PDA

View Full Version : Too flakey for Head and Shoulders.

Rye
09-07-2008, 09:33 PM
My friend, Florida, is quite simply a flake. I met him at my college orientation and we hang out a lot on campus. However, he's always flaking out and forgets to show up to hang out with my friends and I. Last night, I was watching movies with my friends in one of their dorms with air conditioning. We invited him and his roommate over, and they agreed to come many times, but they didn't show. I was so mad because Florida is supposed to walk me home when it's really dark out, because I'm scared and my dorm is in a really isolated and creepy area on campus. I had to walk all the way home in a storm to my dorm alone int the dark.

;;

Are you/your friends flakes? :Oo:

Jessweeee♪
09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm a flake :spin:

Breine
09-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I have a couple of friends that are flakes, yes. They're a lot of fun, though, and I love them to death.

Peegee
09-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Not many. I really hated flakes and currently I just put them in a little corner I call 'friends, but don't expect much from them'. I will invite them to things but those things will always be events I want to go to, will go to, or already will be taking OTHER people to.

If they want to tag along, great. If not, who cares?

Your friend Orlando not showing up to walk you home is pretty lousy move imo. Don't expect much from this person (as in, don't view him as dependable, at all)

Rye
09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Florida walks me home when he's hanging out with us because I get scared in the dark, but his dorm was RIGHT near the dorm I was in and he refuseddddddd. ;;

Shlup
09-07-2008, 09:56 PM
I would be a flake too if I were a dude named Florida. Yikes.

None of my friends are really flakes. I think all of us can be flakey, but BJ and I don't keep habitual flakes around.

~*~Celes~*~
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
My mom is a total flake, actually.

One day, she said "hey, I'll drive you to school!" and I agreed. I hated riding the bus SO much.

It came to be time to go, so I went to the dining room area where mom was on her computer. "Mom, it's time to go! I'm going to be late!" She didn't look up at me as she said "hold on, just gotta post this bulletin on myspace..." I let out an agitated noise (who wouldn't be agitated?) and she said "I HAVE to though! It's about God!"

I ended up being 5 minutes late to school, and got a detention.

Granted, I should have just taken the bus, but when it's freaking -65868684 degrees and the superintendent refused to close school so we wouldn't have to make up any extra days...And the bus is ALWAYS late by like a gazillion minutes on the colder days and you have to stand out there and watch your body slowly turn into a 4' 10 1/2" dwarfcicle... Mom driving you to school sounds so much, much more appealing.

Rye
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM

None of my friends are really flakes. I think all of us can be flakey, but BJ and I don't keep habitual flakes around.

His real name is Max, but we call him Florida because he's from the actual real "southern" part of Florida were it's not all people from New York who moved there to die, so he's all weird and hunts squirrels and wrestles boars and stuff. xD

Bunny
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
My girlfriend's little sister is a flake. But I don't like her anyway so she isn't really a friend.

Madame Adequate
09-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm not a flake because I just ignore and/or deny people right from the outset.

Old Manus
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Maybe he's just trying to avoid you

Roto13
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
There used to be a priest around here named called Father Patry and I used to call him Father Pastry because he was so flakey.

Mogi
09-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Mogi = Flake.
Definitely.
:P

o_O
09-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Not many. I really hated flakes and currently I just put them in a little corner I call 'friends, but don't expect much from them'. I will invite them to things but those things will always be events I want to go to, will go to, or already will be taking OTHER people to.

If they want to tag along, great. If not, who cares?

I do this. I have a few friends who I can always count on to flake. They're fine when they're single, but the second they meet a girl/guy they suddenly vanish from the face of the planet. :p

Moon Rabbits
09-07-2008, 11:48 PM

His real name is Max, but we call him Florida because he's from the actual real "southern" part of Florida were it's not all people from New York who moved there to die, so he's all weird and hunts squirrels and wrestles boars and stuff. xD

I can't tell if it is less awesome that his name isn't actually Florida, or more awesome because of the reason he has that nickname.

I am flakey sometimes, but that is mostly because I am just very forgetful. Sometimes I will make plans and forget I made them and make new ones and then run into the person I originally made plans with! That is awkward.

Tasura
09-08-2008, 01:33 AM
most of my friends are flakes, but I'm kinda flakey at times, so it's fine. The most flakiest of my friends said he was going to come over, and showed up 3 days later O_o.

Denmark
09-08-2008, 02:49 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/36/Low_fr_tp.JPG/200px-Low_fr_tp.JPG
Sure it's not Flo Rida?

I'm not a flake. I'm kind of the anti-flake.

Fonzie
09-08-2008, 03:27 AM
Nah, I'm not much of a flake. :p

Rye
09-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Maybe he's just trying to avoid you

He texts me too much for that. xD

Bunny
09-08-2008, 04:19 AM
Maybe he's trying to avoid you but confusing you by sending mixed signals. Also was this the first time it happened?

Shoeberto
09-08-2008, 04:35 AM
I used to be a big flake until like my senior year of high school. Then I changed for the better.

I don't know many flakey people. I guess I sort of established myself as the flake of the group.

Hambone
09-08-2008, 05:01 AM
I try not to be when I can. There are just so many better things to though! :(

CimminyCricket
09-08-2008, 05:11 AM
Yeah, I never go anywhere.

rubah
09-08-2008, 05:57 AM
I am not a flake.
Most people are flakes in comparison though.

Jiro
09-08-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm not a flake. I get out of events before they happen. So nobody expects me there. It's not that I don't want to go, it's just that I'm busy.

~*~Celes~*~
09-08-2008, 07:33 AM
I try not to be flakey myself, but there are some times when I just plain forget. Not intentionally, just...meh, I hate it!

Balzac
09-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm not a flake, but I have a friend that is. He'll call me to go out somewhere and then never show.