbid disgusting bastard either. :monster:

Yeah, a surprising amount of people whom I've asked this question said they'd do it out of pure curiosity.

Avarice-ness
08-28-2008, 06:18 AM
I dunno.

Yes if I was starving and had nothing else to eat.

If it was on like a menu at some weird restaurant, I'd prolly try to convince other's to want to eat it first because then if they tried it, I'd try it and I wouldn't look like the freak.

Bunny
08-28-2008, 06:19 AM
If the person lived a completely healthy life and there was absolutely no danger in doing so, yes, I would consume human meat.

Shlup
08-28-2008, 06:27 AM
No. I hear they're stringy.

Yamaneko
08-28-2008, 06:42 AM
Eating any animal the ingests meat as part of its diet is pretty disgusting.

Vermachtnis
08-28-2008, 06:46 AM
I doubt it. I mean before we invented stuff the only reason we survived is probably because we tasted bad.

Ko Ko
08-28-2008, 06:54 AM
I was the only one who clicked yes?????

Now I feel trashy. It really wouldn't bother me. I've eaten everything else.

Rengori
08-28-2008, 07:12 AM
I clicked yes so Koko would feel trashy with me. :D

And if I didn't know them and they died of natural causes, then yeah, maybe.

But I think human would be kinda stringy...

Rantz
08-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Hypothetical question is too hypothetical! :(

Jiro
08-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah, maybe. If I knew I wouldn't die from it myself. I don't think it would taste too good, but the thought would make me vomit anyway. A wasted exercise, but maybe one day...

Blue Harvest
08-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Nuh uh nope never. Cannibalism doesn't fly with me.

Parker
08-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I think in Transmetropolitan (a graphic novel set in the future) there's a billboard advertising cloned human meat. I guess if there was a time where humans were being cloned just for meat I would try it.

Breine
08-28-2008, 11:07 AM
If my life really, really, really depended on it and there was nothing else to eat I'd probably do it. Otherwise, nothankyou!

DMKA
08-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Yes. People are delicious.

Quindiana Jones
08-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Well, not a whole one.

crono_logical
08-29-2008, 12:33 AM
I'll stick to gingerbread men :p

Bastian
08-30-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm vegi. so no. not even if my life depended on it. :)

This reminds me of a horrible new story. On the Greyhound in the middle of the night in rural Canada a guy randomly attacked another passenger (unprovoked) and stabbed him several times. Everyone fled the bus and when police came on the sceen they witnessed the guy hacking off pieces of the victim's body and eating them. :/

ReloadPsi
08-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Depends on what kinda diseases one might get from doing so, but probably.

Madame Adequate
08-30-2008, 06:28 PM
If I was desperate and they were dead anyway, yes. Otherwise nope.

rubah
08-30-2008, 06:36 PM
I felt really guilty after I ate duck, so I think that I probably wouldn't eat a person x.x;;;;;

(or maybe I just felt guilty that I paid €35 to eat a duck)

Moon Rabbits
08-30-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm vegi. so no. not even if my life depended on it. :)

This reminds me of a horrible new story. On the Greyhound in the middle of the night in rural Canada a guy randomly attacked another passenger (unprovoked) and stabbed him several times. Everyone fled the bus and when police came on the sceen they witnessed the guy hacking off pieces of the victim's body and eating them. :/

; - ; I took a transit bus to Toronto like, two days after that happened. I did not listen to my mp3 player or fall asleep because I was so fucking paranoid.

Rengori
08-30-2008, 07:04 PM

That is awesome. Really. :D

Goldenboko
08-30-2008, 07:06 PM

Talk about ordering out. :o

Aerith's Knight
08-30-2008, 07:09 PM
tastes like chicken

That's disgusting!

Ouch!
09-01-2008, 10:55 PM

Talk about ordering out. :o
Didn't we already have a pun thread about this?

scrumpleberry
09-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I'd be curious more than anything so I might maybe maybe taste a bit of someone elses x) but I don't think I'd eat it regularly, and I don't know if I could deal with the moral problems so I'm not at all keen on the idea. I feel like a massive hypocrite now because I eat animals regularly. It's just what we've been conditioned to believe is okay or otherwise really.

ShadowNINku
09-02-2008, 04:24 AM
yes

~*~Celes~*~
09-02-2008, 06:01 AM
No, plain and simple. I'll eat cow, turkey, pig, chicken...But not human.

Levian
09-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Ooh this reminds me of that thing you have to watch on DVD's.

You wouldn't steal a car, You wouldn't steal a handbag, You wouldn't eat a human.

Yeah, they should definitely add that.

Rengori
09-02-2008, 10:20 AM

You wouldn't steal a car, You wouldn't steal a handbag, You wouldn't eat a human.

The silly Norwegian man has lost me on all levels as to what he is rambling on about.

Rantz
09-02-2008, 10:45 AM

The silly Norwegian man has lost me on all levels as to what he is rambling on about.

The anti-piracy propaganda at the beginning of many DVDs!

scrumpleberry
09-02-2008, 11:24 AM

The anti-piracy propaganda at the beginning of many DVDs!

It's highly lulzy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSQQ1NqOaA4)