PDA

View Full Version : Embrace moral decadence/

Montoya
08-30-2008, 09:31 AM
So...I just fucking drove off from a party that was raided by the police by all accounts. Granted it was a pretty big party by average standards. First one that I had gone to, to that degree. Everyone that I knew from my small town was there, there was everything. Weed, alcohol, cocaine, sex,...hip hop? It was only a matter of time before that whole police force showed up. I kept drinking, irresponsibly I am ashamed to admit.

So when things got heated, the cops showed up. Me, my bro, some Mexican, and a friend were about to leave. However, everyone was saying false alarm. Idiots they were. A little later, all the lights are turned off, the music is off, and people are told to shut the fuck up. Sure enough the flashlight is roaming the field and we get inside the house. People think it's chill inside and hide behind the kitchen counter. lol. Then popo get inside and tell everyone under 18 to get the fuck out. Me, my bro, the Mexican, head to the car without regard for anyone. I was like, I don't give a fuck and we were just about to leave one of my best friend's brother at the party to fend for himself, when luckily we saw him. We drove off and with God's luck we got home without getting pulled over. I have always hated anyone driving under any influence, but I had to this night. :cry:

So what adventure have you had recently?

Vyk
08-30-2008, 09:35 AM
I wish adventurous things would happen in my life. Glad you made it home okay :]

Montoya
08-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Damn, thanks. That means a lot. This is actually a rare occurrence, I don't really party. But it's a miracle I'm still here after eight beers (I'm a light weight), no contacts and DYI-ing.

Markus. D
08-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Kinda didn't like the whole driving under influence thing.

Glad you didn't touch the weed though... I hope.

and also glad you made it home safe and snug :D

Vyk
08-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Damn, thanks. That means a lot. This is actually a rare occurrence, I don't really party. But it's a miracle I'm still here after eight beers (I'm a light weight), no contacts and DYI-ing.

Being paranoid and aware is helpful when you're drunk. From what I've gathered some people drive better while drunk simply because they're paranoid for doing so. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I don't condone drunk driving, but I can understand. You're not the careless type of drunk and you only did it cause you had to :] So yeah. You're probably crashed now that the buzz is gone and excitement is over. But again, welcome home hehe

I actually got pulled over once while intoxicated. But it felt worse than it was 'cause I got breahtalized and passed. And there was nothing wrong with my driving. I just felt fuzzy. Cop could smell it on my breath. I told him the truth. He figured it wasn't enough to do anything to me. And it was verified when I passed the test. That was my only real slip up. And even that apparently wasn't even a slip up. Just a feeling. I'm a pretty responsible drinker

Zeldy
08-30-2008, 11:08 AM
That sounds like an amazing party.

Madame Adequate
08-30-2008, 01:42 PM

The party sounds fine. The DUI, not so much. Not so much at all. You don't like doing it? Yeah, well, you know who ELSE doesn't like it? People who lose family members to selfish fucks like you who take their lives into your drunk-assed hands.

Momiji
08-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Kinda didn't like the whole driving under influence thing.

Glad you didn't touch the weed though... I hope.

and also glad you made it home safe and snug :D

Oh right, and the cocaine is fine then. :p

Anyway, I'm not too pleased that you were driving while drunk, especially to the extent you were, but if you made it home and no one got hurt I can't say anything else. :D

Vivisteiner
08-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Nothing ever happens to me and my boring school life.

Terrifying and horrible things have been happening in my brother's area. (In the University College London area). Bassically, my family is Tamil, and there are loads of Tamils in London. Most of them just hang out together due to similar interests.

Anyway, my bro went to this Tamil rave when suddenly some fat fight broke out, with knives and everything. I think what started it was when a gang member said 'Get out the way, you pussy' to a member from another gang(spoken in Tamil). The police came and subdued people with their baton thingys, but thankfully noone died.

But, recently, three Tamils have been seperately murdered. We're not sure why, but there's a huge gang problem over here (Jaffna boys, Tooting boys etc). Its a real problem because innocent Tamil people who just wanna have fun are getting involved and threatened, and in worst case scenarios, murdered.

Anyway, drugs at least are not too bad. They're pretty much accepted at those kind of events - if you want to do them, you can. If you dont, you dont have to. But when there's excessive violence its far worse.

scrumpleberry
08-30-2008, 02:06 PM
I wish you'd called a taxi, but I'm glad you got home alright.

Psychotic
08-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Whoa, what were you thinking? You should clearly have capped those smurfing cops and then a couple more random pedestrians just for the sake of it. Trust me, I've played GTA a lot so I know what I'm talking about here.

~*~Celes~*~
08-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Well I'm glad you made it home okay, but I don't support DUI at all, so...

But really, at least you were careful, I guess.

Remulak
08-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Whoa, what were you thinking? You should clearly have capped those smurfing cops and then a couple more random pedestrians just for the sake of it. Trust me, I've played GTA a lot so I know what I'm talking about here.

That's like saying you know sex because you humped a blow up doll.

Mirage
08-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Yes it is, I don't really see your point.

Remulak
08-30-2008, 04:32 PM
You share the same reality with a lot of other people here, then.

Meow
08-30-2008, 04:37 PM
whenever I want to go out, I just put on a Tsubasa OVA fansub (dub, you say? Gross!) and recall why I have no use for childish "drinking," "going out," "picking up chicks" and whatever. I'm glad the meathead fratboys have so much free time to objectify women and "get drunk" at bars (Bleh!), but give me a deep story about crossing dimensions to collect one's shattered memories in full vibrant anime any day.

Mirage
08-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes, every male who drinks at a party objectifies females. What?

Regardless. You should just have chilled and walked home, alternatively reentered the house in which the party used to be, and sleep there for the night.

Momiji
08-30-2008, 06:06 PM
whenever I want to go out, I just put on a Tsubasa OVA fansub (dub, you say? Gross!) and recall why I have no use for childish "drinking," "going out," "picking up chicks" and whatever. I'm glad the meathead fratboys have so much free time to objectify women and "get drunk" at bars (Bleh!), but give me a deep story about crossing dimensions to collect one's shattered memories in full vibrant anime any day.

Sounds like something I would do (GET OUT OF MY MIND), only I don't have any Tsubasa anime just yet.

I'd probably select something else though. :D

Moon Rabbits
08-30-2008, 06:58 PM
People think it's chill inside and hide behind the kitchen counter. lol. Then popo get inside and tell everyone under 18 to get the smurf out.

Are cops allowed to enter a house like that without a warrant or permission from the owner? This seems really weird to me. Fuckin' cops.

Drinking doesn't have to be childish, I don't see what is childish about going out and having a social life, and, as Mirage said, not every guy is getting drunk to take advantage of women. Also, watching an OVA all night takes about the same amount of time that going out and having a few drinks does. You're on a mighty high horse.

As for the topic, drunk driving is stupid even under these circumstances. If you're going to go get drunk and loud then deal with the consequences - don't pull a bunch of innocent pedestrians in by driving.

I've had millions of similar experiences to this. One time I had to run my best friend home in a shopping cart (too drunk to walk :P) and duck down as many alleys and side streets as I could because the cops had just busted the bush party we were at. God that was nerve wracking.

Psychotic
08-30-2008, 08:01 PM
That's like saying you know sex because you humped a blow up doll.Funny you should say that, actually...

Zeldy
08-30-2008, 08:04 PM

The party sounds fine. The DUI, not so much. Not so much at all. You don't like doing it? Yeah, well, you know who ELSE doesn't like it? People who lose family members to selfish smurfs like you who take their lives into your drunk-assed hands.

woahhh was that attack at me? what the fuck? xD

Madame Adequate
08-30-2008, 08:09 PM

The party sounds fine. The DUI, not so much. Not so much at all. You don't like doing it? Yeah, well, you know who ELSE doesn't like it? People who lose family members to selfish smurfs like you who take their lives into your drunk-assed hands.

woahhh was that attack at me? what the smurf? xD

No, sorry Amy! That wasn't aimed at you - I just used what you said as a launching point xD

Leeza
08-30-2008, 08:19 PM
There is no excuse for driving drunk. Walk, call a taxi, call your parents, call a friend or just stay where you are. I'm sure the cops could have even driven you home.

Bahamut2000X
08-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I came in expecting a Batman Begins reference. I was sadly disappointed. :(

Are cops allowed to enter a house like that without a warrant or permission from the owner?

You don't need a warrant when you have Reasonable Doubt that something illegal is going on.

Say a whole towns teenage population in one location drinking under age. :monster:

Moon Rabbits
08-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Are cops allowed to enter a house like that without a warrant or permission from the owner?

You don't need a warrant when you have Reasonable Doubt that something illegal is going on.

Say a whole towns teenage population in one location drinking under age. :monster:[/QUOTE]

I dunno. Loud music and drinking isn't really reasonable doubt, to me. They could all be of age, for all the cops knew. I'm curious, did they knock before entering?

Blue Harvest
08-30-2008, 10:11 PM
That's like saying you know sex because you humped a blow up doll.Funny you should say that, actually...

Psy's only sexual experience was a blow-up doll until he met BoB and Levian :tongue:

Montoya
08-31-2008, 12:10 AM

Well, since I was called out, I'm going to respond. Since you don't know me personally, you don't know that I'm the one telling others not to drive after drinking. I've drank countless times, all of which I've gotten home without driving myself. I don't condone drunk driving at all. The thing is, I should have explained myself a little bit differently last night (I take it you all trust me that I'm sober and not behind the wheel running over families going to church) You see, I was not drunk. Buzzed and unwisely driving, yes. I trusted myself enough to drive though, and it is foolish to start name calling. I am in no way proud of driving home intoxicated regardless of what anyone thinks.

No I didn't do weed or cocaine, I can't speak for everyone else.
There were over fifty kids there (I said kids), ranging from 12 to 23, in the outskirts of the town. I feel it for the guy who threw it, I don't know how the hell he thought he was going to get away with it. As for the cops, they came and then everyone went to the back and tried to close the fence turn off the music and lights, however they forgot to take into consideration the cops Lv.5 anti-fence abilities and they went to the back. People tried to get out through the front but oh! The cops were coming through the front as well. They gave one warning for all people over 18 to just leave when they just starting hunting people down, literally. A friend of mine that I didn't give a ride home was chased down. I didn't have time to think, I just got into the car and left (unlike the guy that was so http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.giffaced he was just standing in the middle of the road wondering WTF is going on. I laughed). When I said I left without consideration for anyone, I didn't mean people in town, I meant the people at the party that were running all over the place and running to their cars, they were on their own. There are no taxis in town, my house was out of walking distance, I was the most sober one to drive, I already took into consideration the fact that most people are already in their house sleeping, there was no way anyone was going to crash out that night at that house. I hate to say that I drove after drinking (not drunk), but I did.

Big D
08-31-2008, 12:15 AM
If even one person is smoking weed inside a house, I can smell it from on the street. So if the 'entire teenage population' is outside getting stoned, the fuzz could probably smell it all the way back at the police station.

As a general rule, the best way to avoid police "interference" in parties is to obey the law. They tend to be pretty cool with you, if you're not causing any problems for anyone else, or busting out too many illicit substances.

Croyles
08-31-2008, 12:49 AM

Wow thats a pretty shallow view. Id like to point out that your probably insulting people who like drinking and partying, but who are also actually intelligent people and not "meathead fratboys". I think it probably speaks a lot more on your neighborhood than "party goers" in general.

Now to the DUI thing, from the sounds of it he wasnt drunk at all but he did have something to drink. You sound intelligent and balanced so I wont hold it against you for that time. I wouldnt have even minded if you had some weed, if you know that your personal high is hightened awareness at the moment and not drifting away into space. Cocaines a bitch, glad you stayed away. With cocaine you just wouldnt care if you hit anything...
If he leaves his car there then there wouldnt have been any point in running away from the police in the first place.

If you party and follow all the laws it would probably be a pretty dull party, just because it dampens everyone mood, not just for the sake of breaking laws though.

Now lets stop lecturing him and derailing the thread and actually talk about THE TOPIC HE POSTED.

I havnt had any adventurous days lately because its my holiday from uni and all my friends are somewhere else and im stuck home because im broke and have to work.
But the last thing to happen was after going out clubbing in england we took a taxi home and the driver was being a bastard and purposefully taking a much longer route. He thought he could get away with it because he thought we were drunk. I was sober enough to realise this though and immediately told him to take the short route or we wouldnt pay him at all, to which he denied taking a longer route. I left it at that and waited until our drop off point (which luckily wasnt right where we lived) and paid him the amount it would have cost if he had taken the normal route and then got the hell out of there. He drove after us for quite a while shouting abuse and whatnot and we really thought he was gonna get out and do something but then he just drove away again.

Taxi drivers can be real bastards.

I also never used that taxi service again.

Spuuky
08-31-2008, 02:04 AM
This is why there are still people constantly dying from drunk-driving accidents. People think "I'm not drunk, I've only had a few" and then start driving. I don't care if you, personally, in retrospect, happened to be sober enough to make it home. The mindset needs to change.

Madame Adequate
08-31-2008, 03:49 AM

Well, since I was called out, I'm going to respond. Since you don't know me personally, you don't know that I'm the one telling others not to drive after drinking.

Really? Because it's pretty hypocritical for you to start drink-driving then. How do you have any credibility with others now? No matter what words you use, this is what you'll be saying: "Don't drink and drive, kids. Unless, you know, you're trying to get away from the cops. Or if you think you're okay to drive."

I don't condone drunk driving at all.

You seem quite willing to do it. And your willingness to do it, and your belief that you are a good judge of how drunk you are when drunk, is condoning the same mindset among others.

I trusted myself enough to drive though, and it is foolish to start name calling. I am in no way proud of driving home intoxicated regardless of what anyone thinks.

No, look, I'm sorry. I'm not name-calling because you did some minor thing I disagreed with. I'm doing it because you had the arrogance to risk innocent lives in an attempt to get away from a situation you put yourself into in the first place. Everyone who drink-drives thinks "I'm not that drunk, I'll be fine." Do you know why DUI laws exist? It's because the last person who is a good judge of whether they are in a fit state to drive is a person under the influence.

I'm glad you made it home safely. I'm glad you, your passengers, and other drivers and pedestrians weren't hurt or killed. But when you've seen what driving after drinking can do to people, you kind of lack tolerance for it.

Jess
08-31-2008, 05:01 AM
I think I talked in Edinburgh about how I find it strange how the police always raid parties over in the USA. I've been to many parties before, here in the UK, and the police have never turned up to a party unless they've been called by somebody at the party because of some trouble, like lots of fighting.etc

but I'm with MILF here - you can drink 1 beer without being over the legal limit and even that can affect the way you drive depending on your tolerence to alcohol, food you've eaten, the length of time before driving after the 1 drink.etc - You had 8 beers - You're very lucky that you made it home safely without injuring yourself , or anybody else.

I don't agree with Vyk that being paranoid can make somebody drive better. People are OVERLY wary on the roads are dangerous just as well as people who are careless. Both can cause accidents.

Vyk
08-31-2008, 06:15 AM
Should this be moved to EoEO

Roto13
08-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Excuses

You are a hypocrite.

scrumpleberry
08-31-2008, 12:00 PM
guys srsly i think he's been bashed enough, he's got the point. Can we attack drink driving instead of him personally now? Mob mentality starting to get nasty...

Breine
08-31-2008, 01:39 PM
I think I talked in Edinburgh about how I find it strange how the police always raid parties over in the USA. I've been to many parties before, here in the UK, and the police have never turned up to a party unless they've been called by somebody at the party because of some trouble, like lots of fighting.etc

but I'm with MILF here - you can drink 1 beer without being over the legal limit and even that can affect the way you drive depending on your tolerence to alcohol, food you've eaten, the length of time before driving after the 1 drink.etc - You had 8 beers - You're very lucky that you made it home safely without injuring yourself , or anybody else.

I'm like Jess - I've never experiened a police raid either. And I've been to some pretty loco parties.

Also, I don't have a licence, which is probably the most awesome way to avoid driving drunk, but on the other hand I've been a passenger in some cars where there driver probably should not have been driving. I know, it's not clever but I've done it... and that's that as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, maybe I'm lucky that we didn't crash or something, but I was in on it since I agreed to be a passenger.. so the driver is not always the only one in on it.

Rantz
08-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Did anyone read the OP? DUI is not the topic, guys! And Montoya didn't ask for opinions on his behaviour, either.

I was at the birthday party of a 75 year old newly wed German professor who I did not know! The first thing he did to greet me was to empty his wallet and hand me all his money, about $60. It was pretty confusing as I didn't understand his explanation (it was in German). True story!

Roto13
08-31-2008, 04:25 PM
guys srsly i think he's been bashed enough, he's got the point.

No he doesn't. Read his excuses post.

cloud21zidane16
08-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Interesting story:)

A few weeks ago i was on holiday in malia with friends, the police are known to be very violent out there, even a lot of reps get arrested:eek: one night there was a fight going on in the street around the clubs.
We were all standing watching and laughing lol:p
The fight was getting more and more people involved and was starting to spread all around us.

Just as we went to leave about 20 police cars all turned up at once, police jumped out and started hitting and arresting people, even people who wernt involved:eep:

Where i was drunk, i turned round and noticed id been split up from friends and was standing right in the middle of everything, 2 policeman walked behind me, i thought theyd surely stop me if i started running so i stood as still as i could hoping they wouldnt grab me, i was so relieved when they ignored me and was straight out of that crowd as quick as i could:D

Leeza
08-31-2008, 05:15 PM
I would like everyone to stop modding this thread. I would also like everyone to stop with the topic that is not the topic of this thread. I think Montoya got the message loud and clear by now.

The topic is:

NeoTifa
08-31-2008, 05:51 PM
((seeing as the last couple of posts were their own adventures, i think they got that point already.... -_-))

my life isnt really adventurous. lol i work all the time. the most exciting thing ive done recently was.... well, they just increased my dosage of my anti-depressants, so i was in a state of insanity for a few days. me and the other dishtanker got into it (because i take pride in my work and do extra and he hates it or something idk hes dumb) and i wound up screaming and cussing and i think i pulled a knife on my manager. (a dull butterknife, mind you) lol i dont remember. theyve learned to ignore my random insanity spurts cuz they dont last that long. lol most adventurous thing lately.

Montoya
09-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Yes, I did get the message. Drinking under the influence was a mistake that I have committed once and hope never to again. If there is anything else that needs to be said, PM me.

Neotifa, why would you pull the butter knife on your manager? lol