PDA

View Full Version : Wide Hips Appreciation Day

Rye
08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Normal font: ON!

I was trawling the tubes, and I saw someone say that Halle Barry had wide hips, and I got very angry. Her hips in the picture posted are basically as wide as they can be before she has a waist/hip ratio of 1, basically, a flat boy shape. I don't understand how anyone can think that is wide. At all. Except in bizarro world.

So I decided I'm making a wide hip appreciate day, because I'm tired of feeling bad that I'm the only girl my age around where I live who actually has hips that can be considered womanly, and I'm sure other people do too. People need to be educated about wide hips.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ryechuuu/hips1.jpg

My hips are not fat, they're bone, part of my bone structure. If you pinched the skin around my hips, you couldn't "pinch an inch of fat!11". People need to understand that hips don't necessarily equal fat. At all.

Also, I hate when people are like "Oh... your hips are wide... but I guess that's good... you know... for when you have a kid.....*cricket*..." That's not cool to say to someone, and it's not a compliment, no matter how you put it.

People can be beautiful in all sorts of body shapes, but having no hips is appreciated every other day of the year, especially if you're of a race where your figure is supposed to be flat to be pretty, (I envy black and latina women because they get appreciated for hips) from the way clothes are made to what's considered beautiful in this day in age to how whenever you're told to dress by your shape, wide hipped women are only given tips to "hide" their shape, and it makes women with hips feel bad, so everyone woman who has wide hips is going to be appreciated today, dammit. >:o

http://media.justjared.com/headlines/2007/02/beyonce-grammys.jpg

We're going to list reasons why wide hips are nice and women who are pretty with wide hips, like Beyonce. Guys with girlfriends with wide hips can be all "unf unf unf I'm lucky" up ins, as well. No being mean, or incur the wrath of Rye. :irked:

Discuss how lovely wide hips can be.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ryechuuu/bigsmilelol.png

DK
08-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh so after years of giving me abuse for this you try and switch it around now, that's how it is is it? I am on to you, Rye. This is the last straw. :mad2:

Flying Mullet
08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
My wife has wider hips and I love the curves. :love:

Madame Adequate
08-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Fuck yes it is about time you came around to my way of thinking. :cool:

Unf unf unf I'm lucky ;)

Bunny
08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Wide hips can be good for like giving child birth and stuff.

<3

Aerith's Knight
08-28-2008, 04:51 PM
I prefer the wide hips, tbh.

Bony girls give me the creeps.

Wide hips foreva! <3

Sergeant Hartman
08-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Us guys gotta have something to hold onto. Wide hips represent.

Vyk
08-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Can't have a ghetto booty without wide hips :P

Those pictures you posted aren't what I'd call wide. Or maybe that's because I don't see it as a problem so I'm not someone you need to convince

I guess there's a difference between wide hips and fat hips and I can naturally see the difference

Plus I thought girls obsessed over the hourglass figure. Hourglass figure requires larger hips

I think I might actually be confused

But I do like a figure that speaks. Curves are very welcome here

Yar
08-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Curves ftw.

Avarice-ness
08-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Before I got pregnant I was like 36' 30' 38', and my hips are like yours Rye, pure bone. It's like people assume because you have big hips it's because there is a massive amount of fat there, but seriously, my hip bone's could have prolly gouged someone's eyes out if they got to close.

Either way, my family always makes jokes that the women in this family are prime for bearing children because of their "child-bearing hips".. clearly they're right. =D

Plus I thought girls obsessed over the hourglass figure. Hourglass figure requires larger hips

The hourglass shape has been the ideal woman shape for nearly ever. It's like if you watch Roger Rabbit and he makes the finger drawing of Jessica Rabbits body, it's the "ideal" hourglass shape. Big boobs (or atleast big enough to match the hips), tiny waist, big hips. Doesn't mean fat hips though it just means the bone structure of the persons hips tend to be larger.

Sometimes people confuse fat hips with wide hips just as people confuse being curvy (which is what the hourglass shape is SUPPOSE to be) with being fat.

Ouch!
08-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Wide hips are a necessary prerequisite to a fantastic ass.

I'm an ass and leg man.

DO THE MATH.

Captain Maxx Power
08-28-2008, 06:43 PM
I'll start appreciating wide hips when women start appreciating my gigantic noggin. Seriously my head is huge, I get smacked down for it all the time. Some equality is all I ask.

Miriel
08-28-2008, 07:17 PM
You wanna see wide hips?

Bam!

http://whysoserious.your-hero.com/random/joan.gif
http://i7.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/4ldk40y.jpg

Yay for child birthin' hips!

Rye
08-28-2008, 07:58 PM
She has nice hips! Mmmmm!

Also, Vyk, I suppose a way to check to see if someone has wide hips as opposed to fat hips is more to do with their waist to hip ratio. If it's fat, then they're more likely to have fat on their waist as well as their hips. If they're just completely wide, waist to hips, then I'd pin it more down as fat. My waist is very narrow, but it's my hips that are big.

I have the hips for an hourglass shape, but my breasts aren't big enough to match it, I have B's, so I guess I could be put down for more of a pear shape. But mmmmmm, hourglasses.

More pictures, more pictures!

Vyk
08-28-2008, 08:17 PM
This thread makes me horny

Edit: Wait, it just dawned on me what Rye was saying in the original post. (Lack of sleep. Sorry)

I'm a guy so a natural part of me is shallow. I admit that. I also try to ignore it. But liking scrawny girls is one thing. A couple of the girls I've dated have been called sticks. But that's just 'cause they were thin. They had hips though. None of the girls I've liked have ever been flat on the side. I can't imagine finding that attractive. Let alone complain about not being that way

Weight and figure can be variable. But I think there's gotta be some shape o_O

Now that I'm awake and aware xD I can honestly say I have always appreciated hips (among other things)

Madame Adequate
08-28-2008, 08:48 PM
God damn that is some hotness +10 points for Miriel

Parker
08-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I usually say that personality is what counts in a partner and not looks.

But damn do I enjoy a lady with nice hips.

boris no no
08-28-2008, 09:34 PM
I would post a picture but the only ones I have are a bit.... naughty on my boyfriends computer ;P

But I have big hips and a big bum and to be honest I love them :3 I love having an hour glass figure. I think it's SO SO SO much sexier than having a 12 year old boys figure like a lot of those size zero people.

~*~Celes~*~
08-28-2008, 09:49 PM
If I could lose some weight, I'd have a nice hourglass figure. I have the boobs (D cup) and the hips for it, that's for sure.

Shiny
08-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Mine tend to look wider depending on the cut of my jeans.

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Rye's hips would look good on my face. Jus' sayin'. Although, with my hair, it'd just look like she had severe muffage, so I think we'd better not. Sorry, Rye.

Anyway, wide hips are brilliant. People need to go away and die.

Old Manus
08-29-2008, 12:01 AM
All women in the world claim to have huge hips

DMKA
08-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Wait, white women aren't supposed to have hips?

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Marilyn-Monroe-Poster-Card-C10204547.jpeg

Then why the hell was she so popular?

Madame Adequate
08-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Yeah but if someone with Marilyn's body came along today, they wouldn't get very far.

Vyk
08-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Yeah but if someone with Marilyn's body came along today, they wouldn't get very far.

They could get pretty far with me :] They could even get to go all the way

Funny though. I google searched wide hips (I don't suggest anyone else do this). Came across some site criticizing celebrities for being fat or having a "wide load" (hips, referring to Jennifer Love Hewitt???) Fat being Jennifer Connely, Kate Bosworth, Amanda Bynes

I really haven't heard much of this in the media the past few years. People are critical, yeah. But I think only teenagers and super model types really care what those people think anymore. Anyone else that gives their opinions any worth probably has deep embedded self esteem issues

Video games and comics are notorious for their portrayal of women. But how are they portrayed? With wide swagging hips. Seems to me that's what guys want. Unless they're those prissy bitches running a fashion show or something. I don't delve into the fashion world and I don't care to pay attention when someone thinks someone scrawny is fat. I don't think anyone else should give their opinion any credence either

Miriel
08-29-2008, 01:13 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Picture6-1.png

Rye
08-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Mmmmmmm. She's so pretty! :3

escobert
08-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Liz has wider hips and I love em :D

beckabop123
08-29-2008, 03:53 PM
I have wide hips, a small waist and big thighs.
It's hell having to find clothes that accentuate my figure without making me look fat, but saying that I would never want to be size 0..so I guess I'm pretty happy with what I got given.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-29-2008, 07:11 PM
<center>http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/thegoddessofallwomen.jpg</center>

Caraliz
08-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Liz has wider hips and I love em :D
I definitely have a curvy body. But I second that Scarlett Johanson has made it easier for curvy white women to get recognized. She is drop dead gorgeous.

Loony BoB
08-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Every day is Wide Hips Appreciation Day for me! =]

Madame Adequate
08-30-2008, 01:37 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Picture6-1.png

I uh... stand corrected.

If you'll forgive the crass pun :p

scrumpleberry
08-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Man, I want that swimming costume.

I have hips. Not massive ones, but comfortably wider than normal. I'm actually very happy with my bones, it's the flesh that's the problem ;(. People have called me an hourglass before, and I suppose it's true, but I do wish my waist was a bit thinner (lol laziness) and my boobs were bigger. Grow dammit! They don't quite match my hips.

Mirage
08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
This thread was created more than one day ago! Wide Hips Appreciation Day is over, stop posting!

daggertrepe
08-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Curves and legs boobs and butts is what separates men from women. You gotta love them all!

Madame Adequate
08-30-2008, 06:25 PM
This thread was created more than one day ago! Wide Hips Appreciation Day is over, stop posting!

Nah, we'll continue appreciating things that should be appreciated!

NeoCracker
08-30-2008, 06:28 PM

Nah, we'll continue appreciating things that should be appreciated!

You mean like the US's ever growing economy?

But really, yeah.

I've seen my many a hip that deserves appreciating. One day isn't enough to cover it.

Vyk
08-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Man, I want that swimming costume.

I have hips. Not massive ones, but comfortably wider than normal. I'm actually very happy with my bones, it's the flesh that's the problem ;(. People have called me an hourglass before, and I suppose it's true, but I do wish my waist was a bit thinner (lol laziness) and my boobs were bigger. Grow dammit! They don't quite match my hips.

I disbelieve :jokey:

On a serious note, does anyone real actually like women with no curves? Some troll calling Mariah Carrey fat doesn't really hold much weight. Plus if it was a guy you know they'd hook up with her given half the opportunity regardless. So I figure that opinion is moot. As are most that critically judge celebrities to be imperfect

Jojee
08-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Man, I dunno what you guys are on, who doesn't like wide hips?

Wide hips are sexy, and it makes your upper body look thinner. I'm jealous because I don't have very wide hips :p

Tasura
08-31-2008, 12:04 AM
I like wide hips, and small hips, hell, I like all hips. Though, I do prefer wider hips.

Mirage
08-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Okay then.

I thought the hips in the first image were pretty normal, are they supposed to be super-wide?

Same goes for the other hips in this thread too, btw. I would regard them as more or less normal.

Spuuky
08-31-2008, 01:56 AM
On a serious note, does anyone real actually like women with no curves? Some troll calling Mariah Carrey fat doesn't really hold much weight. Plus if it was a guy you know they'd hook up with her given half the opportunity regardless. So I figure that opinion is moot. As are most that critically judge celebrities to be imperfect
I'd say yes, but I'm widely regarded as not being a real person.

leader of mortals
08-31-2008, 11:59 PM
I appreciate every part of a girl:D

Rostum
09-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Wide hips I am attracted to the most. I think they are so freakin' sexy, and are what defines a real woman! Also, I thought I read somewhere that the male instict is to be more attracted to child-baring hips (i.e. wide hips). Correct me if I am wrong.

Vyk
09-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Wide hips I am attracted to the most. I think they are so freakin' sexy, and are what defines a real woman! Also, I thought I read somewhere that the male instict is to be more attracted to child-baring hips (i.e. wide hips). Correct me if I am wrong.

That's the instinct. Not the fad :]