PDA

View Full Version : superpowers

rubah
08-30-2008, 06:41 PM
I had an awesome dream this morning wherein I had three types of vision.

I had normal visible light vision with my eyes opened.

when I shut my eyes, I could see in infrared.

When I shut my eyes really hard, I could see another type of information. In my dream, there were these trees that had a blueish silvery substance they grew, so in squintivision, I could see green lines of trees, but also just wherever the pollen or whatever had gone.

It was so cool. I want three types of vision, but since we don't have those kinds of trees, I think I'd change it to something else. Maybe seeing soundwaves.

Aerith's Knight
08-30-2008, 07:09 PM
I doubt sleep would come very easily with those visions.

The only thing I want is to be able to fly..

..and breaking the fourth wall.

Moon Rabbits
08-30-2008, 07:17 PM
The ability to fly, yeah. Or the ability to stretch.

leader of mortals
08-30-2008, 08:20 PM
I would like to have the power to fly or the power of invisibility.

Old Manus
08-30-2008, 08:26 PM
A superhuman thirst for knowledge!

Vermachtnis
08-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Is Time Suspension a super power? Cause I would mess with people if I could stop time.

Heath
08-30-2008, 08:55 PM
The ability to control time would be excellent or being able to fly. Or teleportation, which might be a slightly more subtle way of getting around.

Arc_Master_14
08-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Xray Vision for those all important times where you absolutely have to see in the girls locker room.

Madame Adequate
08-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Xray Vision for those all important times where you absolutely have to see in the girls locker room.

"Mmm, boy, I'd sure love to get my hands on HER tibia!"

Moon Rabbits
08-30-2008, 09:35 PM
The ability to control time would be excellent or being able to fly. Or teleportation, which might be a slightly more subtle way of getting around.

If I couldn't get flying, I'd take the teleportation. Flying just is so much cooler to me.

Madame Adequate
08-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh, superpowers? Brane powers. Mind reading and control, telekinesis, etc.

Also the ability to read a book and absorb all the information by touching the cover for a couple of seconds.

And to know every language.

Blue Harvest
08-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Flying definitely. And control over fire.

qwertysaur
08-31-2008, 03:50 AM
Hydrokinesis. It would be great to control water in all it's forms. Also it would include the ability to turn myself into water, and hide in a body of water.

Another fun power would have to be rewriting reality. Anything is possible when you can change the laws of physics.

Jiro
08-31-2008, 04:18 AM
Pyrokinesis is a good one. Also, the ability to fly would be handy

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-31-2008, 05:05 AM
Flight with wings would be sweet as well as the ability to breathe underwater.

A superpower that'd be more me, would be healing. More like a Tayledras Healer-Adept from Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar books.

Momiji
08-31-2008, 06:08 AM
It's funny how everyone switched around their superpower of choice from last month's token 'which superpower do you wish you had' thread.

Since I used the hydrokinesis/aquamancy superpower last time, I'll try something different: I want to be able to manipulate the past, present, and future.

If I can't have that, being able put people to sleep and control their dreams would be awesome. I could put them in a state of eternal sleep with an endless nightmare. A fate worse than death. *maniacal laughter*

Jiro
08-31-2008, 06:21 AM
I didn't switch, Pyrokinesis has been my favourite super power since I was a kid. It was rekindled (lol pun) after the third (?) X-Men movie, where that kid clicks to make fire appear. Awesome :D

Big D
08-31-2008, 06:53 AM
Psychokinesis for me. Psychic manipulation of matter would enable everything from flying, to being virtually invulnerable, creating light and fire, and disaster relief or prevention. It'd be an extremely handy and diverse ability.

DMKA
08-31-2008, 07:03 AM
I would like the ability to cure homosexuality.

Shlup
08-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Next person to report DMKA's post gets five of their posts deleted! >:O

Let the man be as self-hating as he wants to be.

DMKA
08-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Next person to report DMKA's post gets five of their posts deleted! >:O

xD :love:

Yamaneko
08-31-2008, 08:01 AM

Coma
08-31-2008, 08:10 AM
The ability to have anything I want instantly microwaved to its proper temperature. God, I'd save hours at work (in a deli).

Dolentrean
08-31-2008, 09:17 AM
..and breaking the fourth wall.

I did that the other day, my girlfriend was very confused when I turned to nothing and started giving my thoughts on what was going on.

Jiro
08-31-2008, 09:19 AM
I didn't bother reporting DMKA, I assumed he's allowed to hate on himself like that :D

scrumpleberry
08-31-2008, 11:57 AM

"Mmm, boy, I'd sure love to get my hands on HER tibia!"

i lol'd

And to know every language.

Stole that off of me, betch ;)

Yeah, same as last time: awesome purple lightning power, every language and enhanced physical abilities. And...and the power to speak to dragons and unicorns :bigsmile:

Big D
08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
And...and the power to speak to dragons and unicorns :bigsmile::P Wouldn't that be a slightly redundant superpower, though? Since those animals don't exist? It'd be like that chap from the superhero spoof film who can turn invisible when no-one's looking at him...

scrumpleberry
08-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Since those animals don't exist?

not as far as you know :mog:

No but srsly mythological cratures are awesome, and in some hypothetical universe or mebbe another planet spawned by human imagination where they do exist, I think mythological creature communication would be excellent

I like escapism too much :( I can't help it, it's brilliant!

Roogle
08-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Clairvoyance is what I seek.

rubah
08-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Clairvoyance is what I possess.

fix'd

Krelian
08-31-2008, 06:41 PM
the ability to breathe underwater.
I had a dream about that once. Wasn't all that great though, so I'd rather have the ability to control time or teleport myself instantly anywhere I want. Flying may be more fun, but it's cold and takes more time.

Mitch
09-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I have a genuine super power.

My beer stays cold all night. Yeah the whole box. So I don't need to put it in the fridge to get stolen. I just sit on my box and pull one out from underneath me whenever necessary.

Yar
09-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I'd like to be able to travel through time, that way I could go into the past and smack some people for what they'll do in the present. >:/

Lawr
09-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Jumping! It's kind of like Teleportation, but it's different.

Watch Jumper and you'll know what I mean.

Araciel
09-02-2008, 02:24 PM
And...and the power to speak to dragons and unicorns :bigsmile::P Wouldn't that be a slightly redundant superpower, though? Since those animals don't exist? It'd be like that chap from the superhero spoof film who can turn invisible when no-one's looking at him...

I would think that it's redundant because they can already speak to humans, but there you go.

I'd want to be immune to all poisons and diseases.

Randgris
09-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I still stick with spontaneous/advanced cellular regeneration...

Croyles
09-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Being able to absorb other peoples superpowers!!
Yeah im no fun.

ReloadPsi
09-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I'd want the full arsenal of Time Magic from FFV, plus maybe a little bit of limited telekinesis so that I can do really cool clock hand-style motions with a pair of nunchucks when casting said Time Magic. I tell you, Time Mages should be able to use nunchucks.

Or the ability to communicate with animals, or make subtitles appear beneath me when speaking another language.

NeoTifa
09-03-2008, 01:48 AM
I had an awesome dream this morning wherein I had three types of vision.

I had normal visible light vision with my eyes opened.

when I shut my eyes, I could see in infrared.

When I shut my eyes really hard, I could see another type of information. In my dream, there were these trees that had a blueish silvery substance they grew, so in squintivision, I could see green lines of trees, but also just wherever the pollen or whatever had gone.

It was so cool. I want three types of vision, but since we don't have those kinds of trees, I think I'd change it to something else. Maybe seeing soundwaves.

i would feel quite sorry for you actually. what if you saw something you didnt want to see, and you cant close your eyes to block out the sight. say... youre on teh beach, and there is this really nasty fat chick wearing a revealing bikini..... *shudders* :eek:

Peegee
09-03-2008, 02:07 AM
The most realistic 'super power' I want is photographic memory.

A more 'outrageous' super power I would like to have is tactile memory. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not (likely 'not'), but I can't remember what things feel like if I'm not actively feeling it.

On that last note, I'd really like to be able to remember a series of events so vividly it would be as if I were experiencing it. Then I'd like, pay people or just wait for the most enjoyable experiences (usually sexual) and categorize them and just sit there drooling as I live them over and over.

Hedonism much?