PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea 3

CimminyCricket
09-06-2008, 08:40 PM
I've been playing my copy for the last week and I'm in love. I enjoy it a thousand times more than the last two. My only gripe is that it's on the PS3, visually, it totally could have fit on the PS2. It is by far the best of them yet, it introduces tons of new features that have me playing for hours past my bed time.

"This'll be the last level I swear!"

How many of you have played it and what do you think? The voices fit perfectly for the characters in my opinion.

For those of you in Europe waiting for you release, early 2009 with Square Enix distributing. O_o

Markus. D
09-07-2008, 02:32 AM
Forum thread Migration :o!

:DDD

I reallllly, reallly, reallly wanna play this game.

But! being the only game I currently want on PS3, I'm passing at the moment.

Roto13
09-07-2008, 02:56 AM
Cim sent me Disgaea 1 and I haven't finished it yet. :bigsmile:

But I will! As soon as I finish XII. xP

Markus. D
09-07-2008, 03:06 AM
No! Destroy your copy of XII and head STRAIGHT into the world of Disgaea.

That way you can sooner play Disgaea 2 =]

CimminyCricket
09-07-2008, 03:14 AM
I've been trying to tell him that, but he won't listen! D:

Markus. D
09-07-2008, 03:16 AM
I thought you two were internet lovers or something ._.

C'mon Rotato~! Cim talks sense!

Roto13
09-07-2008, 03:17 AM
Lovers xD

OH HUSH! I'm just doing some hunts and then I'm going to do the PHaros and then the game is almost over. Gawd, you people are so impatient.

Markus. D
09-07-2008, 03:20 AM
I'll say! that Tsu, what an annoying twit!

nonono, It's good to hear more people considering Nippon game Entry :D!

Vyk
09-07-2008, 04:16 AM
Glad they chose Disgaea as the franchise to sequalize. I didn't like the sound of the other games. I don't like how complex some tactical games get. Disgaea was really complex, but nothing like FFT or anything. Only thing I didn't like was the whole colored squares thing. Geodes? Or whatever they were. Not that they were that hard. But they were a pain in the ass to plan around, and they seemed to have little relivance. And leveling up weapons took forever. But I guess it was worth it. Fun game overall. Too bad I lost my PS2 before finishing it. And never made it to the second one. But I'll probably get back into that stuff someday ^_^'

Momiji
09-07-2008, 04:21 AM
No! Destroy your copy of XII and head STRAIGHT into the world of Disgaea.

That way you can sooner play Disgaea 2 =]

Disgaea puts Final Fantasy to shame. ;)

Markus. D
09-07-2008, 04:47 AM
Glad they chose Disgaea as the franchise to sequalize. I didn't like the sound of the other games. I don't like how complex some tactical games get. Disgaea was really complex, but nothing like FFT or anything. Only thing I didn't like was the whole colored squares thing. Geodes? Or whatever they were. Not that they were that hard. But they were a pain in the ass to plan around, and they seemed to have little relivance. And leveling up weapons took forever. But I guess it was worth it. Fun game overall. Too bad I lost my PS2 before finishing it. And never made it to the second one. But I'll probably get back into that stuff someday ^_^'

The item world in general is a pain in Disgaea 1, It's extremely random whereas the latter Disgaea games have set map selection with random Geo effects to keep it interesting =]... but you don't have to throw them 96939 Kilometres just to get to one enemy.

Geo whatsits made the game hard, I liked 'em =]!... and the whole grind aspect of disgaea is for crazy people :D! (The true grind is optional, you may have to level here and there)

Vyk
09-07-2008, 06:35 AM
If I have to fight every 5th battle a second time to get an extra level, its not that bad. Or if I lost because my strategy sucked I can live with that. Though I do prefer simpler strat games (oh Shining Force). But I don't need to be babied. Disgaea was good for a bit of challenge and adventure. But they did also kinda drag it down a bit. Glad to hear they tried to refine things though :]

Dreddz
09-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Does this game require you to have played Disgaea 2 or is it ok to skip that one. I beat Disgaea and really enjoyed it but haven't got around to playing Disgaea 2 and am thinking that I may just skip it and go for this one. PS3 needs some JRPG loving ya know.

Vivisteiner
09-07-2008, 01:16 PM
I completed Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness on my PSP. It was good fun, mainly because the Dark Adonis rocks my socks.

Still, Digaea 3's graphics are terrible. I dislike it when they do that to PS3 games. Might as well release it on PS2.

Markus. D
09-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Does this game require you to have played Disgaea 2 or is it ok to skip that one. I beat Disgaea and really enjoyed it but haven't got around to playing Disgaea 2 and am thinking that I may just skip it and go for this one. PS3 needs some JRPG loving ya know.

Nippon always does it fresh each time.

At most you'll see a Cameo of the other heroes (I'm not sure entirely, Etna was a Major character in Disgaea 2 afterall).

But please play D2 too, It's great xD

CimminyCricket
09-08-2008, 02:48 AM
There were no main story cameos this time around, although the side quests cameos are plentiful. I'm almost done with it and I can't wait to finish it so I can start the side quests!

Gilghamut
09-10-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm starting to enjoy this game more and more now, after the overwhelming feeling has started to wear off. This is my first SRPG since FFT. The humor is good, and the combos are awesome. Only on chapter 5 so far.

black orb
09-10-2008, 05:28 PM
>>> For the lucky people who play Disgaea 3, does Ash from Phanthom Brave appears in the game too?
I saw a short Disgaea 3 cutscene and someone that looked a lot like him appeared.
I think Ill get a PS3 in ten more years, so until that time.

Bolivar
09-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm really thinking about getting this. Between this and Valkyria Chronicles its great for me to see the PS3 gettin alot of Japanese SRPG shine on.

CimminyCricket
09-10-2008, 09:25 PM
No, Ash doesn't have a sprite for this game. Marona shows up though.

Markus. D
09-11-2008, 09:39 AM
As does Asagi <3

Yar
09-11-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm working on Disgaea 1 because of that damned Cim. :mad:

I've got a long time before I even buy Disgaea 3.

Mirage
09-11-2008, 11:37 PM
I just ordeded this thing from Canadia! If I'm lucky, it might get shipped tomorrow.

CimminyCricket
09-12-2008, 07:36 PM
This damned Cim has tainted several people he knows with Disgaea fandom. But who would blame the person that converted him?

Mirage
09-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh, I was playing Disgaea way before i knew about Cim.

CimminyCricket
09-12-2008, 11:12 PM
I wasn't talking about you xD
;_; but you could have lied and said you've known about me forever.

Mirage
09-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Oh also, everyone in europe should import it from videogamesplus.ca. The PS3 does not have regional lockouts for games, only for movies.

It'll be cheaper, and you'll get it in a couple of weeks.

CimminyCricket
09-13-2008, 06:44 PM
<_< I think rosenqueen might have a better deal xD

Mirage
09-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Huh?

Dreddz
09-13-2008, 07:34 PM
It'll be cheaper, and you'll get it in a couple of weeks.
A couple of weeks!? That's awful shipping time. If you go to ebay people already have the game in the region and can deliver to you in around 2 days. That's the best way to go if you want to import.

Mirage
09-13-2008, 08:01 PM
And what if i don't want to go through a third party? Also, a couple of weeks is the worst case scenario. My game was shipped the day after i ordered it, the rest is up to the different postal services it's sent through, and the stores can't really control that. Of course, you can pay extra to get it shipped faster with DHL, but i didn't bother.

CimminyCricket
09-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Rosenqueen is the company that I get all of my Disgaea stuff through xD.

Roto13
09-13-2008, 08:37 PM
You cna't get much less third party than Rosenqueen. :P

CimminyCricket
09-13-2008, 08:52 PM
xD

Markus. D
09-14-2008, 12:40 AM
XD... I don't care, it's a rad company name.

xDDDD Cim, I show concern sometimes y'know... xD