PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia: Tidus vs Jecht

Vivisteiner
08-29-2008, 11:19 PM
YouTube - Dissidia: Final Fantasy Tidus vs Jecht New Gameplay Footage!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0VeN-9ktKc)

Tidus is about to win, but half way through he bursts into tears. As if to rub salt into the wounds, Jecht fucks his wife (Tidus' mum) right in front of him.

Yes, the story is http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif, but the gameplay is awesome. :D

Moon Rabbits
08-30-2008, 12:34 AM
This game is the ULTIMATE FAN SERVICE in the history of ever, maybe with the exception of SSB. I'm excited.

Big D
08-30-2008, 01:39 AM
The gameplay looks bloody awesome so far. They've done a good job of capturing the speed and intensity of, say, Advent Children's combat.

The *only* thing that bothers me so far is the apparent absence of defensive moves. I didn't see one single blocked or parried blow there, which is going to be odd in a game involving lots of guys with swords. But still, it's early days yet, and I could easily have missed something.

Vivisteiner
08-30-2008, 01:46 AM
^Im speculating, but maybe when you execute a block correctly it goes into that mode where you have to press the x button.

Vyk
08-30-2008, 01:50 AM
First I've heard of this. I just figured it was a 3D Mugen type thing. But apparently its real?

Coma
08-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Why does this play like a KH2 Struggle Battle? Who thought that was a good idea for a health system? Also, sign me up for fanservice please.

^Im speculating, but maybe when you execute a block correctly it goes into that mode where you have to press the x button.
I highly doubt a guard activates the button sequence. Its more likely to be Jecht's signature, high powered attack, and its more of a Press X not to die thing.

The *only* thing that bothers me so far is the apparent absence of defensive moves. I didn't see one single blocked or parried blow there, which is going to be odd in a game involving lots of guys with swords. But still, it's early days yet, and I could easily have missed something.
If you look closely, the green word that pops up frequently is Dodge. So I'd assume that theres a button to press with proper timing to dodge attacks. I'm personally excited.

Big D
08-30-2008, 02:33 AM
EDIT: Big D, if you look closely, the green word that pops up is Dodge, so I'd assume that theres a button to press with proper timing to dodge attacks. I'm personally excited.Neat:D
Now, my next big hope is that Dissidia - and Crisis Core - both get ported to the PS2, rather than remaining on the PSP. I don't intend to buy a console just for a handful of games, especially not a handheld system.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-30-2008, 03:22 AM
Define "a handful." There are quite a few great games to justify owning a PSP at this point.

Big D
08-30-2008, 03:29 AM
I mean, games I care about enough that I actually want to own them and play them. Maybe a half-dozen or so. Ten at best, if one includes the re-released FFs, and various Metal Gear and Syphon Filter titles.
Anyway, it's still a handheld system with a puny screen and an orphan media format - effectively a PS2 with a lot of the features stripped down. I can understand why others like it, but it's not for me. Especially not at the current high price.

Roto13
08-30-2008, 03:33 AM
Stripped down? The PSP has way more features than a PS2. :P

Big D
08-30-2008, 03:47 AM
Pissant screen, inferior graphics, fewer buttons and joysticks and whatnot. As far as my 'videogame needs' are concerned, it's got less to offer.

Also: what the hell y'all! I just said I don't want to buy a PSP so I hope they port its better games onto the PS2 for my convenience. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

*waits for someone to take the bait*

Roto13
08-30-2008, 03:56 AM
Oh hush. :P It still has more features than a PS2. You need to go out and buy one right this second or I'm totally going to spam up your user notes.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-30-2008, 04:19 AM
The PSP's screen isn't "pissant." It's larger than that of any other handheld I can think of, and it's generally nice and crisp and bright, especially in the latest revision (http://gizmodo.com/5040372/psp-3000-photos-emerge-new-bright-screen-is-new-bright).

Also, no one expects the etc.

Vivisteiner
08-30-2008, 02:23 PM
The PSP is sick man. Im extremely satisfied with my purchase of it. The games I've got so far have all been awesome (Disgaea, FFT, FFI, FFII, Crisis core, Patapon, God of War: CoO) And the ones that are coming out (Dissidia, Agito) look awesome. And there are other great ones already released that I have yet to purchase.

I would say, definitely buy one, unless if you have bought the PS2 versions already. Take Disgaea, its great fun, and it supercedes the PS2 version in every way. AND, its portable, which is the whole magic of it. You can play music, videos and keep images as well. And you can have Skype and play Playstation games through remote play (providing you have decent connection).

I may be sounding like a fanboy, but I really am not. When I got my PSP-2000, I wasnt expecting that much. But it has blown away my expectations.

My PS3 on the other hand, would have been a total let down if it hadnt been for one, or should I say two, games. I'm talking about Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Online.

Dreddz
09-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Square need to wise up and get this game online. The gameplay looks great but why must they drag in that horrible music from FFX. I want some original music but seeing as this game is fan service to the max I'm not expecting it.

And I think were all over the PSP has no games argument. It has games. The only problem is that every one of them would have been better if they were on the PS2. But there not so deal with it.

Rocket Edge
09-01-2008, 01:37 AM
Square need to wise up and get this game online. The gameplay looks great but why must they drag in that horrible music from FFX. I want some original music but seeing as this game is fan service to the max I'm not expecting it.

And I think were all over the PSP has no games argument. It has games. The only problem is that every one of them would have been better on the PS2. But there not so deal with it.
Exactly.

Well, this is the first I've heard about it. I'll be tracking it's progress.

Vivisteiner
09-01-2008, 02:21 AM

And I think were all over the PSP has no games argument. It has games. The only problem is that every one of them would have been better if they were on the PS2. But there not so deal with it.
I like 'Otherworld'. There are at least a few original tracks. There's dissidia's main theme, which was played during the original trailer. There's the semi-original version of the prelude which introduces its own new tune. There's also a secret track which I downloaded, and sounds really cool. Its only a minute and a bit long, but its really funky and old skool. Oh, and this game will have ad hoc mode. Online play is possible, but only if you have friends with Dissidia who live close to you.

Actually, I prefer having those games portable. I dont have that much time to play, so its nice to do some gaming while on the move.

Hyperion4444
09-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Square-Enix needs to implement Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure Modes.

This Figthing game is perfect for me when I'll go and kick everyones ... .

Jessweeee♪
09-02-2008, 02:56 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY :bounce:

I love how they put in Otherworld and Tidus's overdrive!

...any thoughts on what that helmety thing that Tidus grabbed was?

arcanedude34
09-02-2008, 05:14 AM
As long as this game balances all the characters so there isn't a character that's better than everyone else, or one specifically geared towards "honorable fighting" with few/useless skills (NO ITEMS! FOX ONLY! FINAL DESTINATION!)

Vivisteiner
09-02-2008, 09:58 AM
There is an ad hoc mode, confirmed. There isnt an infrastructure mode, which is a shame.

Heath
09-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Saw the trailer and thought it looks pretty good. Must admit I've not been keeping up with the news about this game, but I'd certainly be interested in trying it even if I don't buy it because I don't own a PSP. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing how Kuja turns out and I hope they include a lot of characters. The Wikipedia article certainly seems to suggest there's only two characters from each game and I'd definitely be even more interested if the cast was widened to include some other characters rather than just a villain and one of the main characters.

Depression Moon
09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
I knew you were lying about the crying and smurfing. I can't really say anything about it yet as I think it's still far away from release in America. I only hope that it'll be good.

Namelessfengir
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
this looks so damn good i am defiantly buying a psp for this.

do we have an official thread cuz i've never heard of it

Jessweeee♪
09-03-2008, 03:18 AM
We just have a bunch of threads for every time something new pops up.

ReloadPsi
09-03-2008, 11:47 AM
I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Who the hell does these days?

Coma
09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Who the hell does these days?

The Spanish?

Roto13
09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Apparently Japan is getting a Dissidia PSP bundle. I'd probably buy it if it was released in North America.

Dr.M
12-23-2008, 10:41 PM
it looks sick! and it brings back so many memories... *tear*
i laughed when tidus's overdrive came up towards the end.
its rather cute how their keeping it close to the orginal
but yeah, the game play is like a struggle battle. but i like that. kicking the crap out of everything is fun!

tidus_rox
12-24-2008, 02:30 AM
The gameplay looks great but why must they drag in that horrible music from FFX.

You did NOT just say that...

(This game looks awesome!!)

Dr.M
12-26-2008, 08:32 AM
The gameplay looks great but why must they drag in that horrible music from FFX.

HERE! HERE! agreeded!! =) i sing along ^_^

Wolf Kanno
12-27-2008, 05:47 AM

HERE! HERE! agreeded!! =) i sing along ^_^

While I have no issues with the kick ass opening track/Final Aeon boss battle theme, I am disappointed they insisted on using X's bland normal fight music as well. IX and X should have gotten remixes as well. :mad2:

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2008, 06:35 AM
I loved absolutely every part of the FFX soundtrack ever except for the main battle theme and the main boss battle theme. Everything else was super awesome.

xD

Masamunemaster
12-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Braskas final aeon music ftw...isnt it called otherworld?

Depression Moon
01-12-2009, 01:45 AM
I know I'm a little late to this mainly because I didn't want to take too much interest in it because I don't have a PSP, but to me it looks like the battle system might have some balancing issues and I couldn't hardly tell how the characters were hitting each other, but that might be because of the poor quality from Youtube. I did like how they put in his overdrive from the game and even executed it in the same manner as X.