PDA

View Full Version : Demo to be sold separately from from Advent Children?

Roto13
09-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Final Fantasy XIII demo may be sold separately - PS3 Fanboy (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/02/final-fantasy-xiii-demo-may-be-sold-separately/)

I still don't pay money for game demos.

scrumpleberry
09-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Balls. They won't make much money if they do that, surely?

Yar
09-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Smurf that. I'm not spending money on a demo. I'll survive and wait for the actual game. ;)

Roto13
09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
For serious. :P It's not like PS360 games aren't expensive enough.

Dreddz
09-02-2008, 07:10 PM
I think people are forgetting that this isn't a regular demo lasting for 10 minutes. Its a 2 hour demo. Something I'd maybe pay up to £5 for. If its very cheap then I'd say this is definitely in my favor considering I wouldn't of bought Advent Children.

Elskidor
09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
When is this sucker being released anyway?

Pete for President
09-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Lame...

Raebus
09-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Keep on milking, SE.

Depression Moon
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
It doesn't really matter to me as I probably still won't have a PS3 by that time. If I did have one and the demo was only $5 then I would pay for it because I don't really like Advent Children and I don't see why I should buy it again to play a demo

Hyperion4444
09-03-2008, 12:14 AM
This won't be happening.
More false Rumor.

EDIT: I mean, come on! They can't be serious about this!

a random ninja
09-03-2008, 07:06 AM
how the crap do you know? anyway, following the link back to finalfantasyxiii.net and reading the other bits of info from that interview, each character having their own summon in agito is kinda cool, but kinda cheesy too...it makes me think of digimon.

Hyperion4444
09-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Maybe it'll be better off this way, instead of me buying the full FFVII:ACC BD, I'll save money only buying the demo instead.

a random ninja
09-03-2008, 03:35 PM
yeah, so far i don't even have a ps3, but i think i'll be getting one next month...i dunno, if the demo's only a few bucks i might get it. i don't think i'll be getting advent children complete anyway, so if it is still packaged in with that over here in the states it won't really matter much to me.

Nifleheim7
09-03-2008, 06:21 PM
So,is it going to be included with FFAC BD and also sold separately or only sold separately?:confused:
(I was going to buy FFAC BD anyway. )

a random ninja
09-03-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah i don't think anyone knows for sure yet...we'll just have to wait and see.

Wolf Kanno
09-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't have a PS3 nor did I like AC. So I'm a bit screwed in this regard anyway. Luckily I do have friends who like the things I don't and I can finally see how this game works cause the only thing I'm interested in about XIII is its combat system. I don't mind cause it does seem silly to be releasing a demo with a super ultra special addition movie that was released 3 years ago. At least previous demo's were generally released with SE games.

On the bright side I can also read up on it when every game magazine and their mother posts their thoughts on the demo like they did when the XII demo came out. :eep:

a random ninja
09-03-2008, 07:49 PM
let's hope this one doesn't blow like the XII demo did.

Roto13
09-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Seriously. I almost didn't buy Final Fantasy XII because I hated the demo. Then I impulse bought it on launch day (don't ask me why I would buy a game I'm like 99% sure I'm going to hate) and when I started playing it I realized how much better it was than the demo. :P I wouldn't be surprised if that demo hurt sales a lot more than it helped them.

Bolivar
09-06-2008, 09:34 PM
this is supposed to be like... a realllllly long demo, though. If it's a few bucks, yeah i'll pick it up, maybe if it came with a magazine or something I'd for sure get it, but it is a little shady - why not just release it on the PSN Store/XBL?

Wolf Kanno
09-07-2008, 07:15 PM
this is supposed to be like... a realllllly long demo, though. If it's a few bucks, yeah i'll pick it up, maybe if it came with a magazine or something I'd for sure get it, but it is a little shady - why not just release it on the PSN Store/XBL?

It is pretty odd not to have it as a download. Course it seems like SE is pretty hesitant to put anything on the download market and I'm pretty sure placing it on a disc will give them the excuse to jack up the price. :rolleyes2

Vivisteiner
09-07-2008, 07:35 PM
The reason the FFXII demo sucked was because they made it in a rush, and made the combat miss tons of key elements (gambits!). It didnt have depth either.

I might just get the demo straight, unless if the Ac is a better bargain.

Vyk
09-07-2008, 07:40 PM
If its only like a dollar or two I'll probably go in for it..

Hyperion4444
09-07-2008, 09:35 PM
What's the point buying a 30$ something BD for FFVII:AC if you only want the demo?
If it's 10$ or less, that would make me save alot of money.

Serapy
09-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Unique is successful as usual.

Raebus
09-07-2008, 10:28 PM
What's the point buying a 30$ something BD for FFVII:AC if you only want the demo?

I'd ask a similar question, which is "What's the point in buying Advent Children again when you already own it?" to the fans but I already know the answer.

Hyperion4444
09-08-2008, 12:33 AM

I'd ask a similar question, which is "What's the point in buying Advent Children again when you already own it?" to the fans but I already know the answer.

To own the BD version of it, viewing it in clear HD and having extra content. They've added more lenght to the movie, that's why it's called complete rather than just AC. Plus videos of XIII&Versus&Agito. And a few more features like FFXIII's Demo if it's ever going to be included.
For thoses die-hard FFVII:AC Fans out there.

I know no one as of yet who's willing to splash more cash for that.
If a cheaper stand-alone demo of FFXIII get's out, that's what I'll buy.

Raebus
09-08-2008, 12:43 AM
If its like 10 extra minutes then forget it, I'm not buying it. If by chance they've actually provided a story or at least filled it out A LOT Then I might not scoff at the idea of buying the same film again.

I can see videos of XIII, Versus and Agito on my laptop.

Roto13
09-08-2008, 02:05 AM
It's going to be longer than Advent Children itself. :P

Big D
09-08-2008, 02:26 AM
People paid good money for the 'Prologue' edition of Gran Turismo 3 and 4, since they were pretty big demos that matched most complete racing games for content. While I'd never pay for an FF demo - or any other demo - I can see why a playable FFXIII demo would do well. It'd make up for some of the endless delays, and it'd let people talk about the gameplay properly before it comes out. That seems to be an increasingly big part of game marketing these days, ensuring that public or journalists have a change to experience the gameplay for themselves before hand.

a random ninja
09-08-2008, 06:07 AM
just like everyone bought crackdown just for the halo 3 demo (can't say i'm not guilty)...but crackdown actually turned out to be a really fun game, though...but this is different. sure, AC:C has some extra stuff, but at it's core it's still just a rerelease. i personally wouldn't shell out the cash for the movie just to play the demo, but i'd consider buying the demo if it was only a few bucks. i guess we'll just have to see how things turn out.

Coma
09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
I'll probably buy the AC complete. Despite owning AC already. I personally, have to own everything, I have a strong collector mentality, so those 10-15 minutes are a big deal to me. And hell, its a FFXIII demo.

Hyperion4444
09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
People paid good money for the 'Prologue' edition of Gran Turismo 3 and 4, since they were pretty big demos that matched most complete racing games for content. While I'd never pay for an FF demo - or any other demo - I can see why a playable FFXIII demo would do well. It'd make up for some of the endless delays, and it'd let people talk about the gameplay properly before it comes out. That seems to be an increasingly big part of game marketing these days, ensuring that public or journalists have a change to experience the gameplay for themselves before hand.

Well said.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

LunarWeaver
09-18-2008, 10:55 PM
I would totally slap money down for this because I'm a robot-zombie for this series! Besides, Square does everything that I would do if I owned the company. I want to support their decision to be a greedy son of a gun!

The Crystal
09-23-2008, 02:23 AM
If its like 10 extra minutes then forget it, I'm not buying it.

It's 30 minutes of new scenes.

Pencoin/Choas
09-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Meh, not bothered getting AC.

VeloZer0
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
If its like 10 extra minutes then forget it, I'm not buying it.

It's 30 minutes of new scenes.

Are we talking 30 minutes of awesome fight scenes or 30 minutes of characters trying to look conflicted through awkward silences in conversations that don't even make sense?

Roogle
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Final Fantasy XIII has lacked the coverage provided to other games in the series so far, so this demo will give the public a chance to see what the game is about in some form; however, I feel that charging for an incomplete product is inappropriate.

tidus_rox
10-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I think I will still buy ACC

Exdeath
10-11-2008, 09:36 PM
One word: Yarr
'tis all I'm saying about obtaining the demo.

Wolf Kanno
10-12-2008, 06:04 AM
One word: Yarr
'tis all I'm saying about obtaining the demo.

Lol :rsl: