PDA

View Full Version : summons

a random ninja
09-05-2008, 12:22 AM
what do you think the summons will be called in XIII? they've used summons, espers, scions, totema, eidolons, guardian forces, aeons and avatars. do you think they'll recycle a previously used name like they did for XII and the ds remake of IV? or do you think they'll have a new name for them? i know no one knows for sure yet, i'm just curious to see what you guys think would make a good name for them.

Serapy
09-05-2008, 12:53 AM
I think it's going to be an advanced version of espers from FF12, I could be wrong though.

a random ninja
09-05-2008, 03:04 AM
so you think they'll just be called espers again?

Goldenboko
09-05-2008, 03:05 AM
My guess is they might come up with a whole new name, being on a whole new system. Kinda like Aeons of FFX.

Wolf Kanno
09-05-2008, 05:24 AM
I can see them reusing Aeons or Guardian Forces, but chances are, its a new name.

Ouch!
09-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Given that some, if not all, of the summons have alternate uses, I expect they'll have a new name to reflect this. Typically when there's something that sets the summons apart, specifically in a way necessary to the plot, they are named to reflect this.

a random ninja
09-05-2008, 07:45 AM
so then what do you guys think would be a cool name for them?

Wolf Kanno
09-07-2008, 07:16 PM
so then what do you guys think would be a cool name for them?

Has visions of Digimon references...

Depression Moon
09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
which games had scions, and avatars? I think it might have some technical term for them or they might call them spirit guardians.

Wolf Kanno
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
which games had scions, and avatars? I think it might have some technical term for them or they might call them spirit guardians.

I know Avatars are from XI not sure about Scions, possibly the same game? (still a noob in XI)

Ouch!
09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
The espers in FFXII were also called scions.

Tigmafuzz
09-08-2008, 05:31 AM
no, the espers were made in opposition to the scions. it's an old greek or roman mythological reference. like everything else in the game. perhaps scions in the fabula nova crystallis to reflect the espers in ffxii? that way, they can make the enemies in xiii the espers from ffxii, and we can see who they were to be against. of course, they are most likely going to add more of the norse and altenian mythology as they did for ix and xi, but i don't think they would come up with a whole new name because then they would upset fans, as they are expecting something along the longs of summons or espers or aeons or maybe just high-powered magics. then again, if they do the whole "make the summons stay in battle with you while you fight with only one person and the stupid thing is weak as hell anyway" thing like in xii, i won't even buy it. just ruins it all, you know? just defeats the whole purpose of having an esper. it sucks. really.
but i digress. the scions are probably the best bet for now. if they come up with something new, it'll probably be titans or something.
on a side-note, they have been saying that the mini-games in ffxiii might include poker, pachinko, fishing, the tetra master/triple triad/sphere break thing but different, a type of blitzball, an ffxii hunt system sort of thing, a few of the golden saucer mini games (including chocobo racing; sweet!), snowboarding/skateboarding, a game along the lines of chocobo hot and cold, and/or many other side-quests. i hope none of them have to do with requiring a summon, like in ffxii, when you had to summon belias to past the gigas gate in giruvegan, i think it was. that confused the hell out of me.

a random ninja
09-08-2008, 05:54 AM
in revenant wings, all the espers that were in XII return, and they're referred to as scions. plus in tactics a2 they all return and are called scions. at any rate, i don't think coming up with an all new name for them would upset any fans. as i mentioned, they've already used quite a lot of different names for them as it is. but yeah, i don't think those espers will have anything to do with FNC. i'm pretty sure they're just part of ivalice. plus we've already seen some of the more classic summons, so...i dunno. i guess i shouldn't have asked what do you THINK they'll be called, but more like what would you LIKE them to be called.

Hyperion4444
09-09-2008, 11:24 PM
They'll be called 'Transformers'. (just joking)
This is just a theory, but we base ourselves on the Shiva Bike, we could assume that other summons could have transportation functions. Such as:
Siren Ship. (Boat)
Ifrit Tank or Red Sport Car. (Tank to break unpassable walls) (Car to transport multiple people fast)
Carbuncle..... I have no idea what Carbuncle could be as a transportation device... maybe it transforms to a disc and you lisen to music.

Right now we have 4 confirmed Summons.

Shiva (Bike)
Siren
Carbuncle
and Ifrit.

So one masculin Summons for three feminine Summons. (arguably, imo)

Tigmafuzz
09-09-2008, 11:44 PM
what i would LIKE them to be called? hmm...
wow, that's a toughy. i honestly have no idea.

a random ninja
09-10-2008, 03:09 AM
yeah, i've been trying to figure a cool term that might fit them, but i can't. maybe square can't either. maybe that's why they decided to start recycling terms they've already used.