PDA

View Full Version : I feel... so.... violated...

leader of mortals
08-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I just went to the doctors... I had a check for testicular cancer...

Yes, I did.

The bad thing was that the nurse was holding up a sheet and when she was leaving the room, she looked back at me and kinda smirked, as if she was laughing at my misfortune...

And I am overweight, suffer from back pain, have high blood pressure, and I have tight hamstrings.

Topic: When was the last time you went for a check-up and how was it?

Topic2: When was the last time you were in an uncomfortable situation?

I Don't Need A Name
08-29-2008, 04:27 PM
we have checkups for that?
i thought we just checked ourselves!
I frequently get in an uncomfortable situation at work. I work as a chashier at Morrisons, and its annoying when familys stand there arguing and you're just like 'argh'

Bunny
08-29-2008, 04:31 PM
I had a check-up before I got out of the military. The last time I was in an uncomfortable situation was before I got in the military, when the doctor told me to "turn around, bend over, and spread 'em" as if it were a casual request a friend would make.

leader of mortals
08-29-2008, 06:01 PM
we have checkups for that?
i thought we just checked ourselves!
I frequently get in an uncomfortable situation at work. I work as a chashier at Morrisons, and its annoying when familys stand there arguing and you're just like 'argh'

Well we do check it ourselves, but she also did the cough hard thing...

Raebus
08-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Ha. I thought that was only done in entertaining TV adverts, the cough hard thing.

Yar
08-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Lots of times people don't check for testicular cancer because they think they're too young. It's most prevalent ages 15-35, the most common being in the mid-twenties.

I haven't had a check-up in a while now, but I was fine, so no biggie.

I was uncomfortable last night trying to sleep on the couch, but going by the uncomfortable you mean, I was uncomfortable coming to this house to house sit. They have two pitbulls. I was scared at first, but now they love me and won't leave me alone. :love:

rubah
08-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Is a checkup for testicular cancer as dehumanizing as getting your vajayjay spread open by the inverse of a metal clamp and lubricated rubber gloves prodding you on the inside?

The sheet draped over my knees hiding my face from my genitals was supposed to be for my own feeling of privacy, but it didn't help much.

Do hamstring stretches. Lay on your back with your feet on the floor, knees bent, and try to straighten and lift one leg at a time past the point you can't stand it anymore.

Rye
08-29-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm delighted that I've never felt that way from a doctor's visits. I refuse to pee in a cup, I've not needed to get a womanly exam, even when I got my birth control (and really won't need one until I'm 21.) I care about my dignity, tbqf. D:

Lawr
08-29-2008, 06:52 PM
I've never been molested at a checkup, and hopefully never will. HOPEFULLY.

leader of mortals
08-29-2008, 06:52 PM
And the thing is, the damn nurse didnt need to be there. She came into a closed room and held a sheet about a foot away from me and was still facing me. I dont think she was looking, but it still seemed useless.

Edit:

Do hamstring stretches. Lay on your back with your feet on the floor, knees bent, and try to straighten and lift one leg at a time past the point you can't stand it anymore.

Well she gave me a sheet that says to do hamstring streches I am suppossed to lift my leg about 90 degrees, then place my hands behind my knee and gently pull or something. My leg is suppossed to be completely straight, but when I tried it it was bent a little. It still hurt a lot though, so I guess it's still working.

Now that I look at the paper, I am suppossed to have one knee bent and the other one is to be lifted up for streching. I did this on accident while I was doing it and it is much much easier and less painful. Wish I had looked closer...

Rye
08-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I think with those type of things, you need to have a nurse attending, if a doctor did it, just to prove that nothing inappropriate happened, or something. I'm not 100% sure though. xD

Peegee
08-29-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm not nearly comfortable with my body enough to let that happen to me.

I'll take the cancer thank you very much.

Vyk
08-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Had an issue when I was 12 or 13 that needed checked out in that manner. Had to actually like grope my testicles. Pretty sure I could handle it again if I had to. Its all professional. We're both in the room for the same reason. To see if I'm okay. And that's all that matters

We'll see if I'm still singing this tune when I'm 40 thouh ;]

Yar
08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
The doctors aren't there to get their rape on. They're there to make sure that you're okay. They swear the Hippocratic oath and don't tell anyone about your medical conditio without your consent.

And while you may remember the doctor, the doctor will probably forget you, because you're just another patient. It's not like if they see you in public, they instantly remember "ZOMG that guy has cancer!!"

Moon Rabbits
08-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Last time I went to a doctor or a dentist was a long time ago, I have this debilitating fear of those kinds of things, see. Last time I went to the doctor I had to take an Alpraz (anti-anxiety) pill because I was sweating and shaking :D, and even that didn't help much.

God I hate doctors.

Goldenboko
08-29-2008, 09:27 PM
And I am overweight, suffer from back pain, have high blood pressure, and I have tight hamstrings.

Thanks, in that one sentence you've given me enough information that I don't have to worry about finding a comeback when you make fun of me ever again :)

Bunny
08-29-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm delighted that I've never felt that way from a doctor's visits. I refuse to pee in a cup, I've not needed to get a womanly exam, even when I got my birth control (and really won't need one until I'm 21.) I care about my dignity, tbqf. D:

How'd you manage that one? Go under the table or something? Thought physicals were a requirement in order to get birth control.

Oh well.

Badge
08-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Is a checkup for testicular cancer as dehumanizing as getting your vajayjay spread open by the inverse of a metal clamp and lubricated rubber gloves prodding you on the inside?

Jesus I hated that :( does this hurt *prod* YES!

leader of mortals
08-29-2008, 10:07 PM

Thanks, in that one sentence you've given me enough information that I don't have to worry about finding a comeback when you make fun of me ever again :)

So what you are gonna say something like...

"HAHA you are overweight so you need to work out and walk but you cant walk because of back pain and later in life your knees are gonna go to hell and you are gonna die from hypertension"

...You're a bitch:cry:

~*~Celes~*~
08-30-2008, 04:16 AM
When I went for my first pap, I thought I'd feel totally humiliated but I didn't. In fact, it tickled, and I started giggling. I had to pee in a cup for that :( and then I got my birth control at the end!

Marshall Banana
08-30-2008, 04:20 AM
No one will ever do that to me.

Blue Harvest
08-30-2008, 10:33 AM
I feel violated just reading this thread. I'm with Peegee, I'd rather have cancer than be poked and prodded like that.

Levian
08-30-2008, 12:12 PM
I was getting a circumcision 6 months ago, and just before that the doctor suddenly grabbed them and said "Okay, so you don't have cancer! Good for you!"

Markus. D
08-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Year 7-10.

._.

Baloki
08-30-2008, 12:47 PM
My last check-up by BoB and Yams was pretty humiliating :/

Randgris
09-02-2008, 09:57 PM
when the doctor told me to "turn around, bend over, and spread 'em" as if it were a casual request a friend would make.

I had this experience when I had my first medical exam... :(

Namelessfengir
09-02-2008, 10:19 PM
my last check up was about two years ago when i still had medical the last time i went to the dentist was when one my fillings disintegrated