PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Main character in a non-FF/DQ game?

Wolf Kanno
09-03-2008, 06:07 AM
The title says it all, who is your favorite SE main character from a non-FF/DQ title? When I say no FF or DQ I also mean no spin-offs, sequels or games with FF or DQ in the title.

EDIT: I'll allow this to be more interesting and say simply, favorite character from a non-FF/DQ game.

Magixion
09-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Freaking Billy from Xenogears. Also, I know it's not a Square game, but Yuri from the new Tales of Vesperia has easily become one of my favorite characters in a game. So, it's a toss up between those two. They are just both so badass. Billy and his guns, and Yuri and his bad boy yet good guy persona! :P

scrumpleberry
09-03-2008, 04:53 PM
SD3's Angela. Snobby, spoilt ultimate bitch princess, I love her.

Vermachtnis
09-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Jack Russel! Hey look a stranger! *kick* Hey look a bucket! *kick* Hey look my sister! *kick*

Or Lenneth. She even became the main character in her sisters game she's that awesome.

Marshall Banana
09-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Pip (Chrono Cross)!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/pip.jpg

Avarice-ness
09-04-2008, 02:51 AM
SD3's Angela. Snobby, spoilt ultimate bitch princess, I love her.

Agree'd.

Jessweeee♪
09-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Neku! He's got good fashion sense and says odd things. Like everyone else in the game.

"Sometimes i just feel so...emo. There I said it."
"Wait! I've got it! I just need to focus on the light of my life. My beacon of hope! Yes... That'll pull me right out of this funk! Why? Because that light is... a trick of fate? A microcosm of my world? The meaning of life? It's my PURPOSE! TIN PIN SLAMMER IS MY PURPOSE! I will be the greatest slammer that ever lived!"
"And more importantly, who thought that costume was OK? Guy's got a ram on his crotch. What is this, Freak Fashion Friday? Tin Pin, yours is a mysterious world..."
(Tin Pin, you are a trick of fate. A microcosm of my world... The meaning of life. ...Or something. Thank you, Lord! Today kicked ass. Please let tommorow be even sweeter than today! Thanks... Peace.)

black orb
09-04-2008, 07:48 PM
>>> If the old games from square count. then Magus (chrono trigger).
From the Enix side, Lezard Valeth.

BTW, I have never been a fan of main characters.

sdm42393
09-07-2008, 04:03 AM
Roxas if you consider him a main character.

Wolf Kanno
09-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Roxas if you consider him a main character.

I would count him. :D

Normally I would choose Ashley Riot from Vagrant Story but there is strong evidence its a game connected to the Ivalice series so I count it as a sequel disqualifying it from this thread.

I would have to go with either Crono or Fei Fong Wong myself.

Karellen
09-07-2008, 05:28 AM
Ivalice is just some crap Matsuno came up with so he could keep making Ogre Battle games anyway. Ashley Riot counts.

Vermachtnis
09-07-2008, 05:09 PM
I didn't notice your edit. Now it makes since why people are saying non-main characters xD.

I change my answer to Hrist.

Wolf Kanno
09-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I didn't notice your edit. Now it makes since why people are saying non-main characters xD.

I change my answer to Hrist.

I just changed the edit last night cause no one was really following the original point of the thread.

Also, Karellen it doesn't change that SE bought Matsuno and transformed Ogre Battle into a FF franchise. VS counts as a sequel/spin-off ;)

Depression Moon
09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Hmm, this seemed like a hard choice as I've hadn't played many Square games outside of FF. I almost forgot about KH, I think I would go with either Lucca from Chrono Trigger or Mint from Threads of Fate.

Vyk
09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Probably someone from Xenogears. It had loads of characters I loved. Of them I choose Citan :]

bipper
09-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Favorite main character from a SE game? Sora.

Favorite non-FF character from a SE game? Sora.

Arc_Master_14
09-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Neku! He's got good fashion sense and says odd things. Like everyone else in the game.

"Wait! I've got it! I just need to focus on the light of my life. My beacon of hope! Yes... That'll pull me right out of this funk! Why? Because that light is... a trick of fate? A microcosm of my world? The meaning of life? It's my PURPOSE! TIN PIN SLAMMER IS MY PURPOSE! I will be the greatest slammer that ever lived!"
"And more importantly, who thought that costume was OK? Guy's got a ram on his crotch. What is this, Freak Fashion Friday? Tin Pin, yours is a mysterious world..."
(Tin Pin, you are a trick of fate. A microcosm of my world... The meaning of life. ...Or something. Thank you, Lord! Today kicked ass. Please let tommorow be even sweeter than today! Thanks... Peace.)

Agreed even though I love rhyme more than anyone

champagne supernova
09-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Nah, Vagrant Story is not a FF. It does count here!

I'm surprised you preferred Ashley Riot over Sydney. Or was that before the edit?

Wolf Kanno
09-15-2008, 06:24 AM
Nah, Vagrant Story is not a FF. It does count here!

I'm surprised you preferred Ashley Riot over Sydney. Or was that before the edit?

Before the edit. I actually adore both of them to be honest. Hell the whole game's cast is incredible.

Rostum
09-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Vagrant Story is definitely incredible.

Hmm, it'd have to be someone from Chrono Cross. However, I can't really decide which character...

CimminyCricket
09-16-2008, 02:09 AM
Fayte

the AJman
09-21-2008, 11:34 PM
I would say Fayt Liengod from Star Ocean 3 and Ashley Riot from Vagrant Story (that is if Vagrant Story counts).

LunarWeaver
09-22-2008, 04:17 AM
Sora :aimkiss: I wish I climbed trees like he does. It looks... titillating.

BG-57
10-21-2008, 10:53 PM
It would be Seraphita from Xenogears (although she's not a major character). A bubbly, flighty bunny girl who uses fire and pilots a transformer. What's not to like? :D

Biukin
11-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Fei Fong Wong Hands Down When you find out he is ID the game turns all around and you kinda freak out i know i did

ljkkjlcm9
11-22-2008, 03:56 PM

Agreed even though I love rhyme more than anyone

hells yes
"(Must...Resist...Emo...Urges...)"
"Haha, you're killing me. Oh wait..."
"Is it true steroids shrink your... Nevermind"
"Full of fail, as usual."
"The pig moves on it's own? What if it's possessed--waiting to pork-chop us in the back of the head?"
Answering Phone: "Hello? Dead kid speaking."

THE JACKAL

Markus. D
11-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Rico and Rucha :3

*does the Dinner Dance*

The Last Oath
11-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Rufus VP2. and Cliff, funny guy. why cant people be like "man that Cliff sure iss something"

btw, is Xenosaga related to Xenogears?

and should i get it do u think it is good?

BG-57
11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Xenosaga is a prequel of sorts to Xenogears. Same universe, different continuity.

Xenogears is great. Never played Xenosaga.

Karellen
11-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Xenosaga is only a spiritual prequel to Xenogears. Not even the universes are the same.

I would only bother with Xenosaga if you don't have anything else to play. III is alright but it pretty much requires you to have played I and II before hand, which are both pretty bad.

BG-57
11-25-2008, 09:37 PM
I assumed that Shion was an ancestor of Citan because they shared the same surname. I guess it's just the Cid effect then.

Vermachtnis
11-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Yea, they are all just shout outs for people who've played Gears, you can read into as more if you want to. And Episode III is full of them. Like Jin's outfit and Maria to name a couple.

Takero
11-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Byuu from Bahamut lagoon .

Laddy
11-30-2008, 04:35 AM
Mint or Miranda

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Royd Clive from Front Mission, seeing how he's a competent leader.

Christmas
05-19-2022, 12:36 PM
Chrono! Katana wielding spikey hair slient protagonist!! :bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
05-20-2022, 01:02 AM
Lucca from CT or Edea from Bravely Default.

Tigmafuzz
05-23-2022, 11:18 PM
There's just so many choices! Rudy Roughknight from Wild Arms, McDohl from Suikoden, Claude from Star Ocean 2, Alex from Lunar, Meis from Thousand Arms, Koh from Azure Dreams, Mint from Threads of Fate, Frog from Chrono Trigger, Kite from the PS2 .hack// games, Justin from Grandia 1 and Ryudo from Grandia 2, Yunica from Ys Origin, Monica from Dark Cloud 2, Ashley from Vagrant Story, The Nameless One from Planescape, the Lost Wanderer and the Courier from Fallout, JC Denton from Deus Ex, Geralt from the Witcher series, Alucard because SotN is technically an rpg, the Sorceress from Diablo 2 (who was confirmed later in Diablo 3 to have been Isendra, the teacher of Li-Ming), Aloy from Horizon, the Nerevarine from Morrowind... Does Mario count? :razz:

But of course, this day has reminded me twice already who my favorite rpg main character of all time is.

Revan mah boi

Christmas
05-24-2022, 02:45 AM
The sorceress from Diablo 2 was my Magic Find Bitch!! :kaoclove: