PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected achievements

kingofallheathens
08-29-2008, 01:03 AM
So earlier this year I started a musical project (predominately doomy, ambient keyboard stuff) as a way to pass the time. I recorded one song a while ago and eventually rerecorded it for this project, posted it up and left it alone for a bit.

Eventually I advertised it a bit, and the responses I received were all positive. My friend loved it so much in fact, that he offered to do a split album with me. So I recorded 3 more songs and he recorded a few more, and about 2 weeks ago we had finished recording the material.

A music label approached us, and after several conversations decided to release the split. It's set for 500 copies sometime during December or so.

From a small pastime of mine to an actual CD release by a label completely caught me by surprise. I still can't believe it.

My question is, has anybody here ever achieved something they never expected to?

Meow
08-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Every time I do something cool I want to hear the 360 achievement blip

like eating twenty-five tacos in a day or something

Psychotic
08-29-2008, 02:00 AM
I love you so hard Meow. Half the reason I get achievements is just because I love that little noise.

Meow
08-29-2008, 02:53 AM
microsoft r&d employs ex-nazi scientists who dream of the era when human morality and social responsibility are historical concepts