PDA

View Full Version : Secret of Mana on the Virtual Console in Japan next month

Roto13
08-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Japanese VC releases next month: Square Enix shares a Secret - Nintendo Wii Fanboy (http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/08/29/japanese-vc-releases-next-month-square-enix-lets-a-secret-out/)

So don't count out the possibility of North America getting it eventually.

Avarice-ness
08-30-2008, 06:52 AM
*Squeal*

Crossblades
08-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Pretty cool. I always wanted to try this game out

Karellen
08-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Doesn't really surprise me. I think this is the only way SE stands a chance of making money off a Mana game now days.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Yeah. They've come right out and said they won't release any game for VC they think they could still profit from porting or remaking. So, while this is good news, it's also an acknowledgement that the franchise is essentially dead.

Of course, they should know; they're the ones who beat it to death.

Bastian
08-30-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm glad.

I'm sad.

Glad because it will bring new fans (I don't need it. Still have my snes and cartridge) but sad because I was holding out on Iishi's promise he'd consider doing a remake... Grrr! I was REALLY looking forward to a remake and hoping they'd put in all the extra stuff they had to cut out due to space limitations after the development of the CD-ROM fell through. :(

Avarice-ness
08-31-2008, 08:12 AM
Yeah. They've come right out and said they won't release any game for VC they think they could still profit from porting or remaking. So, while this is good news, it's also an acknowledgement that the franchise is essentially dead.

Of course, they should know; they're the ones who beat it to death.

Omg, this is the best thing I've ever read.
While reading the first paragraph I was full of "Yeah.. damn he's right. That is pretty sad".
Then I read the next line and got the biggest giggle ever because it's so true but in a funny sad way.

scrumpleberry
08-31-2008, 01:30 PM
*Squeal*

Yes.

I actually love the virtual console. Even if they will never remake these games it's a great way for casual gamers to play them without having to faff about with emulation and hunt down roms, or waste their money buying ancient consoles. And it's simply the real originals as well so if you're a bit manic like me and want to play the original original game you don't have to waste time figuring out release dates and wapanese names and crap on wikipedia.

Roto13
10-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Hay guize?

Totally on the American virtual console today.

Flying Mullet
10-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Does the virtual console have the ability for online multi-player support for the three characters?

Roto13
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Probably not. :P But I'm sure local multiplayer is intact.

qwertysaur
10-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Hay guize?

Totally on the American virtual console today.
:eek:

When I get home I am going right onto my Wii and buying this :D:D:D