PDA

View Full Version : MGS ?s (SPOILERS)

arcanedude34
09-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Everyone who plays these games must have SOME kind of questions, they're so damn confusing. This thread can be used to ask any MGS-related ?s you may have.

Mine is this- does the difficulty setting of the first game affect how difficult it is to save Meryl? I know in MGS2 the difficulty affected the 02 quage on top of Arsenal at the end, but I'm not sure on this one. I ask because I've never been able to save her, and I want infinite ammo and the tux. : P

Coma
09-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Well, yeah. Reduced health makes that a bit more challenging.

ReloadPsi
09-03-2008, 12:38 AM
On Easy mode, you get three shocks from the torture chamber, four shocks on Normal, five shocks on Hard and six shocks on Extreme. Your life is automatically fully recharged every time you get tortured (both before and after) and no matter what difficulty you're on, you'll have the same amount.

The amount of electric charges you have to endure will in fact be what makes it harder. The torture chamber isn't actually all that difficult to survive, and the bandanna is so much more useful once you've memories all the enemies' patrol routes and don't need stealth to dodge them. Besides, infinite chaff grenades to knock cameras offline are always good.

Moon Rabbits
09-03-2008, 03:59 AM
I've got a question for you!

WTF was Hideo Kojima smoking and where can I get some?

Wolf Kanno
09-03-2008, 05:38 AM

It's just something in the water supply...

We are talking about a country that made this YouTube - Super Milk Chan US Openning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIVxs9KGfgM) *shudders*

I guess my question would be this. I've read in a few reviews that MGS4 resolves all major plot twist except one and I'm curious what it was. I have a pretty good feeling what it was, but I wanted to see if I can hear another perspective.

Carl the Llama
09-04-2008, 03:46 AM
well haveing just completed it about 30 mins ago, I cant see anything that wasnt solved, what I want to know is did Kojima concieve the whole 4 game series when he first started it? if se he is a super genious lol.

arcanedude34
09-04-2008, 03:58 AM
If you mean the 7+ game series (including PO and the first two Metal gear games plus a few non-canon games) then no. Metal Gear for the MSX was s'posed to be a stand-alone game. The non-Konami-associated non-canon American sequel Snake's Revenge wasn't overseen by Kojima, but he has been known to enjoy the game.

Metal gear 2 came out on the MSX after the unexpected popularity of the first game (Kojima was told people didn't want sneaking games). This was supposed to be the only sequel, but again, due to the popularity, Metal Gear Solid was made for the PSX. Again, Kojima stated this was the last Metal Gear game. After he decided to continue with it, he planned out 2 3 4 and possibly PO at that time. 4 is SUPPOSEDLY his last Metal Gear game, but knowing his track record...

There's also a few more non-canonical games including Ghost Babel Acid, etc.

Roto13
09-04-2008, 04:05 AM
There's no way he planned out the entire series for a couple of reasons.

1) He kept saying he wasn't going to be making any more Metal Gear Solid games since Metal Gear Solid 2, so he obviously hadn't been planning on more if he was ready to quit.

2) Retcons. :P Real ones. Not the ones people complain about that are actually plot twists and make perfect sense. Things like Liquid Snake being inside of Ocelot and speaking in his own voice, being changed to Ocelot thinking he had Liquid Snake in him and speaking with Ocelot's voice.

Also, I can't think of any questions I had that weren't answered.

Wolf Kanno
09-04-2008, 06:12 AM
To add to Roto's comment, Hideo Kojima mentioned in an interview for Edge magazine (I could be wrong) that he had not planned out the series and if he had, he would have made quite a few changes. The man has claimed every MGS was the last starting with MGS2.

DMKA
09-04-2008, 07:23 AM

We are talking about a country that made this YouTube - Super Milk Chan US Openning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIVxs9KGfgM) *shudders*

Umm, hate to burst your bubble, but America made that, not Japan. It's the intro for Adult Swim and the ADV DVD release of Super Milk Chan.

The original Japanese intro can be watched here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MEdkOaqfEk).

Wolf Kanno
09-04-2008, 07:34 AM

Umm, hate to burst your bubble, but America made that, not Japan. It's the intro for Adult Swim and the ADV DVD release of Super Milk Chan.

The original Japanese intro can be watched here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MEdkOaqfEk).

I should clarify, I was referring to the existence of Milk-Chan the show itself which is the leading cause of brain cell death in the world.

Bolivar
09-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Big One: In the post-game phone conversation, after being asked a question, Ocelot responds:

"The Vector? FOXDie should be going active soon..."

But in every game after it, including 4, the only purpose that is revealed is the one understood by everyone in the original game.

^This is the one plot question that I thought you might be referring to, Kanno.

I thought It was the accelerated aging, since it became noticeable somewhere between MGS1 and 2, aka "soon..." I thought it would have been the the last theme/Patriot scheme to create the perfect soldier: SENSE. Genes/Training/the right time isn't enough, you have to feel like that person.

Another: In MGS4, Campbell says how he was Raiden's commanding officer at FOXHOUND, and how he tried to help him after the events of MGS2. Rose also states how Roy tried to be there for him. But in MGS2, and in the MGS4 Database (PSN Download) it is stated that it was an AI colonel and there was no new FOXHOUND. Somewhat of a contradiction.

Things like Guns of the Patriots Liquid Snake being inside of Ocelot and speaking in his own voice, being changed to Ocelot thinking he had Liquid Snake in him and speaking with Ocelot's voice.

I think it might have to do with the end of MGS4: Liquid having the cybernetic arm on top of Arsenal. Maybe he had Liquid's arm grafted so he could genuinely have the events of MGS2 occur, then had it removed and underwent the psychotherapy after he had the patriots convinced.

Project G
09-09-2008, 11:10 AM
I have a question about MG 1 & 2!

WHY IS THERE NO DAMN SHOT KEY???? lol

KentaRawr!
09-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Why does Snake become famous by his code-name? o_O