PDA

View Full Version : Question about difficulty - DS version.

demondude
09-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I've heard this iteration is difficult, but to what extent?
Do I need good strategies, and tactics to beat bosses? Or Is it imperative to use Augments EXACTLY right, and to level up loads?

Fire_Emblem776
09-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Im doing fine not using them and im up to the lunar whale. But im sure they make it a hell of a lot easier. Its more difficult then i remember the other versions to be. But it adds to the challenge

ljkkjlcm9
09-09-2008, 01:59 AM
it's not overly difficult. You can complete the entire game at low levels with the right strategies and augments. Or the opposite, you can complete the entire game by over leveling. It's really only the optional bosses on the New Game++ that you have to have the optimal setups. Even then, there are different ones you can choose to use.

Basically, just pay attention to enemy weaknesses and what's going on during the battles, and you'll be fine. And heal almost every turn if not every turn later on.

THE JACKEL

Jowy
09-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Real men don't use augments.

Ultima Shadow
09-16-2008, 07:50 PM
It's really only the optional bosses Proto Babil on the New Game++ that you have to have the optimal setups.Fixed.

...because the other, elemental optional boss, can be beated without any augments at all... even solo'ed.

Also, they can both be fought on "New game+", not just "New Game++" (you only have to beat the game once, not twice to fight them).

Roogle
09-16-2008, 08:02 PM
I have played all iterations of Final Fantasy IV and, despite the above postings say, the Nintendo DS version is the most difficult due to revised enemy AI scripts and strategies.

Del Murder
09-17-2008, 01:47 AM
It's harder, the bosses require real strategy this time and I've died multiple times to many of them. But it's not impossible or even extremely difficult.

Hint: Pray is awesome.

NeoCracker
09-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Screw Pray, it's all about Bardsong baby.. B)

At least if you give it to Kain. He's so worthless in that last battle, the only thing he's good for is pumping up everyone else. XD

Nice
10-12-2008, 11:59 PM
It's kicking my ass all over the place. FF IV certainly doesn't disappoint in terms of difficulty. Which is something that should be appreciated.

KoShiatar
10-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I actually found that the dungeons were easier (except for the last one), while the bosses were harder.