PDA

View Full Version : Spekkio

Marky Tee
09-02-2008, 11:07 AM
can this guy be beaten?
ive been trying for a few solid hours now and cant seem to beat him
he is in his big blue muscle man form and nothing else ive fought so far in the game has given me any trouble

you guys got anything?

Wolf Kanno
09-06-2008, 03:50 AM
Well, the obvious would be to level until you get everyone's final abilities, and then proceed to spam them. Another really cheap way is to use a party with Lucca and Robo in it which you can spam their Duel Tech Double Bomb but it requires a bit of party placement cause you need Robo closest to Spekkio.

Is this your first time through? What are your levels and a party choices?

NeoCracker
09-06-2008, 09:29 PM
If you haven't been using your magic tabs, pile them all onto Robo.

At decent levels with high Magic, his Heal Beam will heal your party by around 500+, making it easy to keep your life maxed.

That leaves your other two members, preferably those with your highest Magic, to wail on him.

Marky Tee
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
my characters are mostly at level 46 except for crono at 48 and magus at 43
i didnt realy want to level any more as i thought his form changed as you level up so i wanted to beat him in this form first
my main choices have been crono lucca and magus but ive tried using all the characters against him

no magic tabs left and robos is pretty weak lol

Wolf Kanno
09-11-2008, 06:16 AM
He does have one more form but if memory serves me correct you need some pretty high levels to counter them. Do you have Rainbow Vests or Moon Armor yet?

Marky Tee
09-11-2008, 10:01 AM
nope and nope
take it there must haves?

Wolf Kanno
09-15-2008, 06:21 AM
nope and nope
take it there must haves?

Not exactly but they do help. Where are you exactly in the game?

Marky Tee
09-15-2008, 02:51 PM
ive completed all the story parts of the game and am just taking on the side quests now

Jowy
09-15-2008, 05:49 PM
If you're having difficulty with Masa&Mune form, good luck with the Nu form at level 99. 8-)

Marky Tee
09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
in my defence im only at around level 48

scrumpleberry
09-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Check out the Spekkio bit on the main site.

Wolf Kanno
09-16-2008, 03:24 AM
The Nova Armor is found in the special chest (the ones you need to use the pendant to open) in the broken manor on the main continent to the far east on the world map. If you go there in 600 A.D. and try to open them, you get a message asking if you want to open them now. Say no and open them in 1000 A.D. instead. The Nova Armor transforms into the Moon armor. The Rainbow Dress/Vests are acquired at the end of the Rainbow Shell quest.

These are the best armors in the game for your party and should help in defeating Spekkio...

... and yes he is a total asshole in his final form.

Spatvark
09-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Masa&Mune is tough enough, until you're well into your fifties, I'd say, but since Spekkio stays in that form all the way up to lv.98, there's plenty of time to fight him in New Game +. The Red Nu on the other hand, is just a plain arsehole of a fight, unless you go for the Frog Flare tactic mentioned up on the front site, and even then, it's still far from easy.

Jowy
09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
I just spammed Marle and Robo's all-effect heals, Lifeline, and slowly whittled away at him.

theundeadhero
09-26-2008, 12:16 AM
He is beatable at every form, from the first time you see him through his red spekkio form. It's just usually not easy :p

I prefer either Crono or Magus as a party member with all magic tabs on them, then Froggy and Cavegirl in the party for their healing double tech.

Skyblade
12-02-2008, 05:41 PM
From what I remember, the red Nu form wasn't that hard. He had a set attack pattern, of a level 2 magic attack that targeted your whole party, followed by an attack that reduced your HP to 1. I would have my healers do nothing after the magic attack, so that they would be ready and waiting to full heal me after his 1 HP attack. Frog and Robo with their full party heals work well, but Double Tech heals work also. This leaves you with only one party member to damage Spekkio, but that should be plenty, especially if you make use of the Gold/Silver Studs.