PDA

View Full Version : Dodging Bullets & Saving the Day

Calliope
09-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Hello internet,

Yesterday I was almost run over in the street (as detailed in my livejournal), and had to come to the aid of the unfortunate pedestrian who was hit instead; dithering about trying to keep people calm and stopping blood from gushing everywhere, while processing that my friends and I had escaped victimization by a hair's breadth.

In order to distract me, pray tell me about your near-misses with shaking off the mortal coil; foiled robberies, discovered butane leaks, car accidents, and how you've had to attend to an emergency and how you totally kept your cool and was awarded the key to the city.

Jessweeee♪
09-06-2008, 01:14 AM
O:

I think the closest to death I've been that I actually remember is a car accident. Someone ran a red light and we went spinning! I just remember freaking out because the music on the radio just suddenly slowed down really creepy like when it wasn't supposed to, then I guess we got hit because we were spinning and my school stuff attacked my face. We didn't have to go to the hospital or anything, though.

Del Murder
09-06-2008, 03:14 AM
Once I fell out of a tree but I got up and brushed myself off and walked away like nothing happened.

Roto13
09-06-2008, 03:17 AM
Some waste of skin in a transport truck driving on the wrong side of the road, almost causing a head on collision.

If we hadn't swerved fast enough and it had happened, you can be damn sure that guy would be nothing but a puddle and some meat when I was done with him. Hell, if I had the chance, I'd pound the stupid out of him anyway.

Peegee
09-06-2008, 05:10 AM
They usually award a person the Darwin award if said person successfully (it's a success?) kills him/herself in a stupid manner.

I've not killed myself yet, but I have almost killed myself a few times.

- I wanted to set a bee nest on fire to get rid of the bees. However I was having problem with the lighter fluid (WD 40) catching on fire. So I tried a piece of paper as a source of fire that would sit long enough for the WD 40 spray to catch. Well, instead of catching, the fire continued to burn until I threw it away -- almost underneath the propane gas tank.

Yes really.

- One day years ago I was doing some computer repair / upgrades. I had the panel on the computer off, and had the pc booted up. I wanted to reboot the pc or something, so naturally I pulled the power supply to the HDD while the PC was powered on.

Yes really.

Sparks flew everywhere and the pc BSOD'd and shut down. No I didn't get the error message.