PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on Karaoke

Sir Edeon X
08-29-2008, 01:33 AM
So, myself, Polaris and Megami decided to open a karaoke forum.
And I was just wondering:

What do you think about karaoke? Do you like it? :greenie:

Personally, I think that, with friends, karaoke is one of the funniest thing to do. I'm a big singstar addict and there's not one party when I don't get asked to bring singstar :D

Værn
08-29-2008, 05:03 AM
I like singing, but I rather dislike the sound of my own voice. My solution? Put in a pair of earbuds and crank the volume to 100% =P

EDIT: Oopsie... I copied the name of the album on the "Who is the singer?" thread to look it up... then I accidentally hit ctrl+v instead of shift+v and pasted it in the username section when I was registering for the forum. My name is now "Mi Reflejoaern".
And that's why I hate laptops.

rubah
08-29-2008, 05:15 AM
I sound so horrible but it feels so good.

I usually grab the mic in rock band and the last time I took it from stu and just started going 'blalalalalalalallalaalalaa' at the top of my lungs during the vocal solo part thing and it said I was awesome :DDDDDDD

Breine
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM

Karaoke is kinda supposed to sound bad. That's the fun in it in my opinion. There's nothing worse than when a person who can actually sing sings karaoke to show off.

Karaoke is best when it's done bad and with some alcohol involved.

Loony BoB
08-29-2008, 12:17 PM
There is a guy in our neighbourhood who sings terrible karaoke when drunk. I think he's alone when he does it. It's horrible but funny at the same.

I don't mind karaoke so long as it's with people I know. I'm not sure if I'd be keen on going to a karaoke bar or something though. Maybe!

Polaris
08-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I love karaoke specially when I am singing with you on singstar XD

Breine
08-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I love karaoke specially when I am singing with you on singstar XD

Yeah, Singstar is pretty great, especially as a party starter :beer:

Captain Maxx Power
08-29-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm so good at karaoke, I beat all y'all at a contest of it not so long ago. Booya! :cool:

Megami
08-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Karaoke is kinda supposed to sound bad. That's the fun in it in my opinion. There's nothing worse than when a person who can actually sing sings karaoke to show off.

Karaoke is best when it's done bad and with some alcohol involved.

I actually don't agree :D

I know some friends of mine that sing pretty well (not well enough for a career) and they love to sing as an hobby ^^

But I think karaoke is fun either way.

scrumpleberry
08-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Worst thing the Japanese ever did.

Rye
08-29-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm a vocal major, and I'm still awful at karaoke. I don't think anyone is good at it. xD

Madame Adequate
08-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm a vocal major, and I'm still awful at karaoke. I don't think anyone is good at it. xD

I used to be able to do Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time 100% on Easy on Karaoke Revolution tyvm.

Rye
08-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't think I want to date you anymore. Don't bother showing up to visit me.

Madame Adequate
08-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Green eyed monster, imo.

Breine
08-29-2008, 10:26 PM

You're not supposed to be good at it.

Moon Rabbits
08-29-2008, 11:58 PM

Karaoke is <s>best</s> only good when it's done bad and with <s>some</s> so much alcohol alcohol you can't see straight involved.

DMKA
08-30-2008, 12:27 AM

I could prove this statement wrong so easily, but I'd get banned.

scrumpleberry
08-30-2008, 02:33 PM

I could prove this statement wrong so easily, but I'd get banned.

Joke, sweetie, chill. I didn't mean it seriously :razz:

Heath
08-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Not really my sort of thing, but the other week I was having a good day and decided to go along with it. Got roped into rickrolling a pub by a friend of mine. We joke that anything on the Internet ceases to be cool once she finds out about it and it was certainly true that night. Still, a cooler friend and I sang Bat out of Hell instead which should've made up for it. Hopefully.