PDA

View Full Version : "Infinite Undiscovery?" for FFXIII???

Tigmafuzz
09-08-2008, 04:44 AM
I just saw the commercial. I think that's what it was called. "Gameplay unlike any you've seen before..."
you mean, the exact same gameplay as ffxii? that's what it looked like, almost exactly. at first i thought it was a commercial for ffxiii, but i realized that would be a big difference. simply because it said square at the beginning of the commercial, i was so looking forward to just running down to gamestop in my pajamas (with the little twinkies on them lol) and buying a copy. but nope. i got sorta mad, but then realized if this was just a side-project for ffxiii, then ffxiii must be amazing!
anyway, to my point, has anyone seen the demo for ffxiii yet?
it hasn't officially been released, i don't think. but i saw a video of it somewhere (on an illegal website, though, don't bother googling it) and it had stunning graphics, like i saw in the commercial for IU.
so i would like to start comparisons for infinite undiscovery or whatever and final fantasy xiii. any takers?
i would like to start with graphics. IU has ffxii graphics, so i'm hoping that xiii is better; on xbox 360 or ps3 or computer (especially computer) with highly compressed graphics. otherwise, it just won't be as groundbreaking as i hope it to be.
i haven't heard music yet, but if anyone has, let me know where.
gameplay...
well, ffxii was sort of lacking in the battle department. story-wise, a bit off, and a little hard to understand. but overall gameplay, i'd give it a 9/10. anyone that has played IU, let me know what it is like, so we can make fun of it or praise it or whatever is necessary.
any other comparisons you can think of?

CimminyCricket
09-08-2008, 05:01 AM
I want this game, when does it come out?

Ouch!
09-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Infinite Undiscovery is not a side project. It was developed by Tri-Ace, perhaps most well-known for developing the Star Ocean series. Infinite Undiscovery was merely published by Square-Enix. Anyway, it's supposed to be a fairly mediocre RPG. It's sitting on my desk, but I'm playing through Tales of Vesperia before I get around to it.

As far as Infinite Undiscovery in comparison to Final Fantasy XIII... I can offer little. The gameplay is nothing at all like FFXII's, though, I can tell you that much.

Hyperion4444
09-09-2008, 11:03 PM
When I saw the graphics of I.U. I wasn't very impressed. It looked like FFXII's graphics, maybe with a little more detail.
If square-enix were still looking at the PS2 as a console to make games on, and weren't exclusif, that game could have been there.

a random ninja
09-09-2008, 11:07 PM
yeah honestly i wasn't particularly impressed with IU's graphics...yeah, they're good, but they're not like omg amazing. it looks like it could be kinda fun though. but yeah, not related to XIII at all.