PDA

View Full Version : Yes indeed!

ReloadPsi
09-08-2008, 11:05 AM
This weirds me out. I restarted the game, having never actually beaten it before and having not touched it for a few years, and so far two of the bosses I've met have yelled "Yes indeed!" and attempted to kick my ass with some kind of special attack.

The first question: What the hell?

Second question: Does Ted Woolsey's translation in this game ever seem a bit odd to you? I'm not sure what it is but sometimes it feels like he's just not making any sense. I'm sorry to say I'd only hire the guy if I wanted my translation to accidentally be funny :p

Magixion
09-08-2008, 03:41 PM
To be honest, I never really thought much of that, but now that you bring it up, it really doesn't make sense at all. I do know that when I first played Chrono Trigger when I was a young'n and didn't mind the translation, so it didn't bother me much. It has been awhile since my last playthrough, so maybe I will give it another go to check the script out again.

Elly
09-08-2008, 09:59 PM
i have beat the game over 30 times for all edings and their varients on the SNES & PSone versions, and i have never had a problem with Teds translation as the humor is part of the charm of the game, of course there is only one thing that bugs me and that's the translation of Beer to Soda instead of Beer or some other equivelant and the bar scenes with Toma and the drunk guy just seems off kilter because of it...

scrumpleberry
09-08-2008, 10:22 PM
The translation has a sort of quirky charm imo. I always thought it was quite fun x)

Coma
09-09-2008, 12:54 AM
ITT: We fanboyishly defend a terrible translation.

Elly
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
there's no doubt that it's a poor translation but it is by no means terrible... as for "Yes Indeed!", i always took it that the persons/things saying it say it because they delude themselves into thinking they're gonna win, when they release their best attack they say it out of excitement... also it's not our world their idioms can be quite different from ours...