PDA

View Full Version : Diet Pop

Yar
09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
So, I recently tried to stop drinking pop, because I think I'm getting fat. Everyone else disagrees, but whatever. :mad:

But I drink so much Dr. Pepper. Screw cannabis and LSD, Dr. Pepper is my drug! :p But I don't want to just go cold turkey. :(

Now, while Diet Dr. Pepper isn't exactly the best thing I should be drinking, it is better than regular. The taste isn't exactly the same, but it's a lot closer than Diet Pepsi is to Pepsi. :)

Do you prefer a Diet drink to its regular counterpart? What's your poison?

Breine
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't drink soda/pop/whatever that much so when I finally do I don't really care whether it's diet or not. I just drink whatever's there.. so I guess I like both versions equally in a way?

Anyway, my poisons are definitely chocolate and cigarettes.

Sergeant Hartman
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
I can honestly never taste the difference.

Zeldy
09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
OH MY GOD, DR PEPPER LIGHT IS ACTUALLY FOUL AND I LOVE DR PEPPER AND GO THROUGH ABOUT 9 CANS A DAY. jksahakjrdhjsfhjhf

Diet-anything is a load of crap that tastes nothing like the original, you do know that they're full of sweeteners, don't you? they're actually worse.

Dr Pepper, cigs and alcohol are my poisons. Since starting college, the amount of Dr Pepper I am consuming is laughable, I think today I had 2 bottles and 2 cans..

Yar
09-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Dr Pepper, cigs and alcohol are my poisons. Since starting college, the amount of Dr Pepper I am consuming is laughable, I think today I had 2 bottles and 2 cans.. 09-02-2008 03:51 PM

You and I are so similar! I drink WAY TOO much Dr. Pepper. So much that if I don't drink any, I go into caffeine withdrawals. :Oo:

I don't smoke though. :p

I Don't Need A Name
09-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Diet Coke > Coke
i almost threw up when i drank a bottle of normal cake

Cookie
09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
My main one right now is alcohol. My mum doesn't mind me drinking it or buying it for me, so yeah, I've been having a fair amount. I think I've had like, thirty something cans of lager amongst other things since the Sunday before last, but I was on holiday last week so whatever.

My old one was coke. I stopped drinking coke because I was having ridiculous amounts, up to 10 cans a day, almost daily. My mum was watching that Ten Years Younger thing, and there was a woman whose teeth just started falling out of her gums because she was drinking some stupid number of bottles of diet coke every day.

We now usually get bottles of water, which are healthier. They're also handy for taking to work. We still sometimes get coke, but it's not around for long when we do.

Edit: oh and diet drinks taste like fail, you tools.

Heath
09-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't tend to drink fizzy drinks when I'm at home, only when I'm out. Particularly out at the pub when I tend to drink coke but I don't really drink. I can taste the difference between diet coke and normal coke. I don't dislike diet coke, I just prefer the latter. However, I do tend to drink bottles of water if I need a drink when I'm out (if it's priced reasonably). At work, I take a bottle of orange juice with me.

Poisons? Crisps really. Could do with cutting them out when I have a packet day, sometimes two.

Araciel
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I have cut pop from my daily intake completely... Now if only I could do the same for alcohol, I might be healthy.

rubah
09-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Coke Zero is my poison. I have a fridge full of diet dr. pepper right now.

Stu and I made a promise to one another that we wouldn't let each other order non-diet drinks when we go out to restaurants or to lunch in cafeterias, and we've done pretty good with that. Sometimes I break down and get sweet tea and sometimes he gets mountain dew, but normally we're pretty well on the wagon.

Marshall Banana
09-03-2008, 12:15 AM
I hate diet soda. >=O

I used to be addicted to Mountain Dew, but I stopped drinking it for the sake of my teeth. I replaced Mountain Dew with Sam*s Choice CLEAR AMERICAN STRAWBERRY Naturally Flavored Sparkling Water Beverage (With Other Natural Flavors).

~*~Celes~*~
09-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Diet Mountain Dew is pretty snazzy, methinks :heart:

Bunny
09-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Cyanide is my poison.

ReloadPsi
09-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Diet Coke tastes different to Coca Cola, and Pepsi Max tastes one hell of a lot different to normal Pepsi. In fact I prefer the "Diet" counterparts to each.

Any other drink that is not a cola variation, I would not drink the diet version. It's never as good... usually flavourless.

Peegee
09-03-2008, 12:51 AM
I just don't buy pop if I can help it. But coca cola is so sweet it's yummy.

If you want some unsolicited advice, switch to kool aid or something that is low in calories and is mixed into water.

rubah
09-03-2008, 12:59 AM
crystal light or sugarfree koolaid or tea sweetened with splenda or equal or flavored water like monda monda said

ReloadPsi
09-03-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm not sure if Koolaid is sold in Britain.

Neither is Easy Mac.

NeoTifa
09-03-2008, 02:30 AM
im a mountain-dew-aholic. i am trying weight watchers, and drank diet pepsi today instead on md.......... i died a little on the inside....

Roto13
09-03-2008, 02:34 AM
Diet cola tastes watered down. Blech.

Most other diet pops are fine, though.

Momiji
09-03-2008, 03:04 AM
I replaced Mountain Dew with Sam*s Choice CLEAR AMERICAN STRAWBERRY Naturally Flavored Sparkling Water Beverage (With Other Natural Flavors).

That stuff is awesome. How can something that tastes so good have no calories whatsoever? :heart:

I don't really drink soda at all.

My 'poison' is most fruit juices. High fructose corn syrup isn't good for you at all, but I just can't resist.

Yar
09-03-2008, 03:41 AM
My 'poison' is most fruit juices. High fructose corn syrup isn't good for you at all, but I just can't resist.

Lots of juices have 100% natural alternatives. I drink 100% natural cranberry juice. :cool:

Caraliz
09-03-2008, 07:17 AM
I adore diet pop. Since moving in with my boyfriend, I've broken my full calorie cola celibacy of about 6 years or so; I was drinking diet soda only. But since I've moved in with him we drink mainly iced tea, kool aid, gatorade, and full calorie soda, though I drink that less. At work, I get complementary beverages so I sometimes drink dr. pepper but usually I get diet pepsi... I might start bringing tea to work though 'cos calories lol.

But if I lived alone I would solely get diet soda. I love the taste of it and I love how it doesn't feel gross on my teeth afterwards like full calorie soda. Also ew high fructose corn syrup.

Kirobaito
09-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Coke Zero. But only out of a can. I can't drink the stuff out of the bottle, and I don't think a fountain variety exists yet. But out of a can and chilled, tastes exactly the same as regular Coke to me, except no calories.

Caraliz
09-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Coke Zero. But only out of a can. I can't drink the stuff out of the bottle, and I don't think a fountain variety exists yet. But out of a can and chilled, tastes exactly the same as regular Coke to me, except no calories.
There is definitely one in a fountain variety, I seen it in Chicago at White Castle! Which was delicious.

Also my posion is fattys and j's