PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Boosh

champagne supernova
08-31-2008, 11:30 PM
Has anyone else watched this series?
What are your thoughts?

Personally, I think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but that's just me.

scrumpleberry
08-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Saw the first 2 series, quite liked em ;o

Rostum
08-31-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm old Gregg! And I have a mangina!

Balzac
09-01-2008, 01:36 AM
I have every dvd, I love it.

Vyk
09-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Never heard of it. Something British? :(

Captain Maxx Power
09-01-2008, 02:17 AM
The thing that I don't like about the Mighty Boosh is that it assumes that just because something is odd or strange that automatically makes it funny. O look it's a fox that lives in a trash-pile, how hilarious! Hey look a guy who lives in the bottom of a lake who has a mangina, my sides are going to split! I get why it's meant to be funny, but the premise just grates on me. On occasion the script comes out with some really good one-liners, but the whole thing seems like an exercise in self-indulgent anti-humour.

Big D
09-01-2008, 02:27 AM
It's not my favourite, but I enjoy it by and large. Mainly for the banter. It's not often stupendously funny, but some of the dialogue makes up for it.

Maxx Power makes a good point, though, and there are times when I thoroughly agree. Boosh tries a little hard for pythonesque surrealism sometimes, but in reality you can't always get guaranteed lulz out of satsumas and hats.

Heath
09-01-2008, 09:38 AM
The thing that I don't like about the Mighty Boosh is that it assumes that just because something is odd or strange that automatically makes it funny. O look it's a fox that lives in a trash-pile, how hilarious! Hey look a guy who lives in the bottom of a lake who has a mangina, my sides are going to split! I get why it's meant to be funny, but the premise just grates on me. On occasion the script comes out with some really good one-liners, but the whole thing seems like an exercise in self-indulgent anti-humour.

Must admit I agree with this. All in all I find it to be one the most undeservedly overrated things popular comedies at the moment. There are some odd bits that are good, but Garth Marenghi's Darkplace did 'zany' and 'weird' humour better than this show, I think.

.:kerrod:.
09-01-2008, 10:59 AM
i also agree with Captain Maxx Power, but i still find it quite funny, i just love the general...feel of the show, even if it's not laugh-out-loud funny most of the time

Old Manus
09-01-2008, 11:27 AM
You love it you slags

Sergeant Hartman
09-01-2008, 11:30 AM
duh duh duhduh duh duh, duh duh duhduh duh duh, no wait I think it's on the other side.......duh duh duhduh duh duh

Big D
09-01-2008, 11:53 AM
In that respect, Howard Moon's something of a hero to me. There aren't enough jazz aficionado role-models these days:p

Boosh also wins big points for The Hitcher, crimping, and the Spirit of Jazz.

scrumpleberry
09-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Y'see, Cap'n, that's why I got a little tired of it after 2 series. It is good quality for what they do though.

Do you love me?
Are you playin' your love games with me,
I just want to know what to do, cause I need your love alot, oh come on now

best song ;o Ol' Gregg was pretty excellent.

Sergeant Hartman
09-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Have ya ever drank Bailey's from a shoe?

champagne supernova
09-01-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm not from England, and I'm one of the only people who rate it. How can you hate Charlie & Old Gregg.

"Come on everyone, gather around. No, not you naan bread."

& the Modwolves!!! It's genius.