PDA

View Full Version : Waiiittinnng~

Avarice-ness
09-04-2008, 04:13 AM
Just sitting here waaaiiiiting~ My baby's due date is this Saturday, at this point she could come any day so everyday I just sit here and wait... and wait... and wait some more! I'm hoping when I go to the doctors they give me some hope that she'll be born soon because I'm so miserable. Contractions are starting to come and go, but not enough to actually put me in labor. Just fun "LOL TRICKS" contractions! =[ If anything I'll see if I can get induced on a certain day (like NEXT saturday), but I'd really love it if she came on her own. Waiting + 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant = Miserable Ava-ness, but it means happy small baby!

So, what are you waiting for? Does it excite you? Worry you? How long have you been waiting?!

Roto13
09-04-2008, 04:17 AM
I'm waiting for Dilcio's permanent residency application to go through so we can go to Paris for a month and then move to Toronto. :P Unfortunately, we'll probably be waiting until no earlier than December. xP

Vyk
09-04-2008, 04:17 AM
That's gotta be nerve wracking

I'm not really waiting for anything... There's things that I need to go out and DO. Like ... meet women. Or fix my car. Sign up for the local astronomy society. Random stuff that'll make my life more tolerable. I guess I'm waiting for motivation? LoL

Moon Rabbits
09-04-2008, 04:18 AM
AWWWWWWWW GIANT HEART <3. Here's hoping your baby will be happy and healthy!~

I am desperately waiting for the end of my high school career. It worries and excites me because there is this whole moving across the country thing that comes after it.

This semester has already felt like years and it's only day two. :cry:

Rye
09-04-2008, 04:19 AM
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. <3333

Marshall Banana
09-04-2008, 04:35 AM
I'm waiting for you to name your baby Strawberry. =O

~*~Celes~*~
09-04-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm so excited for you! =D

Waiting for my 18th birthday, because it means I'll be an adult, yay!

Momiji
09-04-2008, 04:59 AM
Congratulations, Ava-ness! Be sure to post follow up and pictures of the baby too when you can!

What am I waiting for? My NTSC-J PS2, and the Chobits DVDs that shipped two fucking weeks ago.

Madame Adequate
09-04-2008, 05:02 AM
Spore.

Roto13
09-04-2008, 05:07 AM
Why wait? It was cracked like yesterday.

Bunny
09-04-2008, 05:14 AM
I am currently waiting to move into my new apartment. It is not very exciting because then I have to set everything up, get a job, and then set a date to go to California so I can fetch all of my stuff.

I am also waiting to see whether or not I can buy this car that I have my eye on. This does not bring excitement either.

Whoever was in charge of designing life should be fired.

DMKA
09-04-2008, 06:07 AM
I'm waiting for life to be worth living.

Caraliz
09-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Waiting for waitressing. And to go HOME, ugh, finally!!! I wanna eat some yummy food and pet my cats and sleep in my bed~

Blue Harvest
09-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm waiting for death. And Alice's letter.

Aerith's Knight
09-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Be sure to post lots of pictures when the baby is born. I'm such a sucker for babies. ^__^

I'm waiting for GoW2 in november. :p

Rye
09-04-2008, 02:43 PM
In almost exactly a week, Huxley visitssssss~

Old Manus
09-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Detox

rubah
09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I was waiting for my iPod to come in, and now it has, so I am waiting for it to sync.

Zeldy
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
WHYYY ARE WE WAITING, WE ARE SUFFOCATING!
WHYYY ARE WE WAITTTING, OH WHYYY WHYYY WHYYYY?

Did no one else think of that after reading the title? :(

bipper
09-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Spore.

Denmark
09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm waiting for your baby I guess!

And for this cold to go away. *megadoses on vitamin C*

Breine
09-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Waiting to give birth the last couple of days must be unbearable. I wish you luck for when it happens, and I hope the baby will be healthy :)

Topic: I'm waiting to go on my trip this Monday. I've been looking forward to and planning this for over a year now, and actually being so close to it is very surreal, exciting, nervewrecking and all kinds of other things.

Avarice-ness
09-04-2008, 10:05 PM
@Everyone who said something about my baby~: Thank you and yeah, waiting is freaking unbearable. I'm hoping to god when I go to the doctor tomorrow that they'll just be like "LOL We's just gonna keep you" like they did my sister.

And yeah, there will be massive baby pictures! =D

Aerith's Knight
09-04-2008, 10:27 PM
If you really can't stand it, you can always use the inducing drug, although I don't know what the effect on the birth is.

Quindiana Jones
09-04-2008, 10:28 PM
WHYYY ARE WE WAITING, WE ARE SUFFOCATING!
WHYYY ARE WE WAITTTING, OH WHYYY WHYYY WHYYYY?

Did no one else think of that after reading the title? :(

Oh my God! :jess: It's been so long since I obnoxiously yelled that at someone! I'm doing this as soon as I get to the bus for college. Woohoo!

Avarice-ness
09-04-2008, 10:46 PM
If you really can't stand it, you can always use the inducing drug, although I don't know what the effect on the birth is.

Uh, that's pitocin/oxytocin and it's not like I can really get my hands on it. I want a medicationless birth, no pain killers or anything and pitocin makes labor about 1 million times more painful than normal birth, which means that if I take the pitocin to be induced, I'm prolly going to want the epidual. It's not like I'm going to die, it's just that these days are the worst days of pregnancy. I don't condone taking a baby out before baby is ready though.

If they see that I'm getting closer but not going into labor they'll prolly schedule a day for me to be induced, I just -really- don't want to be induced.

Jessweeee♪
09-04-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm waiting for the Scummies finalists to be revealed :(

SammieBabe
09-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Uh, that's pitocin/oxytocin and it's not like I can really get my hands on it. I want a medicationless birth, no pain killers or anything and pitocin makes labor about 1 million times more painful than normal birth, which means that if I take the pitocin to be induced, I'm prolly going to want the epidual. It's not like I'm going to die, it's just that these days are the worst days of pregnancy. I don't condone taking a baby out before baby is ready though.

If they see that I'm getting closer but not going into labor they'll prolly schedule a day for me to be induced, I just -really- don't want to be induced.

I was induced with both of my children and didn't have an epidural either time. Yes, the labor is painful. Your contractions are much more intense and come on quicker. However, the birth itself can move alot quicker, in most instances. I was in labor for 6 hours with the first and 2 for the 2nd. Both of my children were also over 9lbs. If you have questions, feel free to PM me. :D Good luck sweetums!
In the meantime, I'm waiting for my divorce! :)

Miriel
09-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Try eating a lot of spicy food and having sex!

I'm waiting for the MP3 experiment 5 to roll around to San Francisco in October and for Frank from Post Secrets to visit my school in a few weeks.

Roto13
09-05-2008, 04:42 PM

Her husband is way off in military land. So maybe don't have sex. xP

Quindiana Jones
09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Have sex with spicy food?

Randgris
09-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Hours ago, I was waiting in a long queue ti get my ATM card... Its pay day! :love:

All I did for two weeks was sit in the room, listen to my trainer, write some e-mail sims, take the assessment and I get paid...

Avarice-ness
09-05-2008, 06:37 PM

I was induced with both of my children and didn't have an epidural either time. Yes, the labor is painful. Your contractions are much more intense and come on quicker. However, the birth itself can move alot quicker, in most instances. I was in labor for 6 hours with the first and 2 for the 2nd. Both of my children were also over 9lbs. If you have questions, feel free to PM me. :D Good luck sweetums!
In the meantime, I'm waiting for my divorce! :)

Thank you! Ohh I will PM you if I have any questions! :D! And yeah I'm just like praying to everything that I don't have to be induced. 2 hour labor seems massively appealing but I remember my sister telling me that the second child tends to come faster. xD I guess I'll just have to see what the doctors say, my appointment is in 2 hours! =D

Her husband is way off in military land. So maybe don't have sex. xP

*WHINNNNEEE* Yeah seriously, I told him that he was there the whole beginning of the pregnancy but when I need him to help me pop this baby out he's 6 states away! He finds it funny just 'cause I'm like "I NEED YOUR SEX" because.. well I guess that's something every husband doesn't mind hearing, no matter what the reason. :tounge:

Aerith's Knight
09-05-2008, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't put so much emphasis on the whole natural thing.

some facts:

- Birth by c-section is safer.
- You will pee, poo and in front of half a dozen strangers during the delivery.
- Your vagina has a 80% chance of tearing.
- Before doctors, child-birth death rates were 1 in 3

I think it's been a little romaticized. xD

Quindiana Jones
09-05-2008, 07:49 PM
You are aware we have doctors now, right AK? ;)

Avarice-ness
09-05-2008, 07:59 PM

some facts:

1. Birth by C-section carries the same risks as any other surgury. The recovery time is NORMALLY longer, seeing as I'm going to be an only parent to the child for 3 months I'm going to need to be up and about without having to worry about ruining my stitches. Plastic surgury is as common as a C-section and I've seen enough butchered C-sections and plastic surguries to not want to even take that risk.
2. You don't always, in cases that you know you're going to be induced, the doctors will tend to let your bowels and bladder clear before inducing you. When my sister was induced with my youngest, all she was allowed to eat was iced, yeah she didn't really eat it because it wasn't FOOD. Also, when you're having a baby, peeing and crapping on the doctor is the least of your worries.
3. That's why they make exercises to help stretch the vagina, to dramatically lower the chances of tearing. They also preform episiotomies which is a small cut to the vagina to make a larger space, they only do it in the case where tearing is very possible for the certain person.
4. We don't really have to worry about that because we HAVE doctors.

Granted, a lot of women CHOSE to have C-sections but it's normally for reasons of:

1. Knowing when the baby will come because of scheduled c-section.
2. Not having to deal with the idea that their vagina is going to be slightly stretched.
3. they normally have another person to care for the baby AND them when they are released.

For me, those aren't good reasons. I could know when my babies going to come if I'm induced. Also, it tends to be healthier for the baby if the baby stays in until the babies ready.
I could care less if my vagina's stretched a bit, seriously, I had a baby, I'm not expecting to have the body of an 18 year old after this.
I'm going to be taking care of this baby by myself, while I know it'll be hard with vaginal birth because that takes a toll out of you as well, It would be MASSIVELY harder for me to take care of a baby while having to work around stitches.

Roto13
09-05-2008, 08:03 PM

some facts:

There's a difference between a natural birth and giving birth out in the woods and chewing off the umbilical cord yourself. xD

2. Not having to deal with the idea that their vagina is going to be slightly stretched.

Slightly stretched? You know you're going to be pushing a person the size of a watermelon out of a hole the size of a lemon, right?

Aerith's Knight
09-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Hmm, seems like you thought I was against natural child birth. I wasn't xD

I just wanted to give those little facts. They freaked me out the first time I heard them :p

And I said tear, not stretch.

Miriel
09-05-2008, 10:01 PM
*WHINNNNEEE* Yeah seriously, I told him that he was there the whole beginning of the pregnancy but when I need him to help me pop this baby out he's 6 states away! He finds it funny just 'cause I'm like "I NEED YOUR SEX" because.. well I guess that's something every husband doesn't mind hearing, no matter what the reason. :tounge:

You could, uh, try poking around in there without your husband or any other man actually. :p

Lawr
09-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm waiting for school to end.

You can tell I'm making progress because the first week is already over!

Aerith's Knight
09-05-2008, 11:00 PM

You could, uh, try poking around in there without your husband or any other man actually. :p

This is why I like you. xD

Avarice-ness
09-05-2008, 11:11 PM

Actually, that would help but the male ejaculation actually helps more because the prostaglandin that makes up semen helps thin and soften the cervix. I don't need his sex! I need his love juice!

Needless to say I'm like 1cm dialated. The baby has dropped down far into the birth canal though so that's a good sign, and my nightly contractions are a good sign.
Since I'm not going to try Castor Oil (seriously, Ew) I'm going to try Raspberry Leaf tea and hope that will jog some stronger contractions and start dialting me. Here's to old wives tales! HOPEFULLY THEY WORK! I can just hope and whine.

Quindiana Jones
09-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Just get him to send you some in a little jar. :D

SammieBabe
09-08-2008, 09:47 AM

Actually, that would help but the male ejaculation actually helps more because the prostaglandin that makes up semen helps thin and soften the cervix. I don't need his sex! I need his love juice!

Needless to say I'm like 1cm dialated. The baby has dropped down far into the birth canal though so that's a good sign, and my nightly contractions are a good sign.
Since I'm not going to try Castor Oil (seriously, Ew) I'm going to try Raspberry Leaf tea and hope that will jog some stronger contractions and start dialting me. Here's to old wives tales! HOPEFULLY THEY WORK! I can just hope and whine.

FYI - You having an orgasm could help too. A woman's uterus contracts when she has an orgasm. So uh..you could..uh you know.. ;)
Every time I walked for more than 15 minutes, like if at all the mall or something, I would have contractions. Of course, my children are stubborn, and they would stop a while later. But its worth a shot. Get a friend and go for a walk!

Jiro
09-08-2008, 10:04 AM
I can't wait to see pics too, I bet it'll be a cutie. Wait, what? I'm not normally this excited for kids, and I don't even know you. But I'm excited none-the-less, so good luck to you sweetie :D