PDA

View Full Version : Picking up this game for the first time.

Goldenboko
09-01-2008, 11:28 PM
I've actually had it for a while, but for some reason, have failed to play it.

Now, I have no idea which classes are good (DS verisions), any recommendations :O

Yar
09-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Balance is the key! :gobo:

It's not wise to have four black mages, nor is it good to be all warriors.

There are some jobs that are basically part 2's to other jobs, like Devout is to White Mage. Some jobs I never used, didn't find them useful. Dragoons and Sages are great, as well as Ninjas.

Zeromus_X
09-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Different classes are useful at different times. You may want to experiment from time to time, although generally a two mage-two fighter team is pretty effective. At different parts of the story the game makes it apparent that a certain job will be effective, and switching to that job temporarily will be quite helpful for a certain dungeon or boss.

Goldenboko
09-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Few questions.

Does Monk suck in this game?
Are certain people better for certain jobs? (Ex. In FFV Galuf made a better Fighter then Mage)

Sir Lancealot
09-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Few questions.

Does Monk suck in this game?
No, just make sure to cheek if weapons or bare fists do more damage
Are certain people better for certain jobs? (Ex. In FFV Galuf made a better Fighter then Mage)No, each job has cetain stats for every level.

Zeromus_X
09-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Monks start off pretty good, start to dwindle, then get alot better when you get access to Black Belt. Although, they changed it so you get Black Belt alot later in the DS version, if I remember correctly.

And Galuf makes a fine mage. Admittedly I only make him a mage so I can get Krile to become a White Mage, but that is besides the point.

Goldenboko
09-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Monks start off pretty good, start to dwindle, then get alot better when you get access to Black Belt. Although, they changed it so you get Black Belt alot later in the DS version, if I remember correctly.

And Galuf makes a fine mage. Admittedly I only make him a mage so I can get Krile to become a White Mage, but that is besides the point.

...:p

What in the world do Job Levels do for me? :o

Sir Lancealot
09-02-2008, 01:52 AM
They increase crit hit chance, number of attacks, spell damage and monks and BB bare hand attack.

Goldenboko
09-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Oh, sweet.

Black Mages are Beasts in this game @_@

EDIT: What exactly does "Advance" do?

Sir Lancealot
09-02-2008, 02:32 AM
Advance causes your warrior to deal more damage for that turn, but decreaes defence. Another thing that job level does is increase the effectiveness most jobs skills.

ahmedwali
03-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Hello,
I would be picking up final fantasy i first played when i was a kid and it was really good.

Crimson
03-13-2009, 05:59 PM
FYI, this goes for any FF in general, but ESPECIALLY for FFIII.

SAVE.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS SAVE.

Seriously, some enemies and a number of bosses in this game will really keep you on your feet.

Quindiana Jones
04-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Save before a dungeon or anywhere. But most importantly dungeons. Then go in and explore and get all the items. Then leave, sleep at an Inn, go back, save outside and go all the way through as fast as possible, ignoring all fights, in order to get to the boss.

That's what I did. Meeting a boss with post-exploration health and MP is not good.

Incidentally, I found a neat way to level up jobs super fast. Just have everyone guard (or steal and defend) for about 8 rounds, occasionally healing when needed, and then kill the last monster.