PDA

View Full Version : I should have been gay...

Wolf Kanno
09-02-2008, 08:46 AM
This starts with an interesting tale. My girlfriend has this guy friend who... I'll be honest, is pretty flaming even if he never says anything about it. I talked to him a few times but I never physically met him until a month ago. We chatted for a bit and he's a pretty cool guy.

A few days ago, he finally came out that he was bi to my GF, which surprised no one. He also said that he wanted to jump my damn bones and plow me into the sheets. She laughed and told me later and I laughed about it as well. I have no problem with men finding me attractive and flirting with me. I actually find it quite flattering.

The only thing that bothers me about this whole thing was that I came to the realization that I have had at least 3X more men in my life, hit on me or say they wanted to jump my bones, than I ever had women say anything. Somehow this makes me sad :( Women don't seem to care for me but apparently men think I'm hot and sexy. Course I also reason that I come off as gay and perhaps this is my true dilemma. I would be having so much more action if I was gay right now... :mad:

So who else would probably be seeing more action if they found the same sex attractive and anyone who is homosexual can join along by saying how much action they would get if they found the opposite sex attractive. ;)

Badge
09-02-2008, 10:41 AM
The big question is do you want bum sex? You say you like it when guys flirt and find you attractive but that's only natural I lvoeit when girls flirt with me ;)

Vyk
09-02-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm the same. Rare that girls ever really even notice me xD They almost never make the first move on me. Had a really awkward situation where a gay guy got a little fixated on me and tried to turn me. So I can't say my life would have been any better if I were gay. 'Cause that guy certainly wouldn't have been my type. But I do have one or two close gay friends that have boosted my confidense in the past :]

Momiji
09-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm a straight male and I flirt with everyone, regardless of gender-- though when I flirt with guys it's just a joke, of course. It doesn't mean I want to buttsex you. Eww, not my thing at all.

Old Manus
09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Well, guys are more likely to tell a straight guy that they want to 'jump on their bones' (what), because they already know the outcome.

Araciel
09-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Women are seldom the aggressor. The end.

Yar
09-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Meh. When a guy hits on me, for some reason I feel flattered :), not disgusted or angry :mad2:.

It's like "WOW! Someone noticed me!" :whoa:

Roto13
09-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Everyone who meets me tries to get in my pants.

Araciel
09-02-2008, 07:52 PM

"tries"?

Bunny
09-02-2008, 08:41 PM
I smell a threesome.

Yar
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
I smell a threesome.

What does that smell like? :Oo:

Araciel
09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Ho ho that's way too easy and I'll get way too banned if I reply.

Denmark
09-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I mostly attract the ladies. This pleases me. Doesn't happen as often as I'd like, but what are you going to do?

Levian
09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I've never received a compliment from a gay before, but it can't possibly be worse than getting compliments from hot girls in the friend zone. "Whoever gets you will be very lucky" "Why are you still single?" If I'm that awesome then why don't you date me you stupid hag! :mad2:

Bunny
09-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I would totally let you make love to my rear end if I were gay, Levian.

Levian
09-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Is it ok if I call you Leslie?

Bunny
09-03-2008, 12:10 AM
You can call me whatever you like.

Roto13
09-03-2008, 12:46 AM
I've never received a compliment from a gay before,

Well I think you're adorable like a puppy. :cool:

Peegee
09-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Your dilemma is not accurate. Girls simply will not (in general) (explicitly) announce their willingness to sex you up. I'm not sure if I would prefer that they do or not (I'm siding with 'not' tentatively) , but rest assured if you are attractive enough, they are giving hints left and right.

ps: 'a gay' ?

ReloadPsi
09-03-2008, 12:59 AM
I consider myself bi due to certain attractions and paraphilias that I have (which I will say are very strange, but I assure you totally legal, and I've told almost nobody other than others who share such kinks) but couldn't possibly do the buttsex; the idea is repulsive to me plus that would disqualify me from donating blood. Also I became a lot less open about it when people I could not freakin' stand (alright fine, one person I couldn't stand and another who was just being a total tease) kept flirting with me and even convinced themselves we were in a goddamned relationship. These days I'm only bisexual on paper... the world isn't made of paper though, so outwardly I'm pretty much asexual.

That aside, I've always believed bisexuality to be a very natural thing, and in general society tends to re-shape people towards straight or gay. Being "bi on paper" I can't understand what would make guys have no interest in women or make the gals have no interest in men, but meh. I don't think there's anything wrong with someone liking both genders because for some reason I think we're originally supposed to. Not sure why.

Incidentally, the Spartans that the movie 300 chronicles the events of were (supposedly) bisexual and totally hot for each other; made them fight better apparently. I think a bunch of Alexander The Great's men were meant to be like that too. Can't remember though.

So yeah. Nothing wrong with liking the same sex. If some kind of vague social stigma makes you find it wrong, just keep it quiet and don't act on it. It's your decision to make. Just don't sleep with your openly gay classmate and then deny that you yourself are gay :p

Oh yeah, and in response to the actual issue originally raised: yeah, more guys have claimed to like me than girls, though more than one of said guys later came to believe it was more of a "big brother figure" thing than a romantic/sexual attraction. Most of the girls who have "liked" me were usually just girls in school trying to piss me off, thinking I would believe them and let them tease me into a false sense of security. Or maybe I kept blowing off girls with a genuine interest in me. Ah crap...

Captain Maxx Power
09-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Yes we're all gay, chortle, lol, lmao, sexual innuedo etc. etc. blah blah. :rolleyes2

I get what you mean though. I think it's just because women don't usually push themselves onto others as much as guys do. Also I'll be honest, if a gay guy ever hits on me the first thing I don't think is "I'm so flattered". Usually it's "God damn I better make it clear I'm straight pronto". Not that I'm homophobic, I just...don't want to get fondled by other men.

ReloadPsi
09-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Not that I'm homophobic, I just...don't want to get fondled by other men.

I know what you mean; once I knew a gay man who would inappropriately fondle straight men who didn't freakin' want him to. Made me sick. Hell, if a straight man does that to a woman who doesn't want him to, it's sexual harrassment, so how was that not?

NeoTifa
09-03-2008, 01:30 AM
my old bff who was like a sister to me turned lezzi. my mom claims that shes been wierd from the start and tried to hint to me. i was wondering why she was always tryna cuddle w/ me and such. *shudders* i still didnt get it i guess. i didnt get it until she straight out asked me out. i had to make it clear that i was straight, and thought of her as a sister. she never talked to me since (well, once, and i asked her why she never messages me, she says it because i broke her heart)

Peegee
09-03-2008, 02:09 AM

I know what you mean; once I knew a gay man who would inappropriately fondle straight men who didn't freakin' want him to. Made me sick. Hell, if a straight man does that to a woman who doesn't want him to, it's sexual harrassment, so how was that not?

It's not, and I would make it very clear by hurting the person beyond what is deemed 'self defence'.

Big D
09-03-2008, 03:07 AM
I get attention from men more often than from women, too. Flattering, and a confidence boost, but largely futile.

DMKA
09-03-2008, 03:22 AM
Guys constantly want to have sex with me.

;___;

rubah
09-03-2008, 03:32 AM
I don't typically get hit on by girls much 8)

Shlup
09-03-2008, 03:39 AM
I've got your solution right here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU)

Moon Rabbits
09-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Women are seldom the aggressor. The end.

Your dilemma is not accurate. Girls simply will not (in general) (explicitly) announce their willingness to sex you up.

Yup. Usually it is the man who asks the girl out, is it not? This is not a problem for queer people, so generally I'd say it's a lot more obvious if they're wanting to jump your bones. Also, jump your bones is the best phrase EVER.

Incidentally, the Spartans that the movie 300 chronicles the events of were (supposedly) bisexual and totally hot for each other; made them fight better apparently. I think a bunch of Alexander The Great's men were meant to be like that too. Can't remember though.

I've always heard that Alexander the Great was just plain gay. Apparently he had a lot of under aged boy toys ._.;

No ... that guy is an idiot and that is mos def sexual harassment nonetheless.

As for the topic, I rarely run into gay men and because of this I'm hit on more often by women. Usually, I politely tell them I'm not interested ... although I've had to be a little more clear a few times. Once I told a girl to come back once she grew a penis because she would not leave me alone ; - ;

Whenever I'm on the bus or in a store or what have you and I notice a girl checking me out, I'm always reminded of that MC Hammer song ...

edit: I'd also like to point out that "buttsex" doesn't define gay sex as some of you seem to think~ Many gay men don't have anal sex at all.

DMKA
09-03-2008, 04:07 AM

I hate you so much right now for posting that.

Shlup
09-03-2008, 04:23 AM
Don't worry, it'll be out of your head in a few days.

Montoya
09-03-2008, 05:49 AM
I don't know, I usually get a moderate amount of attention from women, and maybe one guy a day. Except for today, after getting a hair cut and wearing my best set of clothes and putting my best cologne I was getting looks left and right. Great confidence booster...or maybe my cologne was too strong? :D

My manager at work is a closet bi and I can swear he has a crush on me. Oh well, I get a lot of hours of work anyways. :p

ReloadPsi
09-03-2008, 11:54 AM
edit: I'd also like to point out that "buttsex" doesn't define gay sex as some of you seem to think~ Many gay men don't have anal sex at all.

I'm glad there are some people out there who actually get that. "How can you be bi if you won't have sex with men?" It's ridiculous. It just happens to be the something I would never ever do.

Big D
09-03-2008, 12:49 PM

I'm glad there are some people out there who actually get that. "How can you be bi if you won't have sex with men?" It's ridiculous. It just happens to be the something I would never ever do.I'm curious... for people who are attracted to both genders, but who aren't at all interested in sexual relations with one gender - how does that impact on their relationships and attractions with people of that gender? I'm aware that buttsex isn't the end-all and be-all of male same-sex intimacy, of course, but I'm still interested to learn how people reconcile an attraction to a person with an absence of sexual desire for them.

Roto13
09-03-2008, 05:25 PM

There there. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZGZ2NSxs4)

Dolentrean
09-03-2008, 05:41 PM

I quote this for two resons, one to testify to the fact that it is true.

The second reson is to say: LIEK OMG MEH TOO!

Momiji
09-03-2008, 10:31 PM

I'm glad there are some people out there who actually get that. "How can you be bi if you won't have sex with men?" It's ridiculous. It just happens to be the something I would never ever do.

I meant it as a joke when I said it. >_>

Laddy
09-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Meh, I'm a pretty awesome looking guy, if I do say so myself. I have more girls than dudes compliment me, but I enjoy it all the same.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/theurgencyofficial/ugly.jpg
I am not gorgeous?

DMKA
09-04-2008, 03:31 AM

I've actually had that song on my MP3 for the last six months or so.

:(

Roto13
09-04-2008, 04:08 AM
I thought you loathed that kind of thing. xP

Moon Rabbits
09-04-2008, 04:13 AM

I've actually had that song on my MP3 for the last six months or so.

:(

First RuPaul and now this! Tsk, tsk, not what I expected from you at all. Although, I approve of both :cool:

ReloadPsi
09-04-2008, 09:52 PM

I'm glad there are some people out there who actually get that. "How can you be bi if you won't have sex with men?" It's ridiculous. It just happens to be the something I would never ever do.I'm curious... for people who are attracted to both genders, but who aren't at all interested in sexual relations with one gender - how does that impact on their relationships and attractions with people of that gender? I'm aware that buttsex isn't the end-all and be-all of male same-sex intimacy, of course, but I'm still interested to learn how people reconcile an attraction to a person with an absence of sexual desire for them.

Quite some time ago one of my best friends, who was gay, would get very affectionate and, if we were both drunk enough, we would actually grab hold of each other in ways that would make people believe we were in fact an item. We weren't, we were just two close friends who knew how to put on a bit of a show :p

I also once fell in love with one of my male friends who was straight (at least I think I did). Closest I ever got to expressing that was a hug (make that falling into his arms crying, I was talking about a lot of personal problems), and it was enough. He was none the wiser until I admitted said feelings to him about six months later.

Saying all that, for all I can't bring myself to get naked and have sex with a guy, I have equal disinterest in doing the same thing with a girl too, yet feel identical affections for them. Okay, the spoiler tag wasn't necessary until you consider how shocked people act when I tell them this, as though the fact I just don't give a crap about having sex is a major twist ^^

Randgris
09-04-2008, 11:09 PM
If someone gave me a compliment (or tried flirting) regardless of gender, I would be flattered. It makes me feel, attractive. I don't mind.