PDA

View Full Version : would they ever port dirge of cerberus to pc?

mindfray
08-29-2008, 09:46 PM
i think square should consider porting dirge of cerberus to pc, pc's are great for first person shooters. right now im saving for a ps3, so it might be a while before i get to play dirge of cerberus with a kb and mouse, not suer how that works on a ps2/ps3.

do you guys think this port would be justified?

Flying Mullet
08-29-2008, 09:49 PM
It'll never happen because very few people would buy it and it would be a financial disaster for Square-Enix. It received lukewarm reviews and there's no demand for it on a PC as those that want it most likely own for their PS2.

Rostum
08-29-2008, 10:38 PM
It wouldn't be that great with a keyboard and mouse. It's not very typical-FPS.

cloud21zidane16
08-30-2008, 02:14 AM
Keyboard and mouse wouldnt work well, theres not really any demand for it on the PC, a huge share of gamers own PS2s and 3s so they can still play it on there, plus im sure it wouldve been done by now.

Elly
08-30-2008, 04:54 AM
actualy they designed it to be played with a keyboard and mouse, look at page 4 of the manual... if you have a USB Keyboard and mouse lying around, plug them into youre PS2 and you're set...

DMKA
08-30-2008, 05:01 AM

It's not an FPS. It's a third-person shooter.

And no, it will never be ported to PC. As previously stated, it would be a financial disaster for SE, as it wasn't really a well-received game to begin with.

Big D
08-30-2008, 06:57 AM
The instruction manual, in my territory at least, included a guide fro mouse/keyboard controls, for people who want to play the game as a dedicated first-person title. Technically, you could play the game almost entirely from that perspective - I prefer it, personally, and you're only forced into third-person when using melee attacks.

But no, porting it to PC would only work if they sold it at a very low price, and even then the sales would be poor. Still, there's no reason one couldn't use an emulator with their PS2 disc, I suppose.

Rostum
08-30-2008, 11:22 AM

It's not an FPS. It's a third-person shooter.

And no, it will never be ported to PC. As previously stated, it would be a financial disaster for SE, as it wasn't really a well-received game to begin with.

I never said it was a FPS, the way the OP questioned it seemed as if he wanted to play it like an FPS. And that is one of the reasons I mentioned why it wouldn't work; that it is third person.

Project G
08-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Well they do have a version of DoC for mobile phone....the same one that BC is on.

Although it is not really DoC, it's more like a sequel I think....

On a personal note, I really don't think that they should port it! It would really ruin it! I really don't know why they added the use of a keyboard for PS2 because how many games actually use a keyboard? I think it's a pointless peripheral

Rostum
08-30-2008, 02:12 PM
You would be hard stretched to play an MMO without a keyboard.

Hyperion4444
09-01-2008, 08:11 PM
They did implement mouse & keyboard controls... but I doupt it would happen.
Only a few million people purchased DoC, resembling what FFVIII PC sold.
I think it's very unlikely Square would re-consider another PC Final Fantasy... but who knows.

It won't be Doc since it's been a while it's been released and would have been made by now...

I'm more wondering if Square-Enix would release Before Crisis on the PSN, Playable on both PS3 & PSP.
I mean, come on, mobile device? Japanise mobile device only?
It should come to America.
They already brought Agito FFXIII to PSP. This is because of Mobile Generations and they couldn't wait for it anymore.
Why keep Before Crisis on just Mobile Devices, they could bring it to the PSN and not waste most of it.

Project G
09-01-2008, 09:52 PM
When I say mobile device, I mean the mobile phone used in AC! Only released in japan....although rumoured to work in Europe....anyways, it's only a mobile phone game, however it does give A LOT of information on the Turks