PDA

View Full Version : Why Didn't My Parents Let Me Play House?

Yar
08-29-2008, 05:09 AM
My parents were no fun. :mad2: They never let us play house or doctor. :mad2:

My version of "house" and my parents' version of "house" must have been entirely different. House is a game (at least I thought) where you build a house out of the couch cushions and a miniature kitchen set and other things in the living room. Then, the players would carry out a normal day. The "guy" would go to work while the "mother" stayed at home with the "children" where she belonged. :mad2: The kids would cry and take naps and other things that kids are supposed to do. Then, when it was time for the "husband" to come home, the family was supposed to argue over "dinner" about things such as bills and chores.

But, somehow, my parents view was entirely different. They thought that "house" somehow required all participants to be nude or in the process of becoming nude and then it would inevitably lead to a fondle-fest of sorts.

I never thought that this was house was to be played, so I didn't know how they came to that conclusion (at the time). I just wanted to reënact the dysfunctional family to which I was used. I didn't ever want to play a game where we explored our sexual curiousity as children. :(

Did your parents ever spoil your fun in a manner like this? Also, do you want to play house with me? :monster:

Kes
08-29-2008, 05:14 AM
You're forgetting the dog/cat and the "teenager".

My parents made me go to bed at 8:30 until I was 12, and I definitely remember having to go to bed while it was still light out and the neighbour kids were playing.

I think I'll blame being nocturnal on that rule. ^_^

rubah
08-29-2008, 05:14 AM
wait what?

Bunny
08-29-2008, 05:36 AM
What the hell?

Del Murder
08-29-2008, 05:37 AM
I thought the nude one was called 'doctor'.

escobert
08-29-2008, 05:38 AM
xD

Yar
08-29-2008, 05:40 AM

Oh, forgot to talk about "doctor". :D

Doctor to me was me using a stethoscope I had and checking someone's heartbeat. This would then tell me if the person was going to be okay or going to die. Then the "patient" would either have to die or get better. Whoever was in the "family" was to act accordingly. That was basically it.

But, my parents thought it had the same premise as house. "Show me yours I'll show you mine." :-/

Bunny
08-29-2008, 05:46 AM
You may want to report your parents to the authorities.

Meow
08-29-2008, 06:49 AM
did you ever play swords with your dad

Værn
08-29-2008, 07:02 AM
5:20 - 6:00, plz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9qdviykxtU) =P

Breine
08-29-2008, 09:48 AM

Yeah, me too.. and seriously, who hasn't played doctor at least once in their life?

Vyk
08-29-2008, 10:30 AM
They thought that "house" somehow required all participants to be nude or in the process of becoming nude and then it would inevitably lead to a fondle-fest of sorts.

do you want to play house with me? :monster:

No. But it sounds like I want to play house with your parents >;}

Parker
08-29-2008, 10:54 AM
We used to play house outside, making the house shape out of cut grass in the fields xD

I was always the baby or the dog though. The hot girl was always the mom and I always wanted to be dad :(

ReloadPsi
08-29-2008, 11:17 AM
See this is why me and my sister pretended to run a place that looked after people's pets while they were on holiday. Way easier.

Iceglow
08-29-2008, 01:34 PM
My mom was always dead set against gun/sword toys and would ban me from having them. She also hated the idea of House, Doctor, Kiss Chase (though I only played that in school and strangely the girls were the ones doing the chasing heheheh oh but to be in year 6 once more) or any of the more fun games, heck I am probably the only 22 year old guy in the UK who has NEVER had a happy meal from mac donalds. Thats why I blame my elder years of being a sexually diverse and prolific entity on her. Yes, my depressingly deprived childhood made me in to a male prostitute :\

Croyles
08-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I played quite a bit as a child, yet im still somewhat of a cold male prostitute. I dont think you need a crappy childhood for it. You need to have loud and shaky (no pun intended) relationships ^^

Vivisteiner
08-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Errr, your parents...

Argh well, never mind.

Anyway, I never used to play any of that crap. It was all about WAR. We had the bad toys versus the good toys. Leading the bad toys was Beast from Beauty and the Beast. Leading the good toys was the Green Power Ranger (my favourite). The goodies always won!

I also used to play Cowboys versus Indians. I always made the Indians win, although once I felt sorry for the pathetic cowboys and let them win instead.