PDA

View Full Version : Running 4 at once?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-01-2008, 06:24 PM
is having more than one virus protection good for a computer? my friend uses 3

ad adaware and spybot

i told her to use avg, now shes complaining avg is crashing her computer and stopping the other 2 anti viruses from running

is there an explanation out there?

crono_logical
09-01-2008, 06:30 PM
more than 1 is stupid, it slows your computer down needlessly, plus as your friend can see, they start to interfere with each other :p One decent one on it's own is best if you must run antivirus :p

Last time I checked though, Spybot and AdAware are not antivirus, they're antimalware :p

Rostum
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Some anti-virus won't even install unless you uninstall the existing one. But yeah, crono_logical said it; Ad-Aware and SpyBot aren't anti-virus programs.

Nominus Experse
10-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Just uninstall all the others you have and use AVG and Spybot and tell your friend to shut up

Jessweeee♪
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I just use AVG and some firefox add-ons :p

Peegee
10-05-2008, 05:07 PM
more than 1 is stupid, it slows your computer down needlessly, plus as your friend can see, they start to interfere with each other :p One decent one on it's own is best if you must run antivirus :p

Last time I checked though, Spybot and AdAware are not antivirus, they're antimalware :p

I have clamwin and avg running simultaneously. I agree I'm wasting cycles but neither program is that intrusive as to cause a noticeable lag.

I think I keep clamwin for its tendency not to get compromised by viruses -- every time I actually have to clean somebody's computer, clamwin installs without problem and have saved me(us). It deserves to sit on my computer.

I'm a dork.